Pete Alonso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

I'm betting on more like a dream. He's been here less than 4 months, so far so good.
    A dream if they do the right thing. I dont think Alonso is going to have a problem saying what he thinks, and if the Wilpons stay status quo - it will be a clash.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

A dream if they do the right thing. I dont think Alonso is going to have a problem saying what he thinks, and if the Wilpons stay status quo - it will be a clash.
      Well like you said, wait and see. He could be a one year wonder and saying what he thinks will be followed by a yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Well like you said, wait and see. He could be a one year wonder and saying what he thinks will be followed by a yawn.
        It could, but lets hope not.

Comment

The polar bear plunge: How the Mets landed Pete Alonso with the 64th pick in 2016
          https://sports.yahoo.com/an-inside-l...172007851.html
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Just to revisit this thread: 51 home runs and counting. A new Mets record, a new NL rookie record, and going for a new MLB rookie record. I had positive expectations, and he's exceeded them dramatically.

Going by our posts early in the season, I don't think anyone saw this coming.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
              Just to revisit this thread: 51 home runs and counting. A new Mets record, a new NL rookie record, and going for a new MLB rookie record. I had positive expectations, and he's exceeded them dramatically.

Going by our posts early in the season, I don't think anyone saw this coming.
              How could anyone see this coming? It has far exceeded anything anyone could have imagined.

One of the best thing about it is that Pete still has a lot of work to do. So there is room for improvement, I am not saying next year he hits more homers because if they change the ball he will be a 40 homer guy.

But..........he needs to get in better condition for one thing. He is 24 and should be in much better shape. This will only help him. He also needs to learn that all he has to do is put the bat on the ball - he will still get his homers, but strikeouts dont help anyone. He is going to end up with 185 strikeouts.

If Alonso keeps his focus and does all the preparation he could "that" player for the Mets.

Comment

It's hard to believe it's been over a year since Peter hit his last minor league home run. I was there for it, a walk-off. It was the last action at Cashman Field, the last time the 51s would play, and the last time the Mets would be in Las Vegas, a town that should have an MLB franchise imo.
                Put it in the books.

Comment

How could anyone see this coming? It has far exceeded anything anyone could have imagined.

One of the best thing about it is that Pete still has a lot of work to do. So there is room for improvement, I am not saying next year he hits more homers because if they change the ball he will be a 40 homer guy.

But..........he needs to get in better condition for one thing. He is 24 and should be in much better shape. This will only help him. He also needs to learn that all he has to do is put the bat on the ball - he will still get his homers, but strikeouts dont help anyone. He is going to end up with 185 strikeouts.

If Alonso keeps his focus and does all the preparation he could "that" player for the Mets.
                  "Honey, that's fun fat. Everybody has that."
                  Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Felix - "I dont have any"
                    Oscar " You dont have any fun"

Comment

As the near unanimous Rookie of the Year, it is safe to say he far exceeded our expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                        As the near unanimous Rookie of the Year, it is safe to say he far exceeded our expectations.
                        For sure. Good call taking him up right from ST last season.

Comment

Now if we can get more than one pleasant surprise every three years...
                          Sadly as I typed this that may be an exaggeration (Davis, McNeil) but before that was Conforto and whatever you make of Nimmo and before that Noah and Degrom

Comment

But..........he needs to get in better condition for one thing. He is 24 and should be in much better shape. This will only help him.
                            Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                            Jack Daniel to Pete Alonso on Twitter: "lose weight fatass"

Pete Alonso, responding to Jack Daniel on Twitter: "How does it feel watching this 'fat ass' hit 53 hrs and 120 rbi from your couch?"

https://twitter.com/JackDaniel342d/s...62263317512192
                            X
                            What's THAT guy doing?
                            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

Jack Daniel to Pete Alonso on Twitter: "lose weight fatass"

Pete Alonso, responding to Jack Daniel on Twitter: "How does it feel watching this 'fat ass' hit 53 hrs and 120 rbi from your couch?"

https://twitter.com/JackDaniel342d/s...62263317512192
                              Bad answer by Alonso.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X