X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjpm74
    replied
    Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

I think Noah is back on the block. They could get a good position player and restock the farm in one move. Staff would still be above average talent wise. I say do it, Noah has all the symptoms of a problem child and that usually never ends well.
    How do you figure their staff is above average? The spin rate on Wacha's fastball is in the 9th percentile and he hasn't been healthy since 2015. He basically has a change up and that's it.

Porcello is a ground ball pitcher and there are currently four well below average defensive players expected to play LF, CF, SS and CF next year to go with a catcher who does not know how to frame pitches, but can throw the occasional runner out and can hit backed up by a below average catcher who cannot do anything well outside of framing pitches. That all impacts the pitching staff negatively.
    Last edited by jjpm74; Today, 02:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Mike Puma - Cespedes has started running

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/stat...92553479704578

Well I hope they baby-proofed the house and have outlet covers.

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
    In Porcello, Wacha, Marisnick and Brach, the Mets have spent about $17 million guaranteed for next season.
    https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/stat...34945661804545
    Come get us.

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

I think Noah is back on the block. They could get a good position player and restock the farm in one move. Staff would still be above average talent wise. I say do it, Noah has all the symptoms of a problem child and that usually never ends well.
    I honestly hope they dont trade Noah at this point.

I know the whole personal catcher thing was absurd while stunk of an excuse, and his tough guy act of come get me I am 60'6" away..blah blah blah ran thin and rang untrue.

With that said his upside I still feel is huge. If they traded him for Betts do we feel the Mets will extend Betts? I do not. Not unless this Cohen thing gets done in time and who knows about that?

If the Mets have any chance in 2020 to be interesting its going to be on starting pitching because their offense is very middle of the road, they have no speed, and their defense is putrid. So we need the pitchers to step up and the bullpen to bounce back to even have a remote chance of being watchable.

I guess if the deal makes sense you have to look at every aspect, but at this point for a player that needs to be signed I would hesitate in a big way.

Leave a comment:

• rjsallstars
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

MLB CBT includes Cespedes' and Wright's full salaries, not taking into account most of it's covered by insurance. They include the average of backloaded contracts, I think. They include Cano's full salary, not including the $4M Fred's getting from the Mariners. That's off the top of my head.

More importantly, actual payroll is right near Fred's personal cap of around $160M. Look for the Mets to package controllable talent to get rid of 1/$9M of Lowrie, or something similar.

So much of payroll is tied up in former big names acquired to bamboozle the fans, who don't perform and whose salary dumps will create more problems. Appier for Vaughn, over and over again. And now Porcello, with a FIP near 5 last season. But he's local, won a Cy Young Award a few years ago, and is cut rate (though overpriced).

I wonder if getting Wacha and Porcello means Syndergaard's on the trading block again? Would anyone be shocked?

Leave a comment:

• brooklynboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

I would not make that move. So that means they will.
    ROFLMAO . Good Call Paulie

Leave a comment:

• brooklynboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

The Angels should do whatever they have to do to sign Bumgarner, Porcello and Ryu. They were willing to give Cole $300MM. They should use that $$ to get those 3, because they are dead in the water again without pitching.

Rendon is a great addition - actually sorry to see him leave the NL East, but the Angels are in desperate need of pitching.
    Angels weren't desperate enough to top the Yanks offer..Rendon is a great addition but he ain't gonna take them over the top. At least they spend money on quality players!!

Leave a comment:

• brooklynboy
    replied
    Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    Yoenis Cespedes?
    Hey, that $400K less in Capn Jeff's bank account

Leave a comment:

• jjpm74
    replied
    In Porcello, Wacha, Marisnick and Brach, the Mets have spent about $17 million guaranteed for next season.
    Wacha is really more of a bullpen guy. If they move a SP, they are pretty stupid.

Moving Matz only makes sense if he is moved for someone who can significantly improve the team. Moving anyone else makes the team even weaker than it is.

The Mets should go with:

deGrom, Syndergaard, Strohman, Matz, Porchello, Wacha, Lugo, Gsellman, Familia, Diaz, Wilson as their pitching core and fill in some of the remaining holes on the 40 man with pitchers who have options left. Gsellman was injured, and Familia and Diaz will hopefully bounce back.

Leave a comment:

• brooklynboy
    replied
    Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Not that radio talk means anything but they’re talking about Matz as tradeable.
    Matz could go..Hope they get something in return..

Leave a comment:

• brooklynboy
    replied
    Question is: what are they going to get back??? Cole will make double what these guys make combined.. Then again, with Cole, you know what to expect.

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

MLB CBT includes Cespedes' and Wright's full salaries, not taking into account most of it's covered by insurance. They include the average of backloaded contracts, I think. They include Cano's full salary, not including the $4M Fred's getting from the Mariners. That's off the top of my head.

More importantly, actual payroll is right near Fred's personal cap of around $160M. Look for the Mets to package controllable talent to get rid of 1/$9M of Lowrie, or something similar.

So much of payroll is tied up in former big names acquired to bamboozle the fans, who don't perform and whose salary dumps will create more problems. Appier for Vaughn, over and over again. And now Porcello, with a FIP near 5 last season. But he's local, won a Cy Young Award a few years ago, and is cut rate (though overpriced).

I wonder if getting Wacha and Porcello means Syndergaard's on the trading block again? Would anyone be shocked?
    Not that radio talk means anything but they’re talking about Matz as tradeable.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    Yoenis Cespedes?

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ol' aches and pains
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
    Another nugget on the Mets. According to Andy Martino, they are looking to trade Lowrie to stay under the luxury tax. WTF??? They are nowhere near a luxury tax and even if they get to it, the penalty is 400K!

https://twitter.com/martinonyc/statu...y-01dvv3x2gx9z

For reference, here is the luxury tax table. How are the Mets the 6th highest payroll in MLB next year?

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/tax/
    Yoenis Cespedes?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X