2019 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

You know maybe they win the WS. We dont know how the season ends, but I find it amazing how everything has turned on a dime.

I have WFAN on in my office just about all day. Mostly its back round noise, but sometimes something catches my attention. The hosts, and the fans that call have somehow forgot about how bad this team can be and are now banking that the real Mets have showed up.

Listening to people like Boomer, Evan, and Joe on WFAN who have very limited baseball knowledge in my opinion and they approach their fandom like a 14 year old. They only understand their fandom without a really good grasp on the game and unfortunately they actually influence much of the fan base.

I dont know maybe they are right, but I cant dismiss the first 100 games. I enjoy the winning to a certain degree - part of me dreads the fact that as of right now the GM will sell how close they are and they just need a little tweaking. So that is my hesitation to actually enjoy much of what has gone on. We have seen it before too many times to think otherwise. I try to look down the road at the same time enjoying the current winning.
    This is what I mean by your discomfort. "I enjoy the winning to a certain degree". " Part of me dreads" "my hesitation to actually enjoy". Uncomfortable.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

This is what I mean by your discomfort. "I enjoy the winning to a certain degree". " Part of me dreads" "my hesitation to actually enjoy". Uncomfortable.
      Ok I understand what you are saying.

Although just for the record I did enjoy the run. My hesitation comes from selling the fan base that they are close when indeed they are not. So if you want to call that uncomfortable - ok I will agree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Ok I understand what you are saying.

Although just for the record I did enjoy the run. My hesitation comes from selling the fan base that they are close when indeed they are not. So if you want to call that uncomfortable - ok I will agree with you.
        My main takeaway from this is, Paul, perhaps you should consider being less impetuous when posting.

No need to even qualify it, bruh.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X