Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if I see 2015 in this team. The 2015 team didn't fall so far back. They went into the deadline as buyers, going for Cespedes.

I see 2001 as more comparable to 2019. Both were over 10 games under .500. Both were close to last place at one point. Both were sellers at the deadline. The difference (I hope) is that the 2001 team came up short whereas the 2019 team may actually do it.

People forget the 2001 team had a big run at the end, entering a 3-game series against Atlanta with just 3 games separating them in standings. If Benitez doesn't blow some games, who knows.

I've heard that the 1973 team had a similar and more successful run. But I wasn't around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      Hopefully they can polish off the series tonight.

I said a few weeks ago this run has a 2015 feel to it. Improbability meets hot streak. That still stands. They are playing crazy good baseball right now. Getting huge hits at the right time, the bullpen has improved dramatically, and they are playing better D.

I realize everyone is ecstatic right now and we should be but my concern is that we all knew they werent 11 games under bad, and they also are not this good. I just hope that when it levels off the level of play is still good enough to get in.

Cano and Diaz getting regular playing time dragged the team down, as much as a few hot players has elevated it. I read Cano intends to be reactivated in September. I can easily imagine him as a difference maker in the wrong direction.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• The Mets announced today that they have designated infielder Ruben Tejada for assignment. He’ll make way for righty Chris Flexen, who was recalled.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...en-tejada.html
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
          The Mets announced today that they have designated infielder Ruben Tejada for assignment. He’ll make way for righty Chris Flexen, who was recalled.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...en-tejada.html
          It is funny to read all the comments in that article. Tejada did nothing when he was called up. He contributed even less than Aaron Altherr which is not an easy thing to do. Who is next to go when McNeil gets activated? Altherr or Rajai Davis?

Comment

• It completely blows that this game is resuming. Syndergaard was cruising toward a complete game. No Lugo. That means we will see Diaz.

Comment

• And it’s pouring again.

Comment

• Just end this game now, Mets win. Goodness:

A game is considered a regulation game -- also known as an "official game" -- once the visiting team has made 15 outs (five innings) and the home team is leading, or once the home team has made 15 outs regardless of score.”

“If a regulation game is terminated early due to weather, the results are considered final if the home team is leading”

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/rules/regulation-game

Comment

• Just call the damn game. It is supposed to rain for another 3 hours!

Comment

• Just call it already, I get it's an important game for two teams in the hunt, but it was a LONG delay the first time...and now it's the bottom of the 8th, close enough.
                    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• And the Indians have to travel back to Cleveland for a game tomorrow night. Mets have to get ready for Atlanta tomorrow. Neither team should be playing at 1-2 AM.

Comment

• The field is a mess and it is not supposed to stop raining until 3 AM. This is irritating! The team will be completely flat against Atlanta tomorrow!!!

Comment

• For what it's worth, lighting knocked down a tree near where I live. It's after midnight. Is there anybody left at the stadium? I hope Callaway's learned his lesson and isn't pushing to continue the game.

Too bad about Tejada. He always had good contact rates, and high line drive rates. He got on base at an above average clip. The fans turned on him in 2013. That year was an anomaly. Utley probably ruined his career. I haven't seen him since he's been back.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                            The field is a mess and it is not supposed to stop raining until 3 AM. This is irritating! The team will be completely flat against Atlanta tomorrow!!!
                            The Indians have to pack up, get on a plane and fly home to play the Royals tomorrow. At least the Mets get to stay at home.

I hope deGrom is well rested tomorrow.
                            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

The Indians have to pack up, get on a plane and fly home to play the Royals tomorrow. At least the Mets get to stay at home.

I hope deGrom is well rested tomorrow.
                              He left Citi Field during the first rain delay. He will be rested.

As for this game, maybe the head umpire has money riding on the game.

Comment

• I don't know how much can be credited to Regan, but Mets pitching across the board has improved. Everybody was mocking him for being old, but you'd hope a guy who's been in the game 60 years would have learned a few things. It seems a number of pitchers have turned their seasons around. Could be an old guy had some wisdom to share.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X