Deolis Guerra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deolis Guerra

Has anyone seen him pitch? Or have any info on him? All I really know, is that he is 18 in A+ and had some decent statistics (especially for a kid his age).

Anyways, I can't find alot about him in my google searches, so I was just wondering if anyone here had something to say about him!

Thanks in advance!
    Justin Upton = $$

Deolis throws with a straight overarm delivery and has the following arsenal of pitches: fastball (low 90's though considering his age that should increase), changeup (his out pitch and his best pitch, good movement), curve (developing pitch with a bit of drop to it because of his arm angle). He has a somewhat minimal windup/delivery and good, repeatable mechanics. He was an international FA signing I believe at age 16. He has good poise for his age and while he's really difficult to project (other than as a starter of some kind...good endurance and three pitches), he has a very high ceiling.
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
      Deolis throws with a straight overarm delivery and has the following arsenal of pitches: fastball (low 90's though considering his age that should increase), changeup (his out pitch and his best pitch, good movement), curve (developing pitch with a bit of drop to it because of his arm angle). He has a somewhat minimal windup/delivery and good, repeatable mechanics. He was an international FA signing I believe at age 16. He has good poise for his age and while he's really difficult to project (other than as a starter of some kind...good endurance and three pitches), he has a very high ceiling.
      dalkowski: you sure know your rookies, minor leaguers, et al.................very impressive. you should (if you already do not) work for a major league team!
      you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
      http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

My info would be he has a funny name, but after Dalowski posted, I feel like an idiot for saying this.

Comment

"dalkowski: you sure know your rookies, minor leaguers, et al.................very impressive. you should (if you already do not) work for a major league team!"

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments. I really do. But I'm really just an amateur and 1) have a good source, 2) use this and other information for the Sim League I operates with my Dad, and 3) know my Minor Leaguers mostly in hopes of finding the next big rookie while going through boxes of baseball cards.
          "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

To follow up on Dalkowski110's comments, Guerra is at least 3 years away at this point, if he goes on schedule. He's not a fast track candidate, especially due to his age. The Mets seem in no hurry to rush him, which is fine.

Comment

"The Mets seem in no hurry to rush him, which is fine."

Considering some of their other prospects (Pelfrey, Martinez, to a certain degree Mulvey), it's truly a breath of fresh air.

Comment

Finally. They may actually be learning something for a change.
                "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X