This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Nimmo isnt a CF'er. He is player that they put out there...…….like Conforto.
    In the way you mean it, I know whatcha mean. That said, I have to wonder, what makes a centerfielder? And why can't Nimmo be one? For whatever reason, I can envision him being one more than I can Conforto.

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Lagares is available and I wouldn't be shocked if they invite him to ST.

I also wouldnt be shocked if Jackie Bradley Jr is a Met next year.
    So if the need for a dedicated centerfielder is of such high priority, why'd they let Lagares go before procuring another? I heard a lot this year about how he had no business being with the 2019 Mets, but now the question seems to be who'll be out there in '20.

My only guess would be they have some sorta plan (cockamamie or otherwise).
    Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post
      So if the need for a dedicated centerfielder is of such high priority, why'd they let Lagares go before procuring another? I heard a lot this year about how he had no business being with the 2019 Mets, but now the question seems to be who'll be out there in '20.

There was a lot of talk last year about converting Rosario to a CF and promoting Andres Gimenez to the big club to play SS. Maybe that is the plan. I don't like that idea since Rosario is is a player with good range but a below average throwing arm and limited HR power, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is what happens next year. We already know BVW has no problem with keeping a MLB ready player at the MLB level from day one, even with the potential cost of a year down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

There was a lot of talk last year about converting Rosario to a CF and promoting Andres Gimenez to the big club to play SS. Maybe that is the plan. I don't like that idea since Rosario is is a player with good range but a below average throwing arm and limited HR power, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is what happens next year. We already know BVW has no problem with keeping a MLB ready player at the MLB level from day one, even with the potential cost of a year down the road.
        Hopefully Rosario continues to develop at the big league level while Gimenez makes it to AAA. Having just turned 21 I'd be shocked if they'd consider him MLB ready yet.

Comment

• Jeremy Hefner interviewing for Mets pitching coach per Marc Carig. I always liked him even though I have no baseball knowledge/

Comment

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

Trying to concentrate on the Jets Giants game but saw recent Mean Girls tirade and had to put my two cents in. Racism is a strong acquisition and I would take it personal also. I enjoy chatting Mets with everyone on here and probably enjoy chatting more with those I disagree with. I have noticed that sometimes people have the need to pile on when they should just let the two guys duke it out 2019 forum tough guy fashion. Pauly and LI Mets are both big boys and both deserve the respect of everyone. We all have been on here long enough to earn it. If I was in the school yard, I would watch this one, not try to instigate it.
            Mean Girls? Let someone you a racist when that is something you are disgusted by and not fire back.

BTW - I welcome it going to the school yard.

Comment

• To paulypal (and mandrake by default)

Its been a day since I wrote that the untruths you have written about Cespedes pains me to say my conclusion is racism. You have chosen not to address why you've written all those untruths.

For the record at no time did I say anything else- you both, independently in your posts used the word racist. I DID NOT and would not call either of you racist. There's not a human being alive or dead, not Gandhi, not MLK Jr, no one, who hasn't made comments about "others" in a similar way that you did.

We are all flawed. As paulypal so aptly points out all my flaws- a buffoon, a troll, the least knowledgeable poster etc. Quite a wit. I almost forget mandrake calling me fake positive. As if that was an insult of some kind, while I actually like it.

It is clear that you will not address the why, so hopefully we can get back to discussing our team the Mets and you can both tell me how little I know about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post

In the way you mean it, I know whatcha mean. That said, I have to wonder, what makes a centerfielder? And why can't Nimmo be one? For whatever reason, I can envision him being one more than I can Conforto.

All I can say is...I hope (and its a big hope) they have a plan for CF, and not going to fill it on the roster.

As far as what makes a CF'er - break on the ball, speed, ability to go right and left. Conforto did a decent job but he isnt a CF'er.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                  To paulypal (and mandrake by default)

Its been a day since I wrote that the untruths you have written about Cespedes pains me to say my conclusion is racism. You have chosen not to address why you've written all those untruths.

For the record at no time did I say anything else- you both, independently in your posts used the word racist. I DID NOT and would not call either of you racist. There's not a human being alive or dead, not Gandhi, not MLK Jr, no one, who hasn't made comments about "others" in a similar way that you did.

We are all flawed. As paulypal so aptly points out all my flaws- a buffoon, a troll, the least knowledgeable poster etc. Quite a wit. I almost forget mandrake calling me fake positive. As if that was an insult of some kind, while I actually like it.

It is clear that you will not address the why, so hopefully we can get back to discussing our team the Mets and you can both tell me how little I know about them.

You said my comments about Cespedes were driven by racism..........but somehow you are backing off the fact that you called me a racist.

So I make decisions based upon race but you never called me a racist. This is the phony you are.

Now you send this phony post - where you are still calling me a racists, and liar, and hide behind Gandhi and MLK.

Now you want to put that disgusting garbage out there and go back to talking about the Mets based upon your further attack of my character post that I quoted. If you knew anything about my personal life you would know ridiculous your assertion was. I would say you would be ashamed of yourself but you have no shame.

For the sake of the other posters I will end this right now, but know that I think you are nothing but a punk hiding behind your keyboard. You get to put that garbage out there and now you want it go away. Truly disgusting. If you have an issue with that you would like to bring to completion just message me, and we can finish this anyway you prefer.

Address the why? I addressed the why. Cespedes doesnt belong on the team. I think he took steroids, I think he is a dog, I dont want him on the roster, and I dont want him influencing WHAT I CONSIDER THE YOUNG TALENTED CORE.

I would like to see the Mets win before I am dead, and Cespedes isnt the answer. I dont care what language he speaks or what color the Met core is.
                  Last edited by Paulypal; 11-11-2019, 07:55 AM.

Comment

You said my comments about Cespedes were driven by racism..........but somehow you are backing off the fact that you called me a racist.

So I make decisions based upon race but you never called me a racist. This is the phony you are.

Now you want to put that disgusting garbage out there and go back to talking about the Mets based upon your further attack of my character post that I quoted. If you knew anything about my personal life you would know ridiculous your assertion was. I would say you would be ashamed of yourself but you have no shame.

For the sake of the other posters I will end this right now, but know that I think you are nothing but a punk hiding behind your keyboard. You get to put that garbage out there and now you want it go away. Truly disgusting. If you have an issue with that you would like to bring to completion just message me, and we can finish this anyway you prefer.

Address the why? I addressed the why. Cespedes doesnt belong on the team. I think he took steroids, I think he is a dog, I dont want him on the roster, and I dont want him influencing WHAT I CONSIDER THE YOUNG TALENTED CORE.

I would like to see the Mets win before I am dead, and Cespedes isnt the answer. I dont care what language he speaks or what color the Met core is.
                    Words matter. Racism and racist are entirely different. Your post is TLDR but I apologize if my being upset about your words makes you angry.

Comment

• On a Mets topic, the GM meetings start today. Should be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Words matter. Racism and racist are entirely different. Your post is TLDR but I apologize if my being upset about your words makes you angry.
                        uh huh I am sure you didnt.

Anyway -- too bad the Mets dont have a GM to send to the meetings.

Comment

uh huh I am sure you didnt.

Anyway -- too bad the Mets dont have a GM to send to the meetings.
                          Now that is funny. Van Wagenen and his entourage will be there. Its Scottsdale, who wouldn't want to go there.

Comment

• What exactly goes on at the GM meetings now as opposed to the winter meetings next month?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister B. View Post
                              What exactly goes on at the GM meetings now as opposed to the winter meetings next month?
                              The GM Meetings are basically a scaled down version of the winter meetings. This article, while out of date, gives a good explanation of the difference between the two:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ear-next-week/

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

The GM Meetings are basically a scaled down version of the winter meetings. This article, while out of date, gives a good explanation of the difference between the two:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ear-next-week/

Many thanks.

Seems like there's typically a lot of anticipation as these meetings approach, then they're over in a few short days with little if anything coming out of them.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X