Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

    Cano never hustled on batted balls. Some said the extra few points in batting average lost were balanced by how injury free he always was. This is the player he's always been. He arrived as a known quantity.
    Well, it looks like he just injured himself running fast out of the batter's box. The jogging thing isn't a big deal. Most MLB players do that to conserve energy when they know it is more likely than not that they are being thrown out. It's the not running at all thing that was an issue.

    Comment


    • In other news, it's 21 years since the Mike Piazza Trade...which makes it 21 years in this Mets mess for me...

      But for as much as following him here doomed me for life, lol, at least Mike played.

      I wonder if a 7-year old me would've stuck around if it'd been the Yoenis Cespedes trade instead, with him on the shelf for the better part of the past couple of years and nothing close to what he was in 2015 into 2016.
      "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
        In other news, it's 21 years since the Mike Piazza Trade...which makes it 21 years in this Mets mess for me...

        But for as much as following him here doomed me for life, lol, at least Mike played.

        I wonder if a 7-year old me would've stuck around if it'd been the Yoenis Cespedes trade instead, with him on the shelf for the better part of the past couple of years and nothing close to what he was in 2015 into 2016.
        I have the good fortune of following Keith Hernandez over to the Mets (I actually started following the team in the early 80s, but that was the first positive moment where everything was starting to come together). It was that crazy combination of veterans and talented youth that led to the 1986 World Series title. I believe that if that team had the WC available to them, they would have won a second one as well. If you came over to the Mets around Piazza's signing, you came at another of the handful of great times the fans of this organization experienced.

        Comment


        • This ump has, impressively enough, angered Scherzer, deGrom, and both sets of batters...great umpiring...feh.

          Gary's right on the broadcast, I've never seen deGrom this mad, and it's not entirely unwarranted, this ump's been consistently off all around.
          "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
            This ump has, impressively enough, angered Scherzer, deGrom, and both sets of batters...great umpiring...feh.

            Gary's right on the broadcast, I've never seen deGrom this mad, and it's not entirely unwarranted, this ump's been consistently off all around.
            He also came storming out there during the mound visit. Very unprofessional of the umpire. He puts Angel Hernandez to shame!

            Comment


            • Scherzer and deGrom have had to work deep into counts...but this is MUCH MORE like the type of Cy Young vs. Cy Young heavyweight fight their match-ups have tended to be--

              1-0 into the bottom of the 6th, Scherzer with 9 strikeouts, deGrom with 8, and BOTH have struck out the side TWICE.
              "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

              Comment


              • https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

                "Perhaps it is coincidence. Perhaps it is small sample size. The numbers are what they are, regardless.

                Jacob deGrom pitching to Tomas Nido: 27 IP, 0.67 ERA, 36 K, 7 BB

                deGrom pitching to any other catcher: 31 IP, 6.39 ERA, 39 K, 10 BB"


                If I'm Mickey "This Seat Feel Hot to Anyone Else?" Callaway, deGrom's pitching to Nido until further notice.
                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

                Comment


                • Nice clutch hit by Lagares!

                  Comment


                  • Rajai Davis makes a statement!
                    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                      Nice clutch hit by Lagares!
                      And now Rajai Davis! First AB and he hits a HR!

                      After that Marlins series, the Mets NEED a shot in the arm, and if they can make this stand...they're still the middling mediocre .500 Mets, but inching back to THAT after the debacle in Miami will be the first right step on a marathon trek if they're to make Mets baseball interesting past May.
                      "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

                      Comment


                      • Indeed! How about Rajai Davis with the 3 run home run in his first at bat as a NY Met? Not bad for a 38 year old replacement level player.

                        Comment


                        • Wow. Didn’t see Rajai coming.

                          Poor Sean Doolittle.....

                          Comment


                          • A GREAT WIN for the Mets...which, just like last night's is honestly just as much about the Nats' bullpen somehow being worse than the Mets'...

                            But still a great comeback by role players and STILL a great win, we'll take it!

                            Scherzer/deGrom was as advertised, the Mets come back to win 6-1...a nice few games, now let's see if (IF IF IF as always) they can keep it rolling against the Nats tomorrow and Tigers afterward.
                            "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post

                              And now Rajai Davis! First AB and he hits a HR!

                              After that Marlins series, the Mets NEED a shot in the arm, and if they can make this stand...they're still the middling mediocre .500 Mets, but inching back to THAT after the debacle in Miami will be the first right step on a marathon trek if they're to make Mets baseball interesting past May.
                              Another good win, but I dont see them being that much of a factor.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

                                I have the good fortune of following Keith Hernandez over to the Mets (I actually started following the team in the early 80s, but that was the first positive moment where everything was starting to come together). It was that crazy combination of veterans and talented youth that led to the 1986 World Series title. I believe that if that team had the WC available to them, they would have won a second one as well. If you came over to the Mets around Piazza's signing, you came at another of the handful of great times the fans of this organization experienced.
                                That was about as good a timing as you can have to start following the Mets.

                                Anyone who missed 1977-1982........well you didnt miss much. Although I have to admit I do look upon those days fondly. I think mainly because I was a kid more so than the Mets. The one thing I will say about those years. Because they were so bad when they finally were good and then won the WS in 86 you really appreciated it.

                                The best teams they had was 1985-1987. They were truly the best team in baseball in 1986.

                                I agree if they had the WC I feel they at least win 1 more WS, and if I had to pick a year I would say 1985.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X