This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

So you would trade for Betts for one year?
    Nope, only way they trade for him is if they are willing to pay the man. That will be the tricky part but a lot of wasted money coming off the payroll in 2021.

Comment

His arbitration number will be high so it won’t happen. But losing Conforto and Noah in two years anyway I’d do it. Switching out two players who are gone in two years for Betts for one.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

His arbitration number will be high so it won’t happen. But losing Conforto and Noah in two years anyway I’d do it. Switching out two players who are gone in two years for Betts for one.
        What would be the point of having Betts for next season with the bullpen the way it is AND only having maybe one reliable starting pitcher behind deGrom? The team will lose 100 games with that setup.

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

For one year? Sounds like a lot. The Mets players have two years left. Conforto and whoever Bloom wants in the minors. That would be a splash.
        There's no one left in the minors to shop to someone. I don't think the Mets have anyone on the list of top 100 prospects going into next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

What would be the point of having Betts for next season with the bullpen the way it is AND only having maybe one reliable starting pitcher behind deGrom? The team will lose 100 games with that setup.

There's no one left in the minors to shop to someone. I don't think the Mets have anyone on the list of top 100 prospects going into next season.
          The mlb story of the day on rookies for each team had a Pitcher named Paterson or Peterson. I deleted story. But yes Noah needs to stay. Conforto and a prospect for Betts is right up Blooms area of interest. Would relieve Sox of one high salary. Mets would make a splash and more casual fans would come to see Betts than Conforto could ever hope for.

Comment

Betts ??? Who the hell wants Betts since we have Cespedes !!!! Come on , man .

And why is everyone so concerned about the outfield when the past 5 seasons we have been told by Gary The Shill Cohen that Lagares was the greatest center fielder EVER.

Has the Shill ever retracted that idiotic statement ?

How about the folks demanding Cespedes be given that contract ? Every season people in here predict that he will be back : First spring training , then by the all star break . And as for 2020 , the GM says he has no idea if Cespedes will play ????

Comment

The mlb story of the day on rookies for each team had a Pitcher named Paterson or Peterson. I deleted story. But yes Noah needs to stay. Conforto and a prospect for Betts is right up Blooms area of interest. Would relieve Sox of one high salary. Mets would make a splash and more casual fans would come to see Betts than Conforto could ever hope for.
              Not if the team is buried in the basement by the All-Star break again.

Comment

Not if the team is buried in the basement by the All-Star break again.
                deGrom, Noah, Stroman, Alonso, Cespedes (fingers crossed), Betts, McNeil (if not traded).
                The old saying that bullpens change every year, I don’t believe they’ll be buried in the basement. But Nats started out 19-31 which we’ve all heard ad nauseum.

PS- they’ll be buried in the basement with Conforto if the bullpen stinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

Betts ??? Who the hell wants Betts since we have Cespedes !!!! Come on , man .

And why is everyone so concerned about the outfield when the past 5 seasons we have been told by Gary The Shill Cohen that Lagares was the greatest center fielder EVER.

Has the Shill ever retracted that idiotic statement ?

How about the folks demanding Cespedes be given that contract ? Every season people in here predict that he will be back : First spring training , then by the all star break . And as for 2020 , the GM says he has no idea if Cespedes will play ????
                  FYI -- Juan Lagares is no longer a member of the New York Metropolitan's organization.

Comment

I dont make that move...ever. Not for one year.

Which mean Slick is on it and it probably will happen.

Comment

deGrom, Noah, Stroman, Alonso, Cespedes (fingers crossed), Betts, McNeil (if not traded).
                      The old saying that bullpens change every year, I don’t believe they’ll be buried in the basement. But Nats started out 19-31 which we’ve all heard ad nauseum.

My fingers are also crossed for Cespedes but for different reasons. I hope never to see him on the field again in a Mets uniform.

Comment

Syndergaard would be on the Red Sox. They do not trade Betts for Conforto and a minor leaguer. That is not the style of a big market team like the Red Sox.

Comment

Syndergaard would be on the Red Sox. They do not trade Betts for Conforto and a minor leaguer. That is not the style of a big market team like the Red Sox.
                          There is a reason they hired Bloom though. And the Boston press is all over that its because he is expected to slash payroll. Rangers are interested ( I don't know why) in taking Price, Eovaldi or Sale off their hands. Add Betts and that's a big payroll relief.

Comment

My fingers are also crossed for Cespedes but for different reasons. I hope never to see him on the field again in a Mets uniform.
                            Because you aren't interested in a 30 HR, 100 RBI .280 batter? Okay...….

Comment

With all that money he's absolutely guaranteed, why not hope for him to return and hit .800? You'd rather just give him the money and wash your hands?
                              Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post

With all that money he's absolutely guaranteed, why not hope for him to return and hit .800? You'd rather just give him the money and wash your hands?
                                To each his own but with one year left I'd love to see him return and do well as a Met player. Really well. On the Mets.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X