Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

METS Interested in Freddy Garcia, again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• METS Interested in Freddy Garcia, again!

The NY Daily News is reporting this AM that the METS are, once again, pursuing FREDDY GARCIA. Read More.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...dy_garcia.html

Can't believe that Omar really thinks that Garcia is an answer to the METS pitching problems. What do you think?

c.

i dont think garcia is the answer either , i think the only way your going to get any help with the rotation is via trade , santana , bedard, kazmir etc.
    i really hope omar doesnt sign this guy , and plus he just had surgery on his rotaters cuff and wont be avialbe till mid-season dont think it would be a very good signing at all.

Comment

IMO, the interest in Garcia is similar to interest we had in Mark Mulder last year. He would likely be signed to a 1-year or 2-year, HEAVILY incentive-laden deal as an extra starter if he even signed at all.
      "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
      -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

^Exactly. Garcia won't be intended to be the ace or #2, he'd be a 1-year, incentive laden deal. Low risk/High reward.
        "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

If they can get him cheap, I think he's definately worth the risk. Before last season, he had 6 straight years of 200+ innings.
          Originally posted by Domenic
          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

He's a solid #3 guy, much like who Glavine has become... and cheaper.
            Last edited by Ralph Zig Tyko; 11-25-2007, 12:51 PM.
            ---
            Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
            Visit my blogsigpic

Comment

worth the rish as long as we don't have to pay him much.
              Trusted Traders: Nerfan Dalkowski110

Comment

Go and sign him!
                First, he doesn´t cost any prospects (and we doesn´t have the stuff to trade for an ace. I´ve read that the Twins ask for Reyes at least in a trade. So forget Santana!). Second, he´s an inning eater AND a good one. His career-ERA is close to 4.0, he has a positive record and has 1.24 ground outs on one fly out.
                So it would be nice to see him signed to the end of 2009 with a club option or a clause in the contract like an extra year for 20 wins, an ERA under 3.50, +200 innings or s.th. like that.
                An average up to 10mils/year is ok in this time of baseball for a pitcher like him. Heck ... it´s even under average.
                sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

He's not going to be an innings eater after he had shoulder problems.
                  "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

I'm going to ask a question for all the people who just look at this post and say "oh" or "I see". Who's Freddy Garcia?

Comment

http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/garcifr03.shtml

He was traded to the Phillies last year but was out the majority of the year with shoulder problems. He may have had them at the end of 2006.

Comment

I don't really see how this improves our rotation. I understand that he's a low-risk guy (if it's the right kind of contract), but that doesn't mean he's not clogging our rotation. We need an ace, not another project...
                        ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                        ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy View Post
                          I don't really see how this improves our rotation. I understand that he's a low-risk guy (if it's the right kind of contract), but that doesn't mean he's not clogging our rotation. We need an ace, not another project...
                          Aces aren't easy to come by. Are you ready to give up at least your top 2 prospects for Santana?
                          Originally posted by Domenic
                          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                            Aces aren't easy to come by. Are you ready to give up at least your top 2 prospects for Santana?
                            9 out of 10 Met fans will say yes. We're tired of seeing bums like Brian Lawrence, Dave Williams, Jose Lima, etc get starts. We want an ace. It's the only thing this team needs to get to a WS.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                              In a second. If we can get an ace for two of our top prospects, I would do that trade in a second.
                              ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                              ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X