• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LI METS -- this one is for you -The Mets dont need Pujols -- they have Ike

This is quote by Mets523 in the "The Mets Need Albert Pujols" thread

The date was 1/20/2011

QUOTE=NYMets523;n2039170]

The goal is to win the World Series and you don't need Pujols to accomplish that. It would make that goal a lot easier, but it's not necessary and it's not even a guarantee. Keith Hernandez wasn't the best player in baseball when the Mets got him. Besides, the Mets already have a first baseman.[/QUOTE]

That first basemen was Ike Davis when the board discussion was getting Pujols. He wasnt kidding and you can mess with his context all you want.

Bottom line -- the Mets dont need Pujols they have Ike Davis
    Last edited by Paulypal; 09-27-2019, 08:10 AM.

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

The date was 1/20/2011

QUOTE=NYMets523

The goal is to win the World Series and you don't need Pujols to accomplish that. It would make that goal a lot easier, but it's not necessary and it's not even a guarantee. Keith Hernandez wasn't the best player in baseball when the Mets got him. Besides, the Mets already have a first baseman

That first basemen was Ike Davis when the board discussion was getting Pujols. He wasnt kidding and you can mess with his context all you want.

I remember that poster. He wasn't especially astute. Here are a couple quotes from him comparing Coupon Field to Shea Stadium:

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
    Sitting in the Promenade at Citi is like where the blue seats were at Shea.
    Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
    I don't really care what the name of the blue section was. The seats in the Promenade are better than some of the Lodge seats at all of the Mezzanine.
    Most of the attrition on this board has been less knowledgeable fans.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

The date was 1/20/2011

QUOTE=NYMets523;n2039170]

The goal is to win the World Series and you don't need Pujols to accomplish that. It would make that goal a lot easier, but it's not necessary and it's not even a guarantee. Keith Hernandez wasn't the best player in baseball when the Mets got him. Besides, the Mets already have a first baseman.

Bottom line -- the Mets dont need Pujols they have Ike Davis[/QUOTE]
      ………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Well I think (hope) the Mets have a first baseman NOW.
      He was being factual that the Mets had a first baseman, otherwise every opponent would get to first base. Was Pujols better in 2011? We all know the answer. And like he said, it would have made the goal a lot easier.

This whole Pujols thing has brought up the second worse memory of my Met fandom. Number 1 is the 1988 Mets/Dodgers playoffs and Number 2 is the 2006 Mets/Cardinals playoffs. The Cardinals won the WS that year with 83 wins, the same number the Mets have today, with 3 games to go. This still sickens me to this day. With apologies to Endy Chavez.

Comment

And fast forward 8 1/2 years Pujols and Cano would make quite the infielders today!

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Well I think (hope) the Mets have a first baseman NOW.
          He was being factual that the Mets had a first baseman, otherwise every opponent would get to first base. Was Pujols better in 2011? We all know the answer. And like he said, it would have made the goal a lot easier.

This whole Pujols thing has brought up the second worse memory of my Met fandom. Number 1 is the 1988 Mets/Dodgers playoffs and Number 2 is the 2006 Mets/Cardinals playoffs. The Cardinals won the WS that year with 83 wins, the same number the Mets have today, with 3 games to go. This still sickens me to this day. With apologies to Endy Chavez.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I sort of like our guy at first now.

Great first season. As I stated I really think there is still plenty of room for improvement and I think Alonso has his head on right and will work to be "that" guy. Seems like a great kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

I remember that poster. He wasn't especially astute. Here are a couple quotes from him comparing Coupon Field to Shea Stadium:

Most of the attrition on this board has been less knowledgeable fans.
            That is putting nicely. Another guy that would argue for the sake of arguing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X