2019-2020 Mets Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
    You would rather have Blackmon than Betts???
    I'd rather not give up 2 core players for Betts. Syndergaard for Betts is a move I make. Why move 2 big pieces under team control for a corner outfielder who walks at the end of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

As of this post, there are 134 days, 8 hours, 56 minutes and 22 seconds until pitchers and catchers:

http://www.springtrainingcountdown.com/#sthash.0vlH3Bd0.dpbs

Ahh, yes, very good! Thank you, sir. Consider it bookmarked.

I like the disclaimer at the bottom. "This website is not endorsed by, nor affiliated with, Major League Baseball. It’s just fans helping each other cope."
      Put it in the books.

Comment

I'd rather not give up 2 core players for Betts. Syndergaard for Betts is a move I make. Why move 2 big pieces under team control for a corner outfielder who walks at the end of the season?
        I am saying if they trade for Betts they sign him or they wouldnt trade for him. He isnt a rental. I wouldnt trade even just Noah for Betts if they werent going to sign Betts.

Betts is the much better player, and can still play CF. He doesnt because that is all Bradley can play.....Betts can play anywhere and is still a great CF'er. Blackmon is no longer a CF'er, and is 33 years old.

Betts is going to cost $300MM over 10 years at least. Therefore it wont happen. 27 years old in a week. Would love to have him playing CF for the Mets.

Blackmon has become a defensive liability. They already have too many of those.
        Last edited by Paulypal; 09-30-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I was saying this earlier today at work. No games today. Sucks.

I am looking forward to the playoffs. I watch regardless of who is playing, and do root for the Yanks to do well so baseball is not over for me.

With that said - baseball is coming to an end quickly, and then the winter. Really sucks.
          Yeah, I agree. The day after the World Series is probably my least favorite day of the year. Today, way more often than not, runs a close second.
          Put it in the books.

Comment

As of this post, there are 134 days, 8 hours, 56 minutes and 22 seconds until pitchers and catchers:

http://www.springtrainingcountdown.com/#sthash.0vlH3Bd0.dpbs

Thanks for the site JJ -- I am going to order a mug for my desk.

Comment

He doesnt because that is all Bradley can play.
              No, Betts doesn't play CF when Bradley is playing because Bradley is the better CFer. Of course Bradley can play RF, he's played 64 games in RF in the major leagues.

Comment

Out in Cali , Bruce Bochy retired with his 3 WS trophies . Clayton Kershaw was on the mound and fans had hoped Madison Bumgarner would oppose him . Instead , Bumgarner was sent up as a pinch hitter ; he was 5 for 23 with 2 hrs against Kershaw . The Giants fans gave Madbum a standing ovation - he then lined out . Kershaw tipped his hat to the Giants dugout . Kershaw has said he expects Bumgarner to sign elsewhere ; was he hinting the Dodgers ?

Should the Mets go after Bumgarner if Wheeler walks ? They were actually rated as the top 2 pitchers in the Giants system at one time before the trade . The Giants won 3 WS in 5 years but do they regret not keeping Wheeler ?

Does Syndergaard go to SF if Bumgarner does walk ? Do the Dodgers or Yankees or Angels sign Wheeler and Bumgarner ? A team with cash could quickly improve their rotation .

MLB attendance may have dropped from 79 million in 2007 to 68 million in 2019 , but thanks to TV money there are teams flush with cash .

I believe that unless the Dodgers or Yankees win it all , they will spend $$$$ to try again .
                Last edited by mandrake; 09-30-2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Yeah, I agree. The day after the World Series is probably my least favorite day of the year. Today, way more often than not, runs a close second.
                  Well being a Met fan I get it. Usually we are packing up our lockers at this point.

Comment

Thanks for the site JJ -- I am going to order a mug for my desk.
                    I have a Winter Bad Baseball Good mug!

Comment

JJ despite whatever you read lately since 2014 Betts has the superior UZR rating as an all around OF'er over Bradley Jr which includes CF. 73.2 to 36.0

Betts is a superior RF'er over JBJ so it makes much more sense to slide him over. JBJ is a good CF so its an easy decision.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Comment

Originally posted by SavoyBG View Post

No, Betts doesn't play CF when Bradley is playing because Bradley is the better CFer. Of course Bradley can play RF, he's played 64 games in RF in the major leagues.
                        giphy.gif

Comment

I have to admit, these guys are blunt regarding the whole why Callaway stays thing:

https://www.12up.com/posts/mets-will...9qs5KwFZXPhRT8

Comment

I have to admit, these guys are blunt regarding the whole why Callaway stays thing:

https://www.12up.com/posts/mets-will...9qs5KwFZXPhRT8
                            Great - keep the guy because he is lap dog. Pay no attention to getting an actual manager.

Lets hope common sense prevails...……….oh wait this is the Wilpon owned Mets. Doomed.

Comment

I heard today that Maddon is very likely to end up in Anaheim with Ausmus gone.

I also heard that David Ross is going to be strongly considered for the Cub job.

Comment

I heard today that Maddon is very likely to end up in Anaheim with Ausmus gone.

I also heard that David Ross is going to be strongly considered for the Cub job.
                                I am surprised the Cubs aren't interested in Girardi. He's a local.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X