Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete list of Mets Yearbooks

Hello everyone,

After nearly 40 years of collecting memorabilia I have decided to try to put together a complete collection of Mets Yearbooks. As a "Completist" I would like to have a list of every variation, error, etc. that is known to exist. Can anyone tell me where I can find a complete list? I know someone started one here a while back, but stopped after the first few years. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by veteranyoungdude View Post
    Hello everyone,

After nearly 40 years of collecting memorabilia I have decided to try to put together a complete collection of Mets Yearbooks. As a "Completist" I would like to have a list of every variation, error, etc. that is known to exist. Can anyone tell me where I can find a complete list? I know someone started one here a while back, but stopped after the first few years. Any help would be appreciated.
    Your first post. Welcome aboard.
    I don’t know about a complete list but I’ll do some digging and see if I find anything out.

Comment

Originally posted by veteranyoungdude View Post
      I know someone started one here a while back, but stopped after the first few years.
      You're referring to the aborted series of blogs by Milladrive, a moderator here at Baseball Fever who has, unfortunately, been inactive for quite some time. He has an extensive collection of Mets yearbooks.

Milladrive's articles about the Mets yearbooks can be found here (1962), here (1963), and here (1964). They're all very informative and well worth your time.

X
      What's THAT guy doing?
      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Your first post. Welcome aboard.
        I don’t know about a complete list but I’ll do some digging and see if I find anything out.
        Thanks for the welcome and the offer to help. Both are much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

You're referring to the aborted series of blogs by Milladrive, a moderator here at Baseball Fever who has, unfortunately, been inactive for quite some time. He has an extensive collection of Mets yearbooks.

Milladrive's articles about the Mets yearbooks can be found here (1962), here (1963), and here (1964). They're all very informative and well worth your time.
          Yes, those would be the ones. They are excellent articles.(They are how I found out about this site) It's a shame that he has been inactive, sounds like he really knows his stuff.

Comment

The collection is still current and complete. And insured.

The tally thru 2019 is 137 published editions.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
              The collection is still current and complete. And insured.

The tally thru 2019 is 137 published editions.
              Yay, milladrive's back! Hope this isn't just a pinch-hitting appearance.

X
              What's THAT guy doing?
              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

Yay, milladrive's back! Hope this isn't just a pinch-hitting appearance.
                lol, thanks, Gary. Off the bench, but I'd like to think I'll be stayin' in the game. Hey, I hope you're off the IL!

I'll have you know I also have an extensive (albeit far from complete) bobblehead collection too. No need to guess which one I prize the most.

Welp, I figure as long as this thread exists, it'd be kinda like false advertising if it just sat here without at least a list of some sort. So, without going into much detail right now, here's how many yearbook editions have been released per year.

1962: 5
                1963: 4
                1964: 5
                1965: 4
                1966: 20
                1967: 3
                1968: 2
                1969: 3
                1970: 1
                1971: 4
                1972: 2
                1973: 3
                1974: 2
                1975: 2
                1976: 2
                1977: 2
                1978: 2
                1979: 2
                1980: 1
                1981: 1
                1982: 2
                1983: 3
                1984: 3
                1985: 3
                1986: 4
                1987: 2
                1988: 4
                1989: 3
                1990: 3
                1991: 2
                1992: 2
                1993: 1
                1994: 1
                1995: 1
                1996: 1
                1997: 1
                1998: 1
                1999: 2
                2000: 2
                2001: 2
                2002: 2
                2003: 2
                2004: 1
                2005: 1
                2006: 2
                2007: 2
                2008: 2
                2009: 2
                2010: 1
                2011: 1
                2012: 1
                2013: 1
                2014: 1
                2015: 1
                2016: 1
                2017: 1
                2018: 1
                2019: 1
                Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                  I also have an extensive (albeit far from complete) bobblehead collection too. No need to guess which one I prize the most.
                  Go ahead, tell everybody... I could use the sales!

(Now that I've said that, he's probably gonna say it's the Jerry Seinfeld bobblehead they handed out in July! )

X
                  What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X