This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

If you weren't so disgusting I would pity you.

You have been following me around for a decade - going out of your way to disagree with me at every turn.

After a decade of being outclassed you have stooped to a new low.
    Let’s time travel back to Brooklyn of the 1970’s and 1980’s , before the internet and hiding behind a keyboard became a safe space .

A person who made accusations like that would have either been Mike Tyson tough, or have been beaten to a bloody pulp often enough to make him stop.

The same troll accused me of being a “lawnmower parent “ . Why ? Because I had posted that when my son interviewed at med schools , I walked the hoods to scope them out - by myself , no packing . I can’t imagine that troll walking in North Philly alone . Or Detroit . Or St. Louis . If I thought an area was too sketchy in the daytime , what parent would want their child walking those streets at night . My son settled on Downstate in East Flatbush - an area where a White Long Islander wouldn’t last too long with his ‘tude .

I would love to see him walk on Pitkin Ave , but it won’t happen so why even dream about it .

I guarantee that if you confronted the troll in his Excelsior Gold seats , he would crap himself . We both know that .

Maybe it’s time for a winter hiatus !

Comment

• I think a positive with Beltran as the manager is that he is not far removed from playing, so he can relate to the players, If BVW can build an actual team for him, he will do a better job than Callaway. His first press conference went much better than Callaway's love in went.

Also, for all my own complaining, I know that at least 2 of the young guys have to go. The Mets need a CF and a lot of pitching help and have way too many corner fielders who cannot field. Some trades and two real free agent signings (not another stockpile of washed up players for Syracuse) and turn it over to Beltran to try to contend for a playoff spot. No matter what happens, next year will be challenging as the Nationals will be the reigning world champs and the Braves and Phillies are both built to contend.

If I'm BVW, I keep McNeil and Alonso because the fans will riot if they are traded and dangle everyone else out there to see what offers pour in. We are just getting to hot stove season.

Comment

Racism?

You just hit new low, and that isn't easy for you because you are known as one of the least knowledgeable posters on this forum. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Show me where I said anything about the National Anthem....wrong poster....sorry. In fact I defended him by saying not all the Met players were even on the field for the Anthem. Try Ginkoba I think you need it. Brain cells never come back when you lose them.

I also said David Wright was a PED user. LOL.

This is a team issue - not a race issue. I dont care what color or race a player is. I don't want Cespedes around the kids because I don't want him to be the example they follow, but you know that.

Someone without knowledge like you ignores the fact that I constantly say that Strawberry is by far my all time favorite Met, and that Bonds is the greatest player I ever saw. I guess they are white. I guess when I wanted Wright , Pelfrey, TDA, Francouer, Dickey, Harvey or any player I have ever mentioned off the team I was being a reverse racist. Off the charts stupidity.

You are nothing more than a troll that is severely overmatched when it comes to baseball knowledge whether it be the history of the game or how the game is played. So you have to stoop so low as to use racism for my not wanting Cespedes on team for team reasons because that as all your less than functioning brain can muster up.

You are a lower life form......maybe you are really Jeff.

Racists? What a complete buffoon you are. You should be banned for even suggesting that.

Racism --- wow --- good luck with that.
        Okay Bob Ewell.

Comment

If you weren't so disgusting I would pity you.

You have been following me around for a decade - going out of your way to disagree with me at every turn.

After a decade of being outclassed you have stooped to a new low.
          I notice Amed Rosario wasn't in your list of young players. We all know why

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

Let’s time travel back to Brooklyn of the 1970’s and 1980’s , before the internet and hiding behind a keyboard became a safe space .

A person who made accusations like that would have either been Mike Tyson tough, or have been beaten to a bloody pulp often enough to make him stop.

The same troll accused me of being a “lawnmower parent “ . Why ? Because I had posted that when my son interviewed at med schools , I walked the hoods to scope them out - by myself , no packing . I can’t imagine that troll walking in North Philly alone . Or Detroit . Or St. Louis . If I thought an area was too sketchy in the daytime , what parent would want their child walking those streets at night . My son settled on Downstate in East Flatbush - an area where a White Long Islander wouldn’t last too long with his ‘tude .

I would love to see him walk on Pitkin Ave , but it won’t happen so why even dream about it .

I guarantee that if you confronted the troll in his Excelsior Gold seats , he would crap himself . We both know that .

I stayed off the board for about 10 days, but it wasn't long enough.

I actually like discussing baseball with a lot of the guys on the board- yourself, Mongoose, Milla, JJPM, Brooklyn, RJAllstars - to name a few. We don't always agree - in fact we disagree a lot, but it is always about baseball from a baseball angle.

So I decided to post again a couple of days after the hiring of Beltran.

I have been saying for two years that I don't want Cespedes on the team any longer. Not because of the color of his skin or the language he speaks or where he comes from, but because I think he is a detriment to the team......BASEBALL team.

The Met core I mentioned happens to be white kids -- so what? I didn't even think of them as all being white. LIMETS did. So tell me who the racists is. The fact that he picked that out of my post is alarming. He was also allowed to criticize your parenting - another very peronal issue. Why? Because he is looking for something non baseball related to hit you with. Just disgusting.

I thought of them as ballplayers...white....black...latin. Doesnt matter one iota to me.

Anyone that has been on this forum with me for the past decade plus knows that if I dont want someone on the team --I say it. Race is irrelevant. David Wright was "Capatin America" and I didnt want him signed. It doesnt get much whiter than David Wright.

The fact that this trolling creep can type that and put that out there about me or anyone else and is still allowed on here will be another reason to limit visiting this forum.

I will not defend myself that I am not a racists at all, but if anyone knew me personally they would know people in my life that make that statement more absurd than they can imagine.

Sitting behind a keyboard and taking those types of shots at someone that they dont know shouldnt be permitted. It is very different than talking about a baseball player amongst the fans on the forum. You want to talk about a player being a dog for lack of hustle, or you suspect he is on PED's, or the guy sucks - this is all baseball related.

You want to argue with me and tell me I dont know what talking about when it comes to the Mets or baseball...fine that is what this forum is for. When you accuse me of being something on that level well then that is a whole different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

I notice Amed Rosario wasn't in your list of young players. We all know why
              I have been saying for two years I don't consider Rosario a core player...because I don't think he is that good.

I guess Diaz and Cano are white as I defended both all season.

Nice try though -- Outclassed at every turn dude. You are way out of your depth.
              Last edited by Paulypal; 11-10-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                I think a positive with Beltran as the manager is that he is not far removed from playing, so he can relate to the players, If BVW can build an actual team for him, he will do a better job than Callaway. His first press conference went much better than Callaway's love in went.

Also, for all my own complaining, I know that at least 2 of the young guys have to go. The Mets need a CF and a lot of pitching help and have way too many corner fielders who cannot field. Some trades and two real free agent signings (not another stockpile of washed up players for Syracuse) and turn it over to Beltran to try to contend for a playoff spot. No matter what happens, next year will be challenging as the Nationals will be the reigning world champs and the Braves and Phillies are both built to contend.

If I'm BVW, I keep McNeil and Alonso because the fans will riot if they are traded and dangle everyone else out there to see what offers pour in. We are just getting to hot stove season.
                Be very careful now what color player you say needs to stay. You may get labeled.

You didn't say keep Rosario - apparently that makes you a KKK member.

Comment

I have been saying for two years I don't consider Rosario a core player...because I don't think he is that good.

I guess Diaz and Cano are white as I defended both all season.

Nice try though -- Outclassed at every turn dude. You are way out of your depth.
                  Feel free to dispute what you wrote about Cespedes as unbiased. It pains me that you can’t.

Comment

I stayed off the board for about 10 days, but it wasn't long enough.

I actually like discussing baseball with a lot of the guys on the board- yourself, Mongoose, Milla, JJPM, Brooklyn, RJAllstars - to name a few. We don't always agree - in fact we disagree a lot, but it is always about baseball from a baseball angle.

So I decided to post again a couple of days after the hiring of Beltran.

I have been saying for two years that I don't want Cespedes on the team any longer. Not because of the color of his skin or the language he speaks or where he comes from, but because I think he is a detriment to the team......BASEBALL team.

The Met core I mentioned happens to be white kids -- so what? I didn't even think of them as all being white. LIMETS did. So tell me who the racists is. The fact that he picked that out of my post is alarming. He was also allowed to criticize your parenting - another very peronal issue. Why? Because he is looking for something non baseball related to hit you with. Just disgusting.

I thought of them as ballplayers...white....black...latin. Doesnt matter one iota to me.

Anyone that has been on this forum with me for the past decade plus knows that if I dont want someone on the team --I say it. Race is irrelevant. David Wright was "Capatin America" and I didnt want him signed. It doesnt get much whiter than David Wright.

The fact that this trolling creep can type that and put that out there about me or anyone else and is still allowed on here will be another reason to limit visiting this forum.

I will not defend myself that I am not a racists at all, but if anyone knew me personally they would know people in my life that make that statement more absurd than they can imagine.

Sitting behind a keyboard and taking those types of shots at someone that they dont know shouldnt be permitted. It is very different than talking about a baseball player amongst the fans on the forum. You want to talk about a player being a dog for lack of hustle, or you suspect he is on PED's, or the guy sucks - this is all baseball related.

You want to argue with me and tell me I dont know what talking about when it comes to the Mets or baseball...fine that is what this forum is for. When you accuse me of being something on that level well then that is a whole different story.

Couldn’t have said it better . ! When people can’t win a debate or discussion , they make it personal . I always thought that was against forum rules ; funny how someone with suburban white privilege calls others “racist “.

Any admins or moderators out there ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                      I think a positive with Beltran as the manager is that he is not far removed from playing, so he can relate to the players, If BVW can build an actual team for him, he will do a better job than Callaway. His first press conference went much better than Callaway's love in went.

Agree. Good point.

Comment

Please reread my post without going on a tangent back to the 70’s. It pains me that you and others wrote these untruths about Cespedes.

**and did you actually type "I walked the hoods". I didn't think it was possible for you to dig the hole deeper but...
                        Last edited by LI METS FAN; 11-10-2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Couldn’t have said it better . ! When people can’t win a debate or discussion , they make it personal . I always thought that was against forum rules ; funny how someone with suburban white privilege calls others “racist “.

Any admins or moderators out there ?
                          Trying to concentrate on the Jets Giants game but saw recent Mean Girls tirade and had to put my two cents in. Racism is a strong acquisition and I would take it personal also. I enjoy chatting Mets with everyone on here and probably enjoy chatting more with those I disagree with. I have noticed that sometimes people have the need to pile on when they should just let the two guys duke it out 2019 forum tough guy fashion. Pauly and LI Mets are both big boys and both deserve the respect of everyone. We all have been on here long enough to earn it. If I was in the school yard, I would watch this one, not try to instigate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

Trying to concentrate on the Jets Giants game but saw recent Mean Girls tirade and had to put my two cents in. Racism is a strong acquisition and I would take it personal also. I enjoy chatting Mets with everyone on here and probably enjoy chatting more with those I disagree with. I have noticed that sometimes people have the need to pile on when they should just let the two guys duke it out 2019 forum tough guy fashion. Pauly and LI Mets are both big boys and both deserve the respect of everyone. We all have been on here long enough to earn it. If I was in the school yard, I would watch this one, not try to instigate it.
                            Thanks. I’m concerned about specific untruths and look forward to their explanation or rebuttal of the untruths.
                            We are Met fans and are looking forward to the winter meetings, signings etc. And spring of course.

Comment

• Ladies and gentlemen, regardless of who dislikes whom for what, the personal assaults will not be tolerated. I realize it can be difficult to keep personal animosities out of passionate baseball banter, but... try.
                              Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                                Ladies and gentlemen, regardless of who dislikes whom for what, the personal assaults will not be tolerated. I realize it can be difficult to keep personal animosities out of passionate baseball banter, but... try.
                                Thank you. Appreciate it. You’ve always been fair and the voice of reason. And smart since you’re a Met fan.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X