Player/Players who can change the 2019 season results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player/Players who can change the 2019 season results

Not deGrom, who was amazing, but who can either improve their overall 2018 results or as a newcomer can change the Mets?

My vote is for Zack Wheeler. Better late than never. This is his season.

For non-pitcher -Michael Conforto. Time for him to come into his own and cut down on strikeouts.

Comment

Amed Rosario - He was a highly regarded prospect by non homer sources. Form the reports I skimmed he had an authoritative bat this spring. He will be 24. It's time to step up and be a 1-7 batter and not someone for whom you consider batting the pitcher 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
        Amed Rosario - He was a highly regarded prospect by non homer sources. Form the reports I skimmed he had an authoritative bat this spring. He will be 24. It's time to step up and be a 1-7 batter and not someone for whom you consider batting the pitcher 8th.
        Good choice. 2018 was his age 22 season though. He turned 23 at Thanksgiving so he's entering his age 23 season which shows how young he is.

Comment

Raji Davis. If we see him in the lineup for more than a few games, we know the season is in the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
            Raji Davis. If we see him in the lineup for more than a few games, we know the season is in the toilet.
            Interesting choice for a season changer.

Comment

Robinson Cano. One more MVP-level season.

Comment

Wilson Ramos. I've been watching the Mets for 10 years, and they finally got a real catcher.
                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                  Wilson Ramos. I've been watching the Mets for 10 years, and they finally got a real catcher.
                  Had to look it up for myself. But you're right. I didn't realize how brutal it's been for their catchers since LoDuca in 2007:

Brian Schneider (past-his-prime)
                  Omir Santos
                  Rod Barajas
                  Josh Thole
                  Henry Blanco
                  Mike Nikeas
                  Ronny Paulino (past-his-prime)
                  John Buck
                  Anthony Recker
                  Travis D'Arnaud
                  Kevin Plawecki
                  Rene Rivera
                  Tomas Nido
                  Devin Merasco

Comment

Originally posted by redban View Post

Had to look it up for myself. But you're right. I didn't realize how brutal it's been for their catchers since LoDuca in 2007:

Brian Schneider (past-his-prime)
                    Omir Santos
                    Rod Barajas
                    Josh Thole
                    Henry Blanco
                    Mike Nikeas
                    Ronny Paulino (past-his-prime)
                    John Buck
                    Anthony Recker
                    Travis D'Arnaud
                    Kevin Plawecki
                    Rene Rivera
                    Tomas Nido
                    Devin Merasco
                    You forgot Ramon Castro (wish I could).
                    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                      Game 1 is here. How many more to come?

Comment

Originally posted by redban View Post

Game 1 is here. How many more to come?
                        Don't know, but the 3 run home run he just hit was nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                          For non-pitcher -Michael Conforto. Time for him to come into his own and cut down on strikeouts.
                          I don't see him ever being much more than he is now. This is his 5th big league season. Feels like waiting for Duda or Ike Davis or Pelfry or d'arnaud to finally blossom. At a certain point the reality sets in and you realize this is all there is. Not to be misunderstood - I like him a lot and hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see him bloom into a star, but its not going to happen. He's still a good player though.

Noah Syndergarrd is the key in my opinion. He needs to rise to a sustained level of excellence, at least a level below deGrom, which is very, very good.

So I guess my answer for a season changer is Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyParker View Post

I don't see him ever being much more than he is now. This is his 5th big league season. Feels like waiting for Duda or Ike Davis or Pelfry or d'arnaud to finally blossom. At a certain point the reality sets in and you realize this is all there is. Not to be misunderstood - I like him a lot and hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see him bloom into a star, but its not going to happen. He's still a good player though.

Noah Syndergarrd is the key in my opinion. He needs to rise to a sustained level of excellence, at least a level below deGrom, which is very, very good.

So I guess my answer for a season changer is Thor.
                            I also would have said Conforto. I probably would have said Conforto the last 3 years. I still think its in there for Conforto. I never felt that way about Duda or Davis....not nearly. The thought never crossed my mind with either Pelfrey or TDA.

His OPS is still over .900 this year - so I am hoping he is coming into his own. He has to find a way (if possible) to be more consistent and less streaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                              I also would have said Conforto.
                              But I didn't say Conforto.

I said Noah Syndergarrd.

Last night is testament to the sagacity of my choice.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X