2019 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brooklynboy View Post

Just a quick question..Is there space for Dominic on the Mets roster? Seems to me he's proving some of the hype to be right. With Peter at 1st, where does he fit in?
    Well, with all three starting outfielders on the IL, maybe they should stick him in left field. He couldn't be worse than Jeff McNeil was out there, could he?
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Just a quick question..Is there space for Dominic on the Mets roster? Seems to me he's proving some of the hype to be right. With Peter at 1st, where does he fit in?
      For all the hoopla about Dominic Smiths spring training - I still see the same guy that sucks. I dont think he fits on an MLB roster...........which does not preclude him from the Met roster of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

For all the hoopla about Dominic Smiths spring training - I still see the same guy that sucks. I dont think he fits on an MLB roster...........which does not preclude him from the Met roster of course.
        The guy I'm seeing this season has a sweet swing and works good at bats, despite hardly seeing live pitching. Perhaps if Smith wasn't blocked by Gonzales much of last season, we'd have a better idea of his ability. Then again, it's quite possible treating his sleep apnea made a big difference.

Bottom line: I like his bat. He has a nice, efficient stroke. I'd rather see him batting than most on this roster.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

The guy I'm seeing this season has a sweet swing and works good at bats, despite hardly seeing live pitching. Perhaps if Smith wasn't blocked by Gonzales much of last season, we'd have a better idea of his ability. Then again, it's quite possible treating his sleep apnea made a big difference.

Bottom line: I like his bat. He has a nice, efficient stroke. I'd rather see him batting than most on this roster.
          Couldn't agree more. Sleep apnea, for those unfamiliar with it, can have truly debilitating affects on a person - including contributing to being overweight, something Dom seems to have conquered.

Put him in the outfield to sink or swim, nows the time with everyone injured.

Also - I've been reading your posts forever, particularly the management ones. You are the saving grace of this forum, a true treasure.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltyParker View Post

Couldn't agree more. Sleep apnea, for those unfamiliar with it, can have truly debilitating affects on a person - including contributing to being overweight, something Dom seems to have conquered.

Put him in the outfield to sink or swim, nows the time with everyone injured.

Also - I've been reading your posts forever, particularly the management ones. You are the saving grace of this forum, a true treasure.
            Why, thank you!

Welcome.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

I hope I am wrong about Smith and he shows something over the long haul. I fear as an everyday player facing both righty/lefty we will get what we saw.
              Last edited by Paulypal; 05-24-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Totally agree, but I think Smith is better suited to an AL team where he can platoon 1B and DH with someone. He is being misused right now, but Alonso is too good to sit.

Comment

With 11 players on the IL, absolutely. At age 23 and left handed bat. If there's not space for him the team is a lot better than I think it is.

Comment

• Is Conforto returning tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

With 11 players on the IL, absolutely. At age 23 and left handed bat. If there's not space for him the team is a lot better than I think it is.
                      Just hope they don't turn him into another utility but let him develop at a particular position. He's not a 40 HR guy but more a consistent .280-.300 hitter.
                      North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

• Mets ink Ervin Santana to Minors deal per DiComo

Comment

• Originally posted by redban View Post
                          Is Conforto returning tonight?
                          Just read tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                            Mets ink Ervin Santana to Minors deal per DiComo
                            They also just claimed an outfielder from the Giants off waivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

They also just claimed an outfielder from the Giants off waivers.
                              To make room for new outfielder Aaron Altherr, the Mets optioned reliever Ryan O'Rourke back to Triple-A Syracuse. The team had previously designated reliever Tim Peterson for assignment to clear 40-man space. Altherr will wear number 23.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...02058851299329
                              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• The Mets have agreed to a minors pact with veteran outfielder Matt Kemp, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. Terms of the deal aren’t known. Kemp opened the season with the Reds but was released recently. Kemp got off to a brutal start in Cincinnati, slashing just .200/.210/.283 with one home run (and just a single walk) in 62 plate appearances. He’s not much of a defender at this point of his career, so he needs to hit a fair bit to be a useful roster piece.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...matt-kemp.html
                                The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X