Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Mets Offseason Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by brooklynboy View Post
    Happy Holidays to everybody and may we all meet for the World Series at Citi next year
    No not next year......the year after.

    I waited this long I could wait one more year. Let Cohen hold up the trophy. I see Jeff near it will invoke my gag reflex immediately.

    We already received our holiday gift in the way of a light at the end of this disgusting evil tunnel. Baby steps.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by brooklynboy View Post

      Good call on this one Pauly...Cespedes had to break a major covenant or the Union would be in Court on this one...Crushing baseballs in the winter is one thing, crushing baseballs over 162 game season is something else..
      I am not sure why anyone was impressed with him hitting batting practice.

      Players at that level can hit BP in their sleep and make it look easy....because it is. Yes he was crushing some baseballs - that's nice.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

        So Slick added to the suck. If you look at the WHIP there is not a MLB pitcher that is below Wacha (with the exception of Familia).

        Mazza, Bashor, Lockett, Gagnon, and Flexen are minor league pitchers at best. Last year the two guys that failed that were being counted on sucked, (Familia/Diaz) but look who else got innings. Any wonder why they were that bad?
        Pretty much. As for Porcello, as a #5, he is fine. It is if he ends up being relied on as #3 where the team will be in trouble. On paper, Strohman and Matz are #3 and #4, but neither are particularly reliable. It actually wouldn't surprise me if Matz ended up in the bullpen.
        Last edited by jjpm74; 12-14-2019, 10:00 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

          I am not sure why anyone was impressed with him hitting batting practice.

          Players at that level can hit BP in their sleep and make it look easy....because it is. Yes he was crushing some baseballs - that's nice.
          What is your opinion on why Chavez deleted "his video throwing batting practice to Cespedes quicker than Yadier Molina's Home Run rendered his game-saving catch in the 2006 playoffs an afterthought"?

          Mine is in retrospect it didn't help the Wilpon's narrative of reducing his 2020 salary. And since Chavez is on Wilpon's payroll it had to be deleted.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

            What is your opinion on why Chavez deleted "his video throwing batting practice to Cespedes quicker than Yadier Molina's Home Run rendered his game-saving catch in the 2006 playoffs an afterthought"?

            Mine is in retrospect it didn't help the Wilpon's narrative of reducing his 2020 salary. And since Chavez is on Wilpon's payroll it had to be deleted.
            Oh I don't doubt that Jeff sent out an APB on taking that video down as it wasn't helping his cause. We agree on that for sure.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

              Pretty much. As for Porcello, as a #5, he is fine. It is if he ends up being relied on as #3 where the team will be in trouble. On paper, Strohman and Matz are #3 and #4, but neither are particularly reliable. It actually wouldn't surprise me if Matz ended up in the bullpen.
              Agreed. Porcello as a 5 is just fine with the one caveat he has to bounce back to some degree. His 2019 was hideous. He has the ability to bounce so there is that hope, but even as a 5 the 5+ ERA and the 87 ERA+ is no Bueno.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

                So Slick added to the suck. If you look at the WHIP there is not a MLB pitcher that is below Wacha (with the exception of Familia).

                Mazza, Bashor, Lockett, Gagnon, and Flexen are minor league pitchers at best. Last year the two guys that failed that were being counted on sucked, (Familia/Diaz) but look who else got innings. Any wonder why they were that bad?
                Mazza and Flexen were DFAd the other day, and Flexen was released. Addition by subtraction.
                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                  Mazza and Flexen were DFAd the other day, and Flexen was released.
                  Nothing of value was lost.
                  The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

                    Barring the miracle of 2020 yes they should be also rans once again, but I still enjoy the baseball season with or without them in the hunt.

                    So far the positive thing this off season is that BVW hasnt done as much damage as he did last year........yet.
                    The off season is still fairly young, Pauly, so hope still remains . . Go get 'Em VWBug..
                    North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

                      No not next year......the year after.

                      I waited this long I could wait one more year. Let Cohen hold up the trophy. I see Jeff near it will invoke my gag reflex immediately.

                      We already received our holiday gift in the way of a light at the end of this disgusting evil tunnel. Baby steps.
                      Ahh, nothing like good ol Mets Optimism!! Be careful of what you wish for, Pauly.. You never know what will wind up under the tree .
                      North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by brooklynboy View Post

                        The off season is still fairly young, Pauly, so hope still remains . . Go get 'Em VWBug..
                        I said that same thing in 1986 when I was young.

                        Comment


                        • I know there are a lot of Noah fans but now is the perfect time to deal him. Get a high level prospect SP, CF, reliable closer/set up man and a low level prospect with upside and I am ready to send him and his hammer packing.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                            I know there are a lot of Noah fans but now is the perfect time to deal him. Get a high level prospect SP, CF, reliable closer/set up man and a low level prospect with upside and I am ready to send him and his hammer packing.
                            The team tried to move him at the trade deadline and was getting offered nothing remotely close to this. What makes you think his return would be anything near that now? If they are going to try to move him, the best time for that would be at or near the trade deadline, assuming he has a good year, stays healthy and the Mets are battling for last place by Memorial Day yet again.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

                              The team tried to move him at the trade deadline and was getting offered nothing remotely close to this. What makes you think his return would be anything near that now? If they are going to try to move him, the best time for that would be at or near the trade deadline, assuming he has a good year, stays healthy and the Mets are battling for last place by Memorial Day yet again.
                              Thor is not going places unless the Mets get back a Tatis, jr or Vlad jr. Very few teams would make that kind of trade..
                              North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

                              Comment


                              • So the Mets were in on Betances until the saw the price tag then turned tail and ran.

                                He may end up with the Phillies.


                                Betances is a risk but when he is on he has been about as unhittable as their is. Question is can he find it?

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X