Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

METS Interested in Freddy Garcia, again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
    9 out of 10 Met fans will say yes. We're tired of seeing bums like Brian Lawrence, Dave Williams, Jose Lima, etc get starts. We want an ace. It's the only thing this team needs to get to a WS.
    Amen...:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
    ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
    ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy View Post
      In a second. If we can get an ace for two of our top prospects, I would do that trade in a second.
      You'd let them have choice of any two of your prospects in the deal? Music to my ears. Everyone wants these great players but no one want to give up anything. Like I said in another thread, you're going to feel really dumb in 10 years when you remember that you could have had a HOFer in Santana by including someone Mike Pelfrey.

:bowdown:
      Originally posted by Domenic
      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

9 out of 10 Met fans will say yes. We're tired of seeing bums like Brian Lawrence, Dave Williams, Jose Lima, etc get starts. We want an ace. It's the only thing this team needs to get to a WS.
        Don't know about this. In this forum, it seems like that is the case, but I havent seen the same in Mets fans everywhere. I like the direction the Mets fans in this forum want to go.

About what Matty says below, I just cant go along with trading Reyes. A good SS is a hard thing to find... trust me, my team starts Julio Lugo at that position.
        Last edited by Westlake; 11-26-2007, 01:16 AM.
        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Not to mention Jeremi Gonzalez and Chan Ho Park.

But I fear that Freddy is another Chan Ho and wouldn't give him a guarantee other than to start at New Orleans and put up some good numbers there before he gets a call up.

Count me in on the ones who would trade Reyes for Santana, providing we can sign Santana to a contract first.

2 prospects for Santana? I would give the Twinkies their choice of 3, no holds barred. If we had any real prospects, I might think differently. I like Mulvey better than Pelfrey/Humber, but he is still far from a sure thing.
          Last edited by Matty; 11-26-2007, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
            IMO, the interest in Garcia is similar to interest we had in Mark Mulder last year. He would likely be signed to a 1-year or 2-year, HEAVILY incentive-laden deal as an extra starter if he even signed at all.
            a contract laden heavily with incentives.........yes, a good signing.
            you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
            http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

The Mets should avoid Garcia. The last thing the rotation needs is another rehabilitation project. There are other options available i.e. Jason Jennings.

Comment

Originally posted by GIANT View Post
                The Mets should avoid Garcia. The last thing the rotation needs is another rehabilitation project. There are other options available i.e. Jason Jennings.
                Jennings pitched 99 innings last year, and had an ERA of 6.45. And he has only had one really good year . He's probably a bigger risk than Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                  Don't know about this. In this forum, it seems like that is the case, but I havent seen the same in Mets fans everywhere. I like the direction the Mets fans in this forum want to go.

About what Matty says below, I just cant go along with trading Reyes. A good SS is a hard thing to find... trust me, my team starts Julio Lugo at that position.
                  I'm pretty sure you'll find that is the mindset of almost all Mets fans. No one wants Jose Reyes to go and he likely won't. But no one will be angry if the Mets gave up most of their prospects for 7 years of Johan Santana.

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                  Jennings pitched 99 innings last year, and had an ERA of 6.45. And he has only had one really good year . He's probably a bigger risk than Garcia.
                  Agreed. Garcia has had many good seasons and is a better guy to take a chance on.
                  Last edited by NYMets523; 11-26-2007, 01:02 PM.
                  "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

I think we have all seen that it takes a lot of arms to get a team through the season. If you can get him for a cheapie deal, I'd say go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                      Count me in on the ones who would trade Reyes for Santana, providing we can sign Santana to a contract first.
                      count me out on that one trade away a guy who someday may possibly be one of if not the best SS to have played the game, prospects i can see reyes i cant.

Comment

The Mets aren't going to end up with Santana, that simple. At the end of the day, they don't have near enough of what it takes in terms of prospects and talent that they can deal to acquire him. It's a discussion really not even worth having at this point.

As for Garcia, if he can be had for a relatively low figure, with some incentives and options built in, he's not a bad gamble. The key to remember is that in the best case scenario, he is ready sometime in July. He can't be viewed as any sort of serious augmentation to the rotation. If he is able to contribute, great, but we can't be left in a situation where we are dependant upon Freddy Garcia to return and pitch up to his potential in order to win.

Comment

Originally posted by sds416 View Post
                          The Mets aren't going to end up with Santana, that simple.
                          You can't say that. I know you have sources but nothing is definite. The Mets could land Santana, but they will have to part with more of their young talent. The other teams are also have a factor.
                          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X