This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

You will get nowhere being positive around here. How many years of this Milladrive.
    Talking about Cespedes -- show me the positive.

You want to talk about the Mets having a decent young group with Alonso/McNeil/Conforto/Nimmo.....Ok I can buy that.

Do you really want Cespedes around these kids?

Comment

• If you want to be positive and excited about someone coming back to full strength --- try getting excited about Brandon Nimmo coming back.

Age 27 season. Always a great OBP and a clue about the strike zone. Lets get him on base in front of Alonso/Conforto/McNeil.

I really like players that have a clue about where they are as far as strike zone awareness. His 2019 season was derailed, but his 2018 season was excellent. .404 OBP with a 148 OPS+.

So I will be positive about Nimmo coming back at age 27 who is also a good team player and a good kid. Not a 34 (?) year old broken down probably coming down from years of PED use who is a malcontent.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post

That's an offer I'd make. Someone's gonna snap him up. (Umm...maybe not the Dbacks tho.)
        Who plays CF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
          If you want to be positive and excited about someone coming back to full strength --- try getting excited about Brandon Nimmo coming back.

Age 27 season. Always a great OBP and a clue about the strike zone. Lets get him on base in front of Alonso/Conforto/McNeil.

I really like players that have a clue about where they are as far as strike zone awareness. His 2019 season was derailed, but his 2018 season was excellent. .404 OBP with a 148 OPS+.

So I will be positive about Nimmo coming back at age 27 who is also a good team player and a good kid. Not a 34 (?) year old broken down probably coming down from years of PED use who is a malcontent.
          Nimmo is a nice little player, a strikeout machine, a good backup player. I don't have any opinion on if he's a PED user or a malcontent. I know you've said you wouldn't be surprised if any/every player is on PED's and you don't care if they are so I guess you assume Nimmo is on PED's. As you said about Cespedes would you also agree that Nimmo is "probably coming down from years of PED use" without any knowledge or proof?

Comment

Who says the Wilpon's are cheap? They paid a lot for that production!

At the time of the signing, they needed to sign him. They needed to show a doubting fan base they cared. Well guess what, the doubters continued to doubt and they sustained even more injuries and could not complete. The only positive was the team did not quit and only lost 90 games instead of the 100 they should have. The team not quitting was a credit to Terry Collins. Not sure if compliments are allowed or welcomed here but he should be commended for that at least.
            The reason the fan base was doubting was because they kicked Murphy out the door, and spent $7M on de Aza to be Cespedes' replacement. They didn't sign a single player to improve the team. On the contrary, Fred was cutting payroll some more. At that point, it looked like the Nationals were going to sign the WS Mets' #3 and #4 hitters. National press began talking about forcing Fred to sell the team, if he couldn't sustain it. At that point Fred caved and signed Cespedes.

You seem to consider Fred an innocent bystander in this process.

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

You will get nowhere being positive around here. How many years of this Milladrive.
            Fred's spent 30+ years creating negative expectations. It's natural for fans to harbor them. You're blaming the wrong people.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Nimmo is a nice little player, a strikeout machine, a good backup player. I don't have any opinion on if he's a PED user or a malcontent. I know you've said you wouldn't be surprised if any/every player is on PED's and you don't care if they are so I guess you assume Nimmo is on PED's. As you said about Cespedes would you also agree that Nimmo is "probably coming down from years of PED use" without any knowledge or proof?
              It pays to really think about things before you post.

Cespedes was a Cuban player with very little (if any) restrictions on PED use in his home country. Do you remember his "tryout video" before he got here? Steroids were part of the plan - if I had to guess. No I don't care about anyone taking steroids, but if they come off them and/or are becoming injury prone with/without them (as is Cespedes) then it becomes an issue.

Wouldn't you say?

I find it awesome that you man crush on Cespedes because you saw him at the HR Derby at Citi. I was there also and although I enjoyed it I wasnt about to buy him flowers for his efforts. To each his own. Who am I to judge? My opinion is that it is time to put Cespedes in the rear view mirror. It is fine that you want him back - that is your opinion, but it is not mine.

Nimmo is a backup player? I guess his 2018 season didn't impress you but somehow every third post (specifically designed to antagonize) was about how the sub standard Amed Rosario was developing. LMAO -- can you be more obvious? Who needs a 400+ OBP player when we have Rosario getting on base at a .305 clip. Nice little player...………..good f'n grief.

Nimmo a strikeout machine? His 162 game average is 152. Rosario's is 133. I will take 19 more K's for 82 more points in OBP and 34 more OPS points. Just saying.

Nimmo on PED's? Never thought about and really don't care one way or the other.

Your attempts are so transparent - although I implore you to keep it coming. It is liking shooting fish in a barrel. You should get Mets523 back and then come after me......you wont win then either, but at least I have to use more bullets into the barrel.
              Last edited by Paulypal; 11-09-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I can understand becoming jaded and cynical to a degree with this organization. It gets frustrating remaining loyal to a brand that persists on whistling past the graveyard year in and year out.

What I can't understand (nor ever will) is having a set of givens yet refusing to work the equation to its best possible result.
                Put it in the books.

Comment

Hoping Cespedes does well is a fools gold and it does cost something.

It will allow the organization to get away with not addressing what we all already know. Which is Cespedes doesn't play or plays just hardly enough to have an impact.

All of it adds up to the Mets doing nothing to address the hole in CF because of counting on a dream...or nightmare. THAT is what is costs.

By the way -- Lets say Cespedes comes back --- who plays CF? Conforto isn't a CF'er…………..Nimmo isn't a CF'er and Cespdes damn sure isn't a CF'er.
                  I hear Juan Lagares is available.
                  Put it in the books.

Comment

Who plays CF?
                    Well, okay then, how about...

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                    If you want to be positive and excited about someone coming back to full strength --- try getting excited about Brandon Nimmo coming back.

Put it in the books.

Comment

I hear Juan Lagares is available.
                      Lagares is available and I wouldn't be shocked if they invite him to ST.

I also wouldnt be shocked if Jackie Bradley Jr is a Met next year.

Comment

Well, okay then, how about...
                        Nimmo isnt a CF'er. He is player that they put out there...…….like Conforto.
                        Last edited by Paulypal; 11-10-2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

It pays to really think about things before you post.

Cespedes was a Cuban player with very little (if any) restrictions on PED use in his home country. Do you remember his "tryout video" before he got here? Steroids were part of the plan - if I had to guess. No I don't care about anyone taking steroids, but if they come off them and/or are becoming injury prone with/without them (as is Cespedes) then it becomes an issue.

Wouldn't you say?

I find it awesome that you man crush on Cespedes because you saw him at the HR Derby at Citi. I was there also and although I enjoyed it I wasnt about to buy him flowers for his efforts. To each his own. Who am I to judge? My opinion is that it is time to put Cespedes in the rear view mirror. It is fine that you want him back - that is your opinion, but it is not mine.

Nimmo is a backup player? I guess his 2018 season didn't impress you but somehow every third post (specifically designed to antagonize) was about how the sub standard Amed Rosario was developing. LMAO -- can you be more obvious? Who needs a 400+ OBP player when we have Rosario getting on base at a .305 clip. Nice little player...………..good f'n grief.

Nimmo a strikeout machine? His 162 game average is 152. Rosario's is 133. I will take 19 more K's for 82 more points in OBP and 34 more OPS points. Just saying.

Nimmo on PED's? Never thought about and really don't care one way or the other.

Your attempts are so transparent - although I implore you to keep it coming. It is liking shooting fish in a barrel. You should get Mets523 back and then come after me......you wont win then either, but at least I have to use more bullets into the barrel.
                          Speaking of being transparent- it took me a while to see it

Regarding Yoenis Cespedes- you and others write things that are untruths such as:

-He is a cancer in the clubhouse

-He is 3 years older than his actual age

-He is a PED user

-He is a player that doesn't want to play

-He had a "mystery" falling off a horse

-He has a history of not being a team player

-He refuses to stand for the National Anthem

And then your statement above- "You want to talk about the Mets having a decent young group with Alonso/McNeil/Conforto/Nimmo -Do you really want Cespedes around these kids?"

Speaking of grown young white men as kids around the likes of Cespedes? I can't come to any other conclusion than racism, it pains me to say.
                          Which explains all the untruths in yours and others writings.

Comment

Talking about Cespedes -- show me the positive.

You want to talk about the Mets having a decent young group with Alonso/McNeil/Conforto/Nimmo.....Ok I can buy that.

Do you really want Cespedes around these kids?
                            This is what sealed it for me.

Comment

Speaking of being transparent- it took me a while to see it

Regarding Yoenis Cespedes- you and others write things that are untruths such as:

-He is a cancer in the clubhouse

-He is 3 years older than his actual age

-He is a PED user

-He is a player that doesn't want to play

-He had a "mystery" falling off a horse

-He has a history of not being a team player

-He refuses to stand for the National Anthem

And then your statement above- "You want to talk about the Mets having a decent young group with Alonso/McNeil/Conforto/Nimmo -Do you really want Cespedes around these kids?"

Speaking of grown young white men as kids around the likes of Cespedes? I can't come to any other conclusion than racism, it pains me to say.
                              Which explains all the untruths in yours and others writings.
                              Racism?

You just hit new low, and that isn't easy for you because you are known as one of the least knowledgeable posters on this forum. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Show me where I said anything about the National Anthem....wrong poster....sorry. In fact I defended him by saying not all the Met players were even on the field for the Anthem. Try Ginkoba I think you need it. Brain cells never come back when you lose them.

I also said David Wright was a PED user. LOL.

This is a team issue - not a race issue. I dont care what color or race a player is. I don't want Cespedes around the kids because I don't want him to be the example they follow, but you know that.

Someone without knowledge like you ignores the fact that I constantly say that Strawberry is by far my all time favorite Met, and that Bonds is the greatest player I ever saw. I guess they are white. I guess when I wanted Wright , Pelfrey, TDA, Francouer, Dickey, Harvey or any player I have ever mentioned off the team I was being a reverse racist. Off the charts stupidity.

You are nothing more than a troll that is severely overmatched when it comes to baseball knowledge whether it be the history of the game or how the game is played. So you have to stoop so low as to use racism for my not wanting Cespedes on team for team reasons because that as all your less than functioning brain can muster up.

You are a lower life form......maybe you are really Jeff.

Racists? What a complete buffoon you are. You should be banned for even suggesting that.

Racism --- wow --- good luck with that.
                              Last edited by Paulypal; 11-10-2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

This is what sealed it for me.
                                If you weren't so disgusting I would pity you.

You have been following me around for a decade - going out of your way to disagree with me at every turn.

After a decade of being outclassed you have stooped to a new low.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X