history of mets uniforms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
    Do the Mets have a different color "NY" on their caps? Is it just for today's game or has it been for the whole year so far. Kind of a metallic orange?
    They have an alternate cap introduced this year to go with the blue road jersey. The logo is silver/grey outlined in orange.

NY-Mets-New-Caps-2015.jpg

MetsNationalsBaseball-0d359.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, I included this alternate jersey in my list of "clunkers." When I see it close-up, it doesn't seem so bad after all. I have to admit that it's starting to grow on me.
    Last edited by Chef Bill; 04-12-2015, 06:16 AM.
    "Chef Bill"
    Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

Thanks for the update.

I don't like this constant changing of uniform style, but I understand it. I have never liked the solid color top uniforms. It was not the style when I started watching baseball and reminds me of spring training uniforms, which is maybe when I first saw them. That said, I don't mind the silver lettering outlined in orange. But I do not associate solid color tops, including the back ones, with professional baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
        Thanks for the update.

I don't like this constant changing of uniform style, but I understand it. I have never liked the solid color top uniforms. It was not the style when I started watching baseball and reminds me of spring training uniforms, which is maybe when I first saw them. That said, I don't mind the silver lettering outlined in orange. But I do not associate solid color tops, including the back ones, with professional baseball.
        My late father always said that solid-color tops reminded him of girl's softball uniforms.
        "Chef Bill"
        Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

The Best and Worst Uniforms of the NY Mets and other observations...

Originally posted by Chef Bill View Post
          And some, in my opinion, clunkers of our own. Thankfully, a couple were just for a day...

[ATTACH]147075[/ATTACH]
          CB and Everybody:

I agree with you about many of these uniform variations - like the Islanders "fisherman" logo which not only fans disliked - I believe
          that Gortons threatened to sue over copyright violations and was the main reason why this logo was dropped after just one season...

I noticed that the script 1987 Mets "New York" road uniforms are among these choices - I liked that variation much better then the block
          letter NEW YORK variation that followed that to me was just a Yankees imitation - bringing back the Old English NEW YORK variation was
          the proper move during the 90s for the Mets road uniforms - which was a inheritance of sorts like the NY hat logo from the NY Giants...

The Mets uniform variation that I disliked the most was the 1993-94 home uniforms that bunched up and added a tail to the word METS
          across the front - changing back to the traditional METS script lettering in 1995 was the way to go...

I was never a fan of the Mets black uniforms - but since the Mets adopted their base colors from both the Giants and Dodgers black did
          make some sense - and I remember reading the reason that the Mets never used a black hat with the orange NY is that the Giants actually
          retained a copyright or trademark to that hat variation - forcing the Mets to use a blue and orange mix color NY variation on their black hats...

I really like the current blue and orange alternate uniforms - colorful variations of traditional Mets colors - and using Mr. Met on uniforms and
          alternate or batting practice hats is a good move to show more of the Mets mascot...

In closing I agree with the thoughts about liking what you grew up with and the traditional Mets uniforms of their first 15 years 1962-1976
          do happen to be my personal favorites...

LI MIKE

Comment

The St. Louis Catholic Saints high school team in Lake Charles, Louisiana has uniforms that resemble the Joe Petruccio 1980s New York Mets uniforms! Just trim it up a bit and go get em!

CDRdFrGXIAAcF6q.jpg
            The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

What's with Puerto Rican teams wearing Mets inspired uniforms? Grow the game.

29964_676x396_0396961001329005908.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

$_3 (12).JPG

$_3 (11).JPG

20110913_accionbei_3048522-1.jpg

Comment

Senadores de San Juan. Metros de San Juan.

Comment

Happy Birthday Darryl Strawberry!

$_3 (9).JPG

$_3 (13).JPG

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...