2019-2020 Mets Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

I am surprised the Cubs aren't interested in Girardi. He's a local.
    I am sure he gets an interview. David Ross is the new name out there

Comment

Nats offered Rendon 7 years $210-$215MM

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
        Nats offered Rendon 7 years $210-$215MM
        I know several members didn't think he'd be offered that much. I suspected his offer would have a 2 in front of it, if not closer to 3 but with a longer contract.

Comment

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-no...ment/310967414

Maybe if he pitched better instead of worrying about firing back at idiotic comments with his own stupidity then they wouldnt be a fringe playoff team. Maybe they would be an actual playoff team.

Work on shutting your mouth and lowering your 4.38 ERA.

Comment

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-no...ment/310967414

Maybe if he pitched better instead of worrying about firing back at idiotic comments with his own stupidity then they wouldnt be a fringe playoff team. Maybe they would be an actual playoff team.

Work on shutting your mouth and lowering your 4.38 ERA.
            That was my favorite tweet of his, better than his initial response after the Mets swept the Indians.
            To each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

That was my favorite tweet of his, better than his initial response after the Mets swept the Indians.
              To each his own.
              The tweet is great --- the ERA sucks. His job is his ERA not tweeting.

Unfortunately he was better at tweeting than he was at his job in 2019.

Comment

What is the least surprising sports story of the day? That Pete Alonso was named NL Rookie of the month of September.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

I know several members didn't think he'd be offered that much. I suspected his offer would have a 2 in front of it, if not closer to 3 but with a longer contract.
                  What would you offer the boy??
                  North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

The tweet is great --- the ERA sucks. His job is his ERA not tweeting.

Unfortunately he was better at tweeting than he was at his job in 2019.
                    Syndergaard was a top 20 pitcher this past season, according to Fangraphs.

Fred and Jeff are pretty good at anti-player propaganda, though.

This last comment could have come right out of Jeffy's mouth.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

Syndergaard was a top 20 pitcher this past season, according to Fangraphs.

Fred and Jeff are pretty good at anti-player propaganda, though.

This last comment could have come right out of Jeffy's mouth.
                      Well luckily I dont fall into the propaganda trap that the Wilpons spew.

Unluckily Noah was not a good pitcher in 2019. For the 37th time - I have wanted the Mets to test the waters on the Noah market for years. I can formulate my own opinion. His whining about his catcher had nothing to do with any of it.

I dont fall for all the excuses either - he wasnt good.....like the catcher and his framing. Absurd. You have all the excuses down to a science like Fred/Jeff make for not winning - I dont buy them.

Obviously there is a large disparity between his ERA and his WAR. I guess we can spin it how we like. 17th in WAR -- 44th in ERA.

Maybe you like all the stupidity he gets involved. I dont. Especially when his on field performance has left a lot to be desired.

How about taking Fred/Jeff out of the equation for 30 seconds and tell me Noah was good in 2019. We all know the story about Fred and Jeff but they are not the excuse for Noah being underwhelming in 2019.

I want you to tell me Noah was good in 2019 with his ERA+ of 95...............below average.
                      Last edited by Paulypal; 10-01-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynboy View Post

What would you offer the boy??
                        Arenado money, which is $35mil per year starting in 2020 thru 2024. Arenado's contract drops off for his last 2 years. Rendon is 10 months older than Arenado. I'd guess Rendon gets between 30-35mil per year easy.

Comment

Well luckily I dont fall into the propaganda trap that the Wilpons spew.

Unluckily Noah was not a good pitcher in 2019. For the 37th time - I have wanted the Mets to test the waters on the Noah market for years. I can formulate my own opinion. His whining about his catcher had nothing to do with any of it.

I dont fall for all the excuses either - he wasnt good.....like the catcher and his framing. Absurd. You have all the excuses down to a science like Fred/Jeff make for not winning - I dont buy them.

Obviously there is a large disparity between his ERA and his WAR. I guess we can spin it how we like. 17th in WAR -- 44th in ERA.

Maybe you like all the stupidity he gets involved. I dont. Especially when his on field performance has left a lot to be desired.

How about taking Fred/Jeff out of the equation for 30 seconds and tell me Noah was good in 2019. We all know the story about Fred and Jeff but they are not the excuse for Noah being underwhelming in 2019.

I want you to tell me Noah was good in 2019 with his ERA+ of 95...............below average.
                          He had an FIP of 3.6, to go with an ERA of 4.28. He struck out 202 against 50 walks in 197.2 innings.

He was very good. Mets team defense was very bad:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...2019&team=0,ts

FIP is a predictive stat. It measures a pitcher's effectiveness while taking fielding out of the equation. Wheeler's ERA was also substantially higher than his FIP. I mentioned defense as one of the major areas the team needs to address this off-season.

FIP and xFIP are big factors in Fangraphs' WAR calculation. Noah's peripherals were excellent. A bit down from his usual spectacularness, but still top-of-the-rotation level. fWAR was 18th among MLB pitchers.

Venting anger over Noah's tweets is absurd. It suggests you're on board with the petty, mean spirited, Wilpon agenda, in which they choose a whipping boy, slam him through surrogates, and exile him. They usually get a garbage return, or no return at all. I'm thinking of much of the 1986 team, Daniel Murphy, Justin Turner and many more; we've seen it before. It usually ends badly for the team.

Noah's one of the most talented pitchers in MLB. I couldn't care less what his hobbies are. I ignore everybody's tweets, from the POTUS down. Noah's are harmless. After 30 years of Fred and Jeff slamming players in the press, every Met fan should know enough to set their compass in the opposite direction.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Mets starters led MLB in IP and were the 3rd best staff in MLB overall behind the Dodgers and Nationals.

The Fangraphs overall ranking of MLB pitchers this season have deGrom at #2 (Cole at #1), Wheeler at 15 and Syndergaard at 18. Matz was at 96.

Syndergaard has a down year, but it was not a bad year. Wheeler is going to get a big payday somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                              He had an FIP of 3.6, to go with an ERA of 4.28. He struck out 202 against 50 walks in 197.2 innings.

He was very good. Mets team defense was very bad:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...2019&team=0,ts

FIP is a predictive stat. It measures a pitcher's effectiveness while taking fielding out of the equation. Wheeler's ERA was also substantially higher than his FIP. I mentioned defense as one of the major areas the team needs to address this off-season.

FIP and xFIP are big factors in Fangraphs' WAR calculation. Noah's peripherals were excellent. A bit down from his usual spectacularness, but still top-of-the-rotation level. fWAR was 18th among MLB pitchers.

Venting anger over Noah's tweets is absurd. It suggests you're on board with the petty, mean spirited, Wilpon agenda, in which they choose a whipping boy, slam him through surrogates, and exile him. They usually get a garbage return, or no return at all. I'm thinking of much of the 1986 team, Daniel Murphy, Justin Turner and many more; we've seen it before. It usually ends badly for the team.

Noah's one of the most talented pitchers in MLB. I couldn't care less what his hobbies are. I ignore everybody's tweets, from the POTUS down. Noah's are harmless. After 30 years of Fred and Jeff slamming players in the press, every Met fan should know enough to set their compass in the opposite direction.
                              First of all I dont get angry about anything regarding the Mets or this forum.

It is an observation.

The defense sucks this is not news. I have been saying it for years. With that said Noah was not good in 2019.

You of all people should know the disdain I have for these morons. The difference between you and I is I make a distinction where I feel it is not applicable. You saying that I am falling for the Wilpon b.s. is about as absurd statement that you have ever posted.

Noah Tweets about how Cleveland didnt make the playoffs because someone said the Mets are a fringe playoff team. Childish. Does it make me angry? Uhhhh no. It makes me wish he was more of an adult and focused on his job. Instead of going nah nah nah nah nah.

I do find it fascinating that deGrom's FIP was 2.67 which is higher than his ERA while pitching in front of the same defense. I guess the defense was just worse on Noah's day. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                                Mets starters led MLB in IP and were the 3rd best staff in MLB overall behind the Dodgers and Nationals.

The Fangraphs overall ranking of MLB pitchers this season have deGrom at #2 (Cole at #1), Wheeler at 15 and Syndergaard at 18. Matz was at 96.

Syndergaard has a down year, but it was not a bad year. Wheeler is going to get a big payday somewhere.
                                Hopefully in Queens. The team is starting to have offensively talented players, finally. It would be a shame to be that team that loses every game 8-6. And that is with the understanding that the bullpen is the biggest problem.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X