This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Unfortunately, he usually pitches well enough to win, but the team falls flat and loses. He is the best pitcher we have. I hope he makes another run for the Cy Young. It is currently between him, Scherzer and Ryu.
    What ? Jake isn’t even near the running ! Do you watch other teams play ?

I understand he has a Mets uniform on but last season ERA was drilled into our heads that it was the single most important stat on a nightly basis . Jake is 2.68 .
    His Record is 7-7 for those who believe wins matter .

The kool-aid drinking contest continues .

http://www.espn.com/mlb/features/cyyoung
    Last edited by mandrake; 08-18-2019, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, he usually pitches well enough to win, but the team falls flat and loses. He is the best pitcher we have. I hope he makes another run for the Cy Young. It is currently between him, Scherzer and Ryu.
      He’s near the top in every category. If he keeps it up he has a good chance. Hopefully 7 more starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

What ? Jake isn’t even near the running ! Do you watch other teams play ?

I understand he has a Mets uniform on but last season ERA was drilled into our heads that it was the single most important stat on a nightly basis . Jake is 2.68 .
        His Record is 7-7 for those who believe wins matter .

The kool-aid drinking contest continues .

http://www.espn.com/mlb/features/cyyoung
        No Kool-aid. I listed the top three pitchers in every significant pitching stat for the National League. I guess you don't ever look at statistics if you think that.

Comment

No Kool-aid. I listed the top three pitchers in every significant pitching stat for the National League. I guess you don't ever look at statistics if you think that.
          No , you are cherry picking what stats you like and which ones “ don’t matter “ .

He isn’t top 3 in 2019 . Here are a bunch of stats . You and LI Mets fan can pick which ones you like , and which ones are meaningless .

Anybody want to wager - sorry gambling on sports is illegal in NY .

https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...-leaders.shtml
          Last edited by mandrake; 08-18-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

No , you are cherry picking what stats you like and which ones “ don’t matter “ .

He isn’t top 3 in 2019 . Here are a bunch of stats . You and LI Mets fan can pick which ones you like , and which ones are meaningless .

Anybody want to wager some real coin on deGrom and the Cy Young ?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...-leaders.shtml
            No, you are being a curmudgeon just for the sake of being a curmudgeon on this. I made my point. You don't know how to count, I guess since you just posted the link to the league leaders and deGrom is in the top 10 in 8 of the 10 main categories used in CY Young voting for SPs. That is okay.

Comment

• Hoping Jake makes a run at the Cy Young is completely different from winning the award. Especially since it’s not awarded in mid-August. Is he making a run? Yes. Will he win? He has a chance. We’re all rooting for him.

Comment

• Ryu’s ERA is almost a full run below DeGrom’s though. And both are close in innings pitched. DeGrom doesn’t have a chance unless Ryu collapses.

Comment

• I think Ryu or Scherzer will win and deGrom will end up in the top 5 in voting.

Comment

• Rosario in left field. It worked for today.

Comment

• Mets win 11-5, Alonso hit his 40th homer of the season.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• 24-10 since All Star Break.

Comment

• 1. I'd love to see Jake win the Cy Young but back to back wins have to be rare and Ryu's pitching very well, Jake would have to be unbelievable the next couple of months or see Ryu falter entirely for him to have a realistic chance. Still, Top 5 in the voting's in reach.

2. Congrats to Alonso for collecting the NL Rookie HR Record...for as easily as HR records seem to be shattered right now, since he just passed the mark set by that ancient baseball legend Cody Bellinger.

3. Good win today, losing that series would've really stymied WC hopes...if you can't take 2 of 3 from the Royals how are you gonna get into October? Hopefully they can steal a game against the Indians and get on a roll once they head back to Citi. Those series against the Braves and Cubs will be big.
                          "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Jake is definitely an underdog to win the Cy Young this year but he has put another exceptional season together. He is a legit ace and the Mets are lucky to have him.

Decent road trip. They are still in it and I do like the amount of home games they have for the rest of their schedule. Hang in there until McNeil gets back. I think we all can agree we have a reason to watch games and for me that is what I ask for.

Comment

• On the Cy Young award -- its up for grabs at this point. I dont think anyone is walking away with it especially on 8/19.

Can Jake win it? Yes but he better close out the season in a big way.

How come nobody mentioned Kershaw? 12-2 2.63 ERA with a 158 ERA+. Right there with Jake in 2 of the 3 and burying him in the W/L category. I still think wins/losses count.

If Jake doesnt pitch well enough to win it I am hoping Kershaw does.
                              Last edited by Paulypal; 08-19-2019, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                                On the Cy Young award -- its up for grabs at this point. I dont think anyone is walking away with it especially on 8/19.

Can Jake win it? Yes but he better close out the season in a big way.

How come nobody mentioned Kershaw? 12-2 2.63 ERA with a 158 ERA+. Right there with Jake in 2 of the 3 and burying him in the W/L category. I still think wins/losses count.

If Jake doesnt pitch well enough to win it I am hoping Kershaw does.
                                The whole Cy Young conversation started with a member saying he hopes Jake makes another run for the award. So do I. Blasphemy for some I guess. But yes he would need to finish strong. Which is ideal.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X