This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

Looks like Nimmo platoon in CF. Put McNeil in LF and Davis at 3B and concentrate on 1 more starter and as many arms in the bullpen as you can get and pray a few work out? Sounds like the offseason plan to me.
    I know that Nimmo looks like Kenny Lofton next to JD Davis and Michael Conforto in the outfield, but he is basically a mediocre left fielder defensively. If that is this team's game plan, the Mets will be battling the Marlins again next year for last place. The Phillies are clearly in win now mode, the Nats are defending World Series champs, and the Braves were the division winner last year and still haven't hit their stride. The NL East will be the toughest in MLB next year. Going with mediocre players will end in another mediocre season.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

I know that Nimmo looks like Kenny Lofton next to JD Davis and Michael Conforto in the outfield, but he is basically a mediocre left fielder defensively. If that is this team's game plan, the Mets will be battling the Marlins again next year for last place. The Phillies are clearly in win now mode, the Nats are defending World Series champs, and the Braves were the division winner last year and still haven't hit their stride. The NL East will be the toughest in MLB next year. Going with mediocre players will end in another mediocre season.
      I hear ya, too bad BVW and Jeffy do not follow this thread. Nimmo would be a fine ML defensive LF. Once again, keep playing people out of position and your team defense will suffer.

Comment

Looks like Nimmo platoon in CF. Put McNeil in LF and Davis at 3B and concentrate on 1 more starter and as many arms in the bullpen as you can get and pray a few work out? Sounds like the offseason plan to me.
        I have no objection to the one splash of the eventual majority owner being Anthony Rendon.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

I have no objection to the one splash of the eventual majority owner being Anthony Rendon.
          Now that would be nice.

Comment

Platooning Nimmo is a mistake.

McNeil should play 3rd -- Davis needs to go or be a role player (if the role includes a glove - no bueno)

Defense is like paying for car insurance -- you complain about paying for it for no damn reason until you wreck the car. Every ball hit to Davis is high risk for a wreck.

Most of the time I would throw caution to the wind and play offense over defense, but not in this case when it affects Nimmo's playing time as well as playing McNeil in the IF I will not take that chance.

Then add in the fact that if you put a glove on the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz we would have a better chance of having a higher Defensive Runs Saved than JD Davis. That is of course BEFORE Dorothy pulled him down.

Comment

• Ok we are all excited about the new ownership.

For now lets temper our excitement based upon the Mets two newest pickups.

1) Max Moroff - Moroff batted just .125/.176/.250 with one home run and one stolen base in 20 games for the Indians in 2019. The 26-year-old offers some defensive versatility with experience at shortstop, second base, and third base,

2) Jarrett Parker- Parker made only 15 plate appearances at the major league level in 2019 with the Angels and struck out eight times without recording a hit. The 30-year-old will be organizational outfield depth for New York.

Studs.

Jarrett Parker is providing depth --- This is the shallowest depth ever recorded by man.
              Last edited by Paulypal; 12-05-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Now that would be nice.
                Who needs Rendon? We just nailed down Max Moroff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                  Jarrett Parker- Parker made only 15 plate appearances at the major league level in 2019 with the Angels and struck out eight times without recording a hit. The 30-year-old will be organizational outfield depth for New York.

Studs.

Jarrett Parker is providing depth --- This is the shallowest depth ever recorded by man.
                  Parker had a negative 38 OPS+ in 2019. Jacob deGrom had a 52 OPS+ in 2019.
                  The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

Parker had a negative 38 OPS+ in 2019. Jacob deGrom had a 52 OPS+ in 2019.
                    Yeah but his OBP is 200 points higher than his Batting Average, and considering that his BA was .000 in 2019 - he is due to get hot and get a hit in 2020.

Comment

Yeah but his OBP is 200 points higher than his Batting Average, and considering that his BA was .000 in 2019 - he is due to get hot and get a hit in 2020.
                      Wow, that makes him better than Nimmo! He is going to be this team's next Babe Ruth. Can't wait!

When do we get treated to the return of Rajai Davis and Carlos Gomez? That would be a TRUE Christmas treat!

Comment

I hear ya, too bad BVW and Jeffy do not follow this thread. Nimmo would be a fine ML defensive LF. Once again, keep playing people out of position and your team defense will suffer.
                        Couldn't agree more.
                        Put it in the books.

Comment

He has nowhere to go but up!

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

He has nowhere to go but up!
                            My point exactly. If he gets one hit in 2020 and actually has a batting average we can credit the Wilpons with finding a diamond in the rough.

The day after the Cohen news which made Met-land a little giddy they followed up with Marisnick, Parker, and Moroff. Just in case we were too giddy about the Wilpons gone they reminded us all that they are still around.

I get to use the terms........Wilscum, lower life forms, less than human - until further notice.

Note to Jeff -- your own family cant stand you ---- imagine the fan base.

Comment

• Marisnick looks like deGrom.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                                Marisnick looks like deGrom.
                                Can't have too many Jakes on your team.
                                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X