2020 Mets Spring Training Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Mets Spring Training Thread

I think in honor of LI METS FAN going to Florida this year, a 2020 Spring Training thread is warranted.

So, hey, I get to watch today's game this evening on MLBN. Please don't anybody tell me who won the tie.
    Put it in the books.

Why on earth is Tim Tebow still taking up a valuable spot on this team? Enough already. Not only should he pack it in, forcibly or otherwise, but when I think about the real baseball player who isn't in Port St. Lucie due to his presence, it makes me sick.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
      I think in honor of LI METS FAN going to Florida this year, a 2020 Spring Training thread is warranted.

So, hey, I get to watch today's game this evening on MLBN. Please don't anybody tell me who won the tie.
      Thanks! Maybe I’ll get to see the first spring training win but hopefully it will be before Friday’s game.

Comment

First spring training win. Excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
          Why on earth is Tim Tebow still taking up a valuable spot on this team? Enough already. Not only should he pack it in, forcibly or otherwise, but when I think about the real baseball player who isn't in Port St. Lucie due to his presence, it makes me sick.
          He sells jerseys and merchandise and attracts some fans. Also, guess which CAA agent was Tebow's agent back in 2016?
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

I haven't watched anything yet. Have any of the core players (Alonso, McNeil, deGrom, Syndergaard, Familia, Diaz, Nimmo, Rosario) done anything yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
              I haven't watched anything yet. Have any of the core players (Alonso, McNeil, deGrom, Syndergaard, Familia, Diaz, Nimmo, Rosario) done anything yet?
              Nimmo swinging the bat really well as well as Ramos. Ramos is impressive so far but his goal needs to be concentrating on catching the new pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Nimmo swinging the bat really well as well as Ramos. Ramos is impressive so far but his goal needs to be concentrating on catching the new pitchers.
                They really need to bring in someone like Tony Pena to teach Ramos how to shield the pitch and protect the low strike.

Comment

What are the odds on actually seeing Nimmo or Lowrie on the field this season? Nimmo has yet another freak injury and Lowrie makes d'Arnaud's Mets tenure look like he was an iron man. JD Davis sounds like he will have a nagging injury all season the team claims he doesn't have that will probably impact his ability to hit and throw (joy)! Another year, same old s**^&!

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/mets-b...heart-testing/

It wouldn't surprise me if Eduardo Nunez makes the team in Lowrie's role.

Comment

Okay, went to Astros- Nats game tonight in West Palm Beach. Quite cold for FL- by end of game it was 50 degrees.
                    Only a couple of regular Astros players in the game, Springer and Gurriel. They were booed mercilessly. The other Astros were basically minor leaguers and were ignored.

** A real treat and surprise was Garrett Stubbs, catcher for Houston. He was in a handful of games last year. Great at blocking pitches, reaching for borderline wild pitches, and placing himself in the right place to get throws from the OF.
                    The Mets would be so lucky to have a backup catcher like that.

Ended in a 5-5 tie. Asdrubal played several innings. Soto will be annoying Met fans for a long time.
                    All in all a fun night because we got to watch baseball.

Tomorrow Port St Lucie.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                      Okay, went to Astros- Nats game tonight in West Palm Beach. Quite cold for FL- by end of game it was 50 degrees.
                      Only a couple of regular Astros players in the game, Springer and Gurriel. They were booed mercilessly. The other Astros were basically minor leaguers and were ignored.

** A real treat and surprise was Garrett Stubbs, catcher for Houston. He was in a handful of games last year. Great at blocking pitches, reaching for borderline wild pitches, and placing himself in the right place to get throws from the OF.
                      The Mets would be so lucky to have a backup catcher like that.

Ended in a 5-5 tie. Asdrubal played several innings. Soto will be annoying Met fans for a long time.
                      All in all a fun night because we got to watch baseball.

Tomorrow Port St Lucie.

Yeah, Springer's being a real trooper. I understand the boos, but good for him that he's bucking up and playing baseball.

Sorry to hear it was so chilly. That's indeed unexpectedly cold for ST.

Let's go Mets tomorrow!
                      Put it in the books.

Comment

Mets-Cards today at Port St Lucie. The renovated Clover Park is well done. When I get back to NY I’ll try and post photos. The outside area is beautiful and the WTC steel piece memorial is appreciated and poignant. Inside are wider concourses and some more picnic-type seating with views of the field. Good job.

Mets won 3-2. Well pitched game on both sides. Good to see Nimmo play. Gimenez homered. Kid looks good in the field too. Tebow is a scary scary fielder and extended the game after muffing the potential last out of the game.

A relaxed atmosphere in which to spend an afternoon rooting for some young players I’ve never heard of with Mets on their uniform.

Comment

IMG_4240.jpgIMG_4242.jpg

Comment

IMG_4243.jpg

Comment

IMG_4248.jpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X