Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mets are still in on Starling Marte. Would likely trade major league outfielder. Also working to find a taker for Jed Lowrie contract so they can sign a Porcello and/or Betances.

https://twitter.com/martinonyc/statu...80464188514304

I wonder what fool decided to sign Jed Lowrie in the first place.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• I keep seeing posts about Gary Carter on social media. Yesterday, back in 1984, Carter became a NY Met. That was back in the days when the Mets organization actually wanted to win and picked up legitimate players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
        The Mets are still in on Starling Marte. Would likely trade major league outfielder. Also working to find a taker for Jed Lowrie contract so they can sign a Porcello and/or Betances.

Hot stove indicates Nimmo, and maybe Smith for Marte. But other teams want him also.
        Van Wagenen praising Conforto. Maybe he’s trade bait too.

Comment

• Moving Nimmo and Davis for Marte would be a very Mets thing to do. Bobby Bonilla part II

Comment

• Gerrity Cole to the Yankees 9 years $324 million.. Ha ha, suckers! We got Brach for like 1% of that. COME GET US!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
              Moving Nimmo and Davis for Marte would be a very Mets thing to do. Bobby Bonilla part II
              If they trade both for Marte ----------well like you said it is a Met thing to do.

BVW is catching up to Jeff on my dislike list.

Comment

Gerrity Cole to the Yankees 9 years $324 million.. Ha ha, suckers! We got Brach for like 1% of that. COME GET US!
                The Mets can get 99 more Brachs.

Comment

Gerrity Cole to the Yankees 9 years $324 million.. Ha ha, suckers! We got Brach for like 1% of that. COME GET US!
                  My Yankee fan friends were making fun of Strasburg’s outrageous contract. Good for Cole.

Comment

• The Mets are teaming up with New York Cares for their 14th Annual Mets "Warm-Up" Holiday Coat Drive today from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. at the Mets Team Store at Citi Field. Free parking will be available in Lot G on Seaver Way. Fans bringing a new or gently used coat will receive a voucher redeemable for two tickets to a select Mets home game in 2020. Fans will be limited to one (1) ticket voucher.

https://www.mlb.com/mets/community/coat-drive
                    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

If they trade both for Marte ----------well like you said it is a Met thing to do.

I would trade Davis for Marte straight up because Marte brings defense with him that Davis is sorely lacking in. No way I'd trade both of those guys for Marte. What is even the point of that? The Mets would be trading away a guy who has the potential to lead the league in OBP plus a guy who hit .300 and 20+ home runs last year for a 31 year old 1 year rental with declining peripherals.

Comment

The Mets can get 99 more Brachs.
                        His nickname can be the Candy man and the chant could be break out the Brach's. Just imagine the promotional possibilities. Instant win!

https://www.candyfavorites.com/candy...iAAEgLVdPD_BwE
                        Last edited by jjpm74; 12-11-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Moving Nimmo and Davis for Marte would be a very Mets thing to do. Bobby Bonilla part II
                          Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

I look forward to the day when doing something Mets loses its negative connotation.
                          Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post

I look forward to the day when doing something Mets loses its negative connotation.
                            So do I. One day the word Mets will be once again be a noun and not the negative action verb that it has become.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                              The Mets are still in on Starling Marte. Would likely trade major league outfielder. Also working to find a taker for Jed Lowrie contract so they can sign a Porcello and/or Betances.

Brodie is a stooge. Fred and Jeff have a history of collecting 2nd basemen they don't need. I'd say Fred and/or Jeff is responsible.

Fred would have to package controllable talent to offload Lowrie's contract. Why bother, if you're going to use the savings to get another player whose contract they'll probably want to offload the following year?

Fred's just trying to acquire a "name" to bamboozle the gullible again. Cut rate, yet risky and overpriced, while giving away talent, too. Business as usual.

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                              I wouldn't trade Nimmo for Marte straight up. Obliviousness to cheap talent they already have, to pursue unexceptional veterans past 30 predates Van Wagenen. Who's the real GM again?

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Honestly - I am looking at 2020 as just a placeholder before we feel the effects of Cohen in 2021.

From what I have heard on MLBN - although it is a 5 year deal the Scums will be mostly irrelevant after 2020. I hope that is a true statement.

The Phillies and Braves appear like they actually trying to win. We will see what the Nats do with Strassburg/Rendon.

Mets a 4th place finish...……..maybe 3rd.

Yes the games have to be played of course, but the Phillies drop $118MM on Wheeler, and Mets get their much needed CF'er in Marisnick.

Still a lot of off season to go, but don't we say that every year?
                                I hope so, too. I too would like to think that this will end up being viewed by posterity as not less than a sort of lame-duck period of time, but with the moves we see taking place thus far, both internally and externally, just maintaining the status quo is looking more and more unlikely.

Here's to hoping no real damage is done before the actual influx of money. Till then, all I know for certain is, if I'm Cohen, I'm watching Fred's hands and keeping my ATM PIN a secret.
                                Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X