Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Mets Offseason Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

    Can you imagine in November not knowing what is going to happen in March? How dare he.
    Can you imagine not knowing a damn thing about the $120MM dollar investment the Mets made? Damn right how dare he.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

      Brandon Nimmo didn't want to play for 90 games this season due to injury and you still want him back in 2020? Personally he doesn't have what I want in a ballplayer which is to never get injured.
      Yeah because thats similar

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

        When a player is under contract in 2020 I must admit you are the only person I've ever heard of that wants that player to fail. And not play. And get paid not to try to play. Make no attempt. None.

        Remind me of the last time the Mets "moved on" from an existing contract.

        I dont want Cespedes to fail. That would insinuate that I want him to play and not play well. Nothing can be more inaccurate.

        I dont want him on the roster to begin with. Therefore he can not fail in a Met uniform.


        If you think I am the only one that doesnt want Cespedes back -- you should probably think about that. I cant believe that anybody would want him back.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

          I completely get where Pauly is coming from and am surprised no one here seems to. How many years in a row did we hear "David Wright is our third baseman" and see the Wilpons use his contract as justification to not sign anyone to fill his slot? Cespeses hasn't played a full season in 3 years! Time to move on from him and not "hope" he returns, because if he doesn't, the team is going to use him as an excuse as to why there is not a center fielder on this team YET AGAIN and if he does come back, he will be 3 years older and out of baseball shape and more suited to the role of a DH who will hit in the low to mid .200s and give a team 25-30 home runs.
          Are you thinking the team will get a CF'er in 2020 if they doubt Cespedes will play? I don't. Because in 2019 the CF position got 15 HR's and 68 RBI and batted UNDER .200.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

            Can you imagine not knowing a damn thing about the $120MM dollar investment the Mets made? Damn right how dare he.
            No I can't because they do know. They have 30mil reasons via the wording in the insurance contract. 25 years in the insurance industry has taught me what an employer can and can't say on the record about an insured player.
            Last edited by LI METS FAN; 11-08-2019, 02:01 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

              Are you thinking the team will get a CF'er in 2020 if they doubt Cespedes will play? I don't. Because in 2019 the CF position got 15 HR's and 68 RBI and batted UNDER .200.
              Are you thinking a 32 year old man who hasn't played in 3 years and is coming off double heal surgery AND a broken ankle that was an even worse injury than what Lagares suffered is going to come back and give the team more than 15 HR's, 68 RBIs and a BA UNDER .200?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

                Are you thinking the team will get a CF'er in 2020 if they doubt Cespedes will play? I don't. Because in 2019 the CF position got 15 HR's and 68 RBI and batted UNDER .200.
                Neither do I.

                That is because the organization doesnt care one iota about winning or putting a legit product on the field.

                They knew Cespedes was a goner last year (and the year before, and the year before that) and their answer was Keon Broxton, Travis Taijeron, Nori Aoki, Austin Jackson, Jose Bautista, Den Dekker, Kevin Kacsmarksi, Carlos Gomez, Rajai Davis, and Aaron Altherr. Disgusting.


                Eventually they will spin it that Cespedes is coming back and that will be their off season acquisition. Some of the fan base will buy it and then start praying and hoping.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

                  I dont want Cespedes to fail. That would insinuate that I want him to play and not play well. Nothing can be more inaccurate.

                  I dont want him on the roster to begin with. Therefore he can not fail in a Met uniform.


                  If you think I am the only one that doesnt want Cespedes back -- you should probably think about that. I cant believe that anybody would want him back.
                  I can't believe anybody wouldn't want him back. But you know the Mets will rush right out and get a great player to replace him and I don't believe that for a second.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

                    Are you thinking a 32 year old man who hasn't played in 3 years and is coming off double heal surgery AND a broken ankle that was an even worse injury than what Lagares suffered is going to come back and give the team more than 15 HR's, 68 RBIs and a BA UNDER .200?
                    I have no idea. I do know they are not going to replace him. Expect Rajai Davis or someone similar to be back.

                    *****By the way, he's 34

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

                      I have no idea. I do know they are not going to replace him. Expect Rajai Davis or someone similar to be back.

                      *****By the way, he's 34
                      The will resign Wilmer and he will be the savior and play CF.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

                        Neither do I.

                        That is because the organization doesnt care one iota about winning or putting a legit product on the field.

                        They knew Cespedes was a goner last year (and the year before, and the year before that) and their answer was Keon Broxton, Travis Taijeron, Nori Aoki, Austin Jackson, Jose Bautista, Den Dekker, Kevin Kacsmarksi, Carlos Gomez, Rajai Davis, and Aaron Altherr. Disgusting.


                        Eventually they will spin it that Cespedes is coming back and that will be their off season acquisition. Some of the fan base will buy it and then start praying and hoping.
                        I'm sure you're right.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

                          The will resign Wilmer and he will be the savior and play CF.
                          I love it. Great idea.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

                            I can't believe anybody wouldn't want him back. But you know the Mets will rush right out and get a great player to replace him and I don't believe that for a second.
                            Well that is it in a nutshell. We have to hope a broken down player that hasnt played in 3 years and doesnt seem inclined to want to will come back and save the day. I guess when the wont sign anyone who is a really good player we are left to hope that Cespedes is the answer.

                            Dumpster diving at its highest level.


                            This opens the door for Matt Kemp.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

                              Well that is it in a nutshell. We have to hope a broken down player that hasnt played in 3 years and doesnt seem inclined to want to will come back and save the day. I guess when the wont sign anyone who is a really good player we are left to hope that Cespedes is the answer.

                              Dumpster diving at its highest level.


                              This opens the door for Matt Kemp.
                              lol... indeed.
                              Put it in the books.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

                                Well that is it in a nutshell. We have to hope a broken down player that hasnt played in 3 years and doesnt seem inclined to want to will come back and save the day. I guess when the wont sign anyone who is a really good player we are left to hope that Cespedes is the answer.

                                Dumpster diving at its highest level.


                                This opens the door for Matt Kemp.
                                I still think back about 7 years ago when the Cubs leaked reasons why they passed up on giving him a contract when he first came from Cuba .

                                1. They believed stories where Cuban players were using PEDs amid non existing testing .
                                2. Cespedes could be 3 years older than he was claiming in 2012 . There was a story that he fathered a child when he was 16 but when fact checkers looked at the story , he suddenly became 13 as a dad ( dates and places quickly changed ) . The math didn’t add up .

                                Maybe he is 34 or maybe he is 37 . What other MLB team would take him off the Mets hands ? Red Sox ? A’s ? Tigers ? Seriously - who would take him and his 2020 salary ?

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X