This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

If that happens, they have Wilmer Flores mk II. They used to play Flores all over the place and make him unnecessarily look like a fool on the field just like they did to Davis last year. I was happy to see Flores was signed a multi year deal with the Giants.
    Because the Mets are who they are they dont acquire "full" baseball players. They get players that have pieces of full players.

Lagares could field but couldnt hit. Now its Marisnick.

JD Davis hit in 2019 but couldnt field a thing.

There are many examples.

So what ends up happening is they put pieces of players all over the field. That is why when you have a chance to get a complete player that is a star you really have consider it. Lindor/Betts and players like that are just so valuable. Guys that play both sides of the ball.

If Marisnick plays you have to pinch hit for him later in the game. If Marisnick is on the bench with JD Davis in left /Nimmo in Center you then have to burn a bench player (Marisnick) to play CF and move Nimmo to left in the late innings.

During the game you have to be concerned that Marisnicks at bats dont kill you and on the other hand you have to hope that Davis' glove doesnt kill you.

We can go around the field and pick apart the bad defense, but we know the names and know how bad they are/were.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

LOL - well we went from stealing the sign for a hanging slider to someone being killed robbing your house.
      lol, now that you put it that way....
      Put it in the books.

Comment

• For anyone who has ever been to a Mets game, a familiar face among the ushers passed away. RIP, Luke. You will be missed:

Luke Gasparre held a special place in our Mets family. He served as an usher for parts of six decades and was a decorated World War II veteran who wore his Purple Heart and Bronze Star on his ushers uniform. So many of our fans knew him as he always welcomed everyone with open arms and a friendly conversation. He will be missed by many and we send our heartfelt condolences to all his family and friends.
        86638850_10163212856470078_699867029712142336_o.jpg

Comment

If that happens, they have Wilmer Flores mk II. They used to play Flores all over the place and make him unnecessarily look like a fool on the field just like they did to Davis last year. I was happy to see Flores was signed a multi year deal with the Giants.
          I will always root for Wilmer.

Comment

For anyone who has ever been to a Mets game, a familiar face among the ushers passed away. RIP, Luke. You will be missed:

86638850_10163212856470078_699867029712142336_o.jpg
            Does anyone know what section he used to work? I know of a few long time familiar faces but cannot picture him. I hope he was honored during one of the hero salutes and I hope they make mention of him on OD. Funny, but he was the biggest hero in Shea or Citi for years and most never even knew!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

Does anyone know what section he used to work? I know of a few long time familiar faces but cannot picture him. I hope he was honored during one of the hero salutes and I hope they make mention of him on OD. Funny, but he was the biggest hero in Shea or Citi for years and most never even knew!!
              His obit says 310. I remember seeing him at DDay commemoration although he wasn’t at Normandy. He was fighting in Germany I think.

PS- 109 section too
              Last edited by LI METS FAN; 02-14-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Joe and Evan WFAN reporting ARod interested in buying the team. It pays to have a rich fiancé.
                He probably needs to get together with Steve Cohen or others to complete deal. Maybe just a pipe dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                  Joe and Evan WFAN reporting ARod interested in buying the team. It pays to have a rich fiancé.
                  He probably needs to get together with Steve Cohen or others to complete deal. Maybe just a pipe dream.
                  That would be a disaster. Jeter mk II.

Comment

His obit says 310. I remember seeing him at DDay commemoration although he wasn’t at Normandy. He was fighting in Germany I think.

PS- 109 section too
                    I am a 3b side guy, no sun. At least he witnessed victories in battles that counted.

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2020/02/14/alex-r...al-mets-buyer/

I love this. I do not know why though! One thing I see as ironic is that the Wilpon's will essentially be paid more to NOT show up. As the great Don King says "Only in America".

Comment

Joe and Evan WFAN reporting ARod interested in buying the team. It pays to have a rich fiancé.
                        Now how entertaining would that be? Hopefully J-Lo is more Joan Payson than Lorinda deLouret. It may give new meaning to the term "show me the Bronx".

Comment

Anybody to take these two out.

Comment

• Zack Wheeler is not going to send the Mets any Valentines Day gifts today nor is he going to receive any.

Comment

Zack Wheeler is not going to send the Mets any Valentines Day gifts today nor is he going to receive any.
                              He’s on the other side now. Let’s hope for 350 ft home runs against him in that bandbox he will be pitching in.

Comment

Anybody to take these two out.
                                The takeaway is that apparently ownership is going to change hands at some reachable point, which is more than we dared to hope for pretty recently. I can work with that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X