2018-2019 Mets Off Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

No need to apologize. We are all fans of the same crazy, dysfunctional team.

I loved Boras' comment about the Mets saying VanWaganen is going to be shopping at Fred's store this off season. That pretty much says it all about the impression people have of this team and their (un)willingness to spend enough money to go all in.
    Here is the article you cited.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/scott-...ven-worse-now/

Boras makes some excellent points as to why an agent becoming a GM can/should be frowned upon.

I also love the "shop at Fred's" comment. I find it both funny and sad the Met organization reputation throughout the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Boras makes some excellent points as to why an agent becoming a GM can/should be frowned upon.

I also love the "shop at Fred's" comment. I find it both funny and sad the Met organization reputation throughout the game.
      I didn't realize "Fred's" was some sort of chain discount sore ala "the 99cent" stores. I thought it was a reference to the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post

I didn't realize "Fred's" was some sort of chain discount sore ala "the 99cent" stores. I thought it was a reference to the owner.
        I don't think Boras coincidentally used Fred's Discount Store as his example. I think it was a shot at Fred Wilpon with the out that it is actually a store. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post

I only know about it because I once Googled "Fred Coupon" and "Fred's Coupons" came up.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

I only know about it because I once Googled "Fred Coupon" and "Fred's Coupons" came up.
            So what was pictured - Bounty paper towels......or Jason Vargas?

Comment

So what was pictured - Bounty paper towels......or Jason Vargas?
              Is there a difference between the two?

Comment

Is there a difference between the two?
                Big difference. One sops up messes, the other opens the flood gates.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Pauly

That was a excellent article and brought up some good points. Seems everyone from agents to fellow GM's to the Union to even the players all have questions about this move. Yet, Capn Jeff and crew trudged on. It makes you wonder

And Capn Jeff and crew wonder Y us lowly fan don't trust them???

North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Amed Rosario goes 3 for 4 in game two of MLB Japan series with a long home run.

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynboy View Post

Pauly

That was a excellent article and brought up some good points. Seems everyone from agents to fellow GM's to the Union to even the players all have questions about this move. Yet, Capn Jeff and crew trudged on. It makes you wonder

And Capn Jeff and crew wonder Y us lowly fan don't trust them???
                      The absurdity that the organization sells and the absurdity that some of the fan base is willing to absorb is astounding to me.

They are con artists and a segment of the fan base is conned to the core.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

Big difference. One sops up messes, the other opens the flood gates.
                        Or you could say Bounty sucks up spills, Vargas just...sucks.
                        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                          Or you could say Bounty sucks up spills, Vargas just...sucks.
                          Bounty cleans up messes and Vargas created messes. I think we all agree that Bounty paper towels > Vargas.

Comment

Bounty cleans up messes and Vargas created messes. I think we all agree that Bounty paper towels > Vargas.
                            And they don't cost $6,000,000 a year.
                            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                              And they don't cost $6,000,000 a year.
                              It would take a lot more than $6MM in paper towels to clean up the mess this team is right now. Vargas is just part of it.

I am getting to ready order my Asdrubal Cabrera (the second generation) jersey right now.

Comment

Small time thinking:

https://risingapple.com/2018/11/12/m...-playing-time/

The article talks about how they need someone to challenge Todd Frazier for playing time. I totally disagree --- they need someone that puts Frazier on the bench permanently or released. What kind of player challenges Frazier? A .215 hitter that can hit 20 homers? That is a challenge for Frazier.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X