Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa to come Early?? (Here comes Santana)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa to come Early?? (Here comes Santana)

Minnesota has initiated talks for a three-way blockbuster with the Twins and A's. Here's how it would go down:

Mets send Jose Reyes, Kevin Mulvey, and Hector Pellot to A's
    A's send Bobby Crosby and Dan Johnson to Mets
    A's send Dan Haren to Twins
    Twins send Johan Santana to Mets

Mets get Johan Santana, Bobby Crosby and Dan Johnson
    A's get Jose Reyes and Kevin Mulvey
    Twins get Dan Haren and Hector Pellot
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
    Minnesota has initiated talks for a three-way blockbuster with the Twins and A's. Here's how it would go down:

Mets send Jose Reyes, Kevin Mulvey, and Hector Pellot to A's
    A's send Bobby Crosby and Dan Johnson to Mets
    A's send Dan Haren to Twins
    Twins send Johan Santana to Mets

Mets get Johan Santana, Bobby Crosby and Dan Johnson
    A's get Jose Reyes and Kevin Mulvey
    Twins get Dan Haren and Hector Pellot
    Not happening. The world has been repeating this rumor from an unreliable site.

Comment

I just don't see Reyes getting traded...and Bobby Crosby? c'mon...
      ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
      ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Just what Billy Beane wants: A base stealer.

Not happening. Not like that, anyway.

Comment

Well just a little update Billy Beane has said this is a total fabrication.

Originally posted by MLBtraderumors.com
          UPDATE, 12-5-07 at 5:45pm: Billy Beane, who rarely comments on trade rumors, actually went out of his way to call mine below a "total fabrication." I guess I should be proud, right? It sounds like I was the victim of an elaborate hoax/impersonated sportswriter. If so I apologize - not sure why someone would go to such lengths, but lesson learned.
          I never really thought it had a chance but you never know.
          Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Mets aren't tradeing Reyes, Omar has said that and I am confident he won't. Reyes is 1/4 of our entire offense.

Comment

I wish the Mets would just trade Reyes for Santana already. The chance to get a HoF pitcher in his prime is rare. They should get him by any means necessary.
              "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                I wish the Mets would just trade Reyes for Santana already. The chance to get a HoF pitcher in his prime is rare. They should get him by any means necessary.
                I'd rather have Reyes.

Comment

I wouldn't. As much as I love Reyes, he's never won anything for this team or himself.
                  "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Minaya has stated repeatedly he will not trade Reyes. If he does, he might as well resign as G.M. Bobby Crosby spends more time on the disabled list than Moises Alou. If traded, Santana probably goes to the Red Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                      I wouldn't. As much as I love Reyes, he's never won anything for this team or himself.

That goes for any of the players.

Bottom line here: Santana is great, but only helps you one day out of every five. Reyes is out there for every game.
                      :cap:

Comment

What if Reyes becomes the player he was the 2nd half of last season?

What if the Mets traded Reyes for Santana and then signed Eckstein. Wouldn't that be like trading Reyes for Santana and Eckstein?

I'm not suggesting that Eckstein is in Reyes class, but he does seem like a serviceable player and was on a couple of winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                          What if Reyes becomes the player he was the 2nd half of last season?

What if the Mets traded Reyes for Santana and then signed Eckstein. Wouldn't that be like trading Reyes for Santana and Eckstein?

I'm not suggesting that Eckstein is in Reyes class, but he does seem like a serviceable player and was on a couple of winners.
                          It would take about two Eckstein little league throws to first before fans miss Reyes.

Comment

REYES WILL NOT BE TRADED.

There are two guys who have been given keys to the new house across the street and Jose is one of them.

If Minnesota won't settle for anything less than Jose Reyes, the only thing New York will be getting from the Twin Cities is the Hold Steady.

Comment

From Jon Heyman of SI

And the Mets offered different packages of prospects that included either outfielder Carlos Gomez or outfield prospect Fernando Martinez but not both, declining to include the one extra prospect the Twins requested to clinch the deal according to people familiar with those talks.
                              The Mets are stupid. Gomez and Martinez will end up being rushed and mediocre if they stay with the organization since it has been spoiled by the likes of Wright and Reyes. If the Mets miss out on this chance, they've seriously screwed themselves over. Gomez and Martinez combined will NEVER have the same value that Santana currently does.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X