Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa to come Early?? (Here comes Santana)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Koufax might've been successful as a one-man team but I can't think of any others.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
      I'm sorry, but that's still ridiculous beyond belief. It's not even logical. I would not trade for Cy Young, Walter Johnson, Three-Finger Brown, Sandy Koufax, Dizzy Dean, etc. in their primes for SIX TO EIGHT players.
      If you mean prospects, I'd do it in a heartbeat. If you have the chance to get a very good, proven major league player, you shouldn't pass it up just because you THINK a guy has the POSSIBILITY of being good. Most of the time, he isn't.

Also, another thing: the D-Backs traded four guys considered among the best prospects in all of baseball (Gonzalez, Cunningham, Carter, Anderson) for Haren. Four SURE-FIRE everyday Major League players. This not only has devastating implications on the Mets if they try and get Santana, but literally every other team. And it drives Erik Bedard's price up beyond anything logical, too. So much for an ace; if this is what an "ace" costs, I don't WANT an ace.
      I don't think it will effect it as much as you think. Haren is under control for a couple more years for a very, very reasonable contract. Any team getting Santana has to pay not only the prospects but also give him a big contract.
      Last edited by NYMets523; 12-14-2007, 07:11 PM.
      "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
        Any team getting Santana has to pay not only the prospects but also give him a big contract.

Which is what should be driving the cost down to three prospects. Everyone knows the Twins don't have a prayer of resigning Santana, so they are not dealing from quite the position of strength that they want everyone to believe.
        :cap:

Comment

They could get 4.
          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

I#vesaid it in the "Harren's off the market" thread already: FORGET IT!!

"Slim to none" is to much. The chances are 0%!!!
            I looked at the stats of those six guys, and they where amazing!!!!
            Even with Gomez, Martinez, Pelfrey, Humber, Smith, Heilman: forget it.
            Even Reyes straight up for Johan: No way! MAYBE Wright, Reyes, Gomez, Martinez, Humber and Pelfrey, but this isn't happening (which is a good thing).
            Just look at the stats of those six guys and it's clear (for me), that we are at a point in baseball where you need to have a VERY GOOD farm system and must hope for good FAs. You can forget to trade for all-star players.

BTW, here are the stats of the six guys: OF Carlos Gonzales, OF Aaron Cunningham, 1B Chris Carter, and Pitchers Brett Anderson, Greg Smith and Dana Eveland.
            We've nothing close to that, so forget it
            sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X