Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Mets Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guys, please remember to keep it baseball-related. It can't digress into a concentrated discourse about even something as important as this.
    Put it in the books.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by milladrive View Post
      Guys, please remember to keep it baseball-related. It can't digress into a concentrated discourse about even something as important as this.
      You know it won't be baseball related for a while as much as we want it to stay on the topic on the Mets. Honestly, I'm not even thinking about baseball right now. I am waiting to hear back to see if I am positive or negative. That is the new norm.

      On the Mets, there really is absolutely nothing going on.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

        You know it won't be baseball related for a while as much as we want it to stay on the topic on the Mets. Honestly, I'm not even thinking about baseball right now. I am waiting to hear back to see if I am positive or negative. That is the new norm.

        On the Mets, there really is absolutely nothing going on.
        Yeah, but this is BBF, JJ, and it really has to stay true to its mantra of baseball-only chat. It simply can't be about anything else. Privately, have at it, but on the board it has to maintain a tie to the game. If nothing's going on with the Mets or baseball worth posting, my good friend, it'll have to be a quiet board until there is.

        It's a judgement call as to how far it can digress, and I'm doin' the best I can lately.
        Put it in the books.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

          My new prediction is that the All Star Game is the way the season kicks off in July, and they play the 2nd half of the season. 70-80 game season.
          Looks that way Pauly. They can't go much past July 1 and have a realistic season.
          North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

          Comment


          • Veteran right-hander Edwin Jackson received minor league offers from two teams before electing to reunite with one of his many previous teams – the Diamondbacks – back in February, Zach Buchanan of The Athletic reports. The Mets were the other club in on Jackson, according to Buchanan.

            https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...n-jackson.html

            I had mentioned Edwin Jackson as a potentially useful starter for the Mets back in 2019, actually three times in the 2019 season thread:

            Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

            The Mets could have easily gone out and traded for Edwin Jackson like Toronto did. They picked him up for cash considerations.

            I'd like for someone to tell me Edwin Jackson would not be a good fit on this team over Wilmer Font or Drew Gagnon or Tyler Bashlor, whose names were sound like they were generated by a random name generator.

            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
              Veteran right-hander Edwin Jackson received minor league offers from two teams before electing to reunite with one of his many previous teams – the Diamondbacks – back in February, Zach Buchanan of The Athletic reports. The Mets were the other club in on Jackson, according to Buchanan.

              https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...n-jackson.html

              I had mentioned Edwin Jackson as a potentially useful starter for the Mets back in 2019, actually three times in the 2019 season thread:
              In one spring training start, he gave up 9 runs in 5 innings and was semi-useful in 2018. I can see him being a back of the rotation/mop up guy.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

                My new prediction is that the All Star Game is the way the season kicks off in July, and they play the 2nd half of the season. 70-80 game season.
                I've heard a bunch of people suggest that, I hope they do it, looks like things are starting to get really bad in NY and LA's probably a few days to a week behind.

                And now Noah needs TJS.

                Which is impossibly insignificant next to everything else that's happening in the world (a couple friends of mine in Paris and Hamburg couldn't even get flour for days, and some Russian clients I teach say people in Moscow are buying a ton of buckwheat, of all things, it's crazy everywhere) but still--even with baseball shut down for a pandemic the Mets' injury bug knows no bounds. Only the Mets.
                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post

                  I've heard a bunch of people suggest that, I hope they do it, looks like things are starting to get really bad in NY and LA's probably a few days to a week behind.

                  And now Noah needs TJS.

                  Which is impossibly insignificant next to everything else that's happening in the world (a couple friends of mine in Paris and Hamburg couldn't even get flour for days, and some Russian clients I teach say people in Moscow are buying a ton of buckwheat, of all things, it's crazy everywhere) but still--even with baseball shut down for a pandemic the Mets' injury bug knows no bounds. Only the Mets.
                  Well in 2019 they had no injuries. That could not continue. Besides Nimmo they had not significant injuries and none to the pitching staff. That is unheard of. A huge part of their 86 wins was because of health.

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X