Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that the perception is that fans do not like ties, which is why the NFL made them unlikely by adding a semi-overtime decades ago, and why the NHL gave them up for a ridiculous 3 on 3 overtime followed by an even more absurd shootout. Fun to watch, yes, but a poor way to decide games. Also, limiting games to nine innings would mean more substitutions, including more pitching changes - just what we need - because you can't run out of relievers. I don't think that this idea will gain traction, nor the runner on base thing, but the DH will stick.

The whole thing smacks of a glorified exhibition season anyway so it's a good time to try out new stuff.

Has anything been announced regarding where these sixty-game schedules are going to take place? How ironic that the safest area now appears to be here rather than Florida or Arizona.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister B. View Post
      I think that the perception is that fans do not like ties, which is why the NFL made them unlikely by adding a semi-overtime decades ago, and why the NHL gave them up for a ridiculous 3 on 3 overtime followed by an even more absurd shootout. Fun to watch, yes, but a poor way to decide games. Also, limiting games to nine innings would mean more substitutions, including more pitching changes - just what we need - because you can't run out of relievers. I don't think that this idea will gain traction, nor the runner on base thing, but the DH will stick.

The whole thing smacks of a glorified exhibition season anyway so it's a good time to try out new stuff.

Has anything been announced regarding where these sixty-game schedules are going to take place? How ironic that the safest area now appears to be here rather than Florida or Arizona.
      I think, as of today, the reason it’s 40 games in division and 20 games against AL East in Mets case is to reduce travel. That appears to me that 30 games at Citi and 30 games away, all in the Eastern time zone.

Comment

• The Mets have signed first-round pick Pete Crow-Armstrong, Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com tweets. He’ll earn the full slot value of his selection, No. 19, with a $3,359,000 bonus.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...armstrong.html
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Mets Announce Initial 60-Man Player Pool
          https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...ayer-pool.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
            Mets Announce Initial 60-Man Player Pool
            https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...ayer-pool.html
            Jed Lowrie and Yoenis Cespedes?

Comment

• The Mets’ signing spree continued Monday with the additions of outfielder Melky Cabrera, infielder Gordon Beckham and right-hander Erasmo Ramirez. All three have been announced by the club, and all are “expected” to be added to the 60-man player pool, according to the team. They join earlier signees Hunter Strickland and Ryan Cordell in that regard.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...n-beckham.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                The Mets’ signing spree continued Monday with the additions of outfielder Melky Cabrera, infielder Gordon Beckham and right-hander Erasmo Ramirez. All three have been announced by the club, and all are “expected” to be added to the 60-man player pool, according to the team. They join earlier signees Hunter Strickland and Ryan Cordell in that regard.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...n-beckham.html

Melky as a back up bat/occasional DH ain't bad. Remember, the team is prepping for a season that will look more like a tournament than a season. Don't think in 162 game standards. Plus, they need lots of over the hill veterans to round out their minor league system.

Comment

• So far, 2 Nats and a D-back has opted out of playing this year. I don't blame them and many more will follow. Operations have barely gotten underway and already people in multiple organizations are testing positive. Playing this year is a bad idea and there is very little chance the season will last more than 20-30 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                    So far, 2 Nats and a D-back has opted out of playing this year. I don't blame them and many more will follow. Operations have barely gotten underway and already people in multiple organizations are testing positive. Playing this year is a bad idea and there is very little chance the season will last more than 20-30 days.
                    The few names that opted not to play really open the door for some unknowns to get a shot. Everybody has to do what the feel is best for them and their family. I seriously doubt the players are afraid for their own health in regards to the virus. I get they may be afraid to carry it to others at home.

Crazy year that would have been easier to throw in the towel and say forget it, but no matter when you re-start there will be issues.

If it lasts a week I am glad they gave it a shot.
                    Last edited by Paulypal; 06-30-2020, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• We should have a betting pool for the first Met to catch the Novel Corona Virus.

I pick Jed Lowrie.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                        We should have a betting pool for the first Met to catch the Novel Corona Virus.

I pick Jed Lowrie.
                        Cespedes and i'll give odds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Cespedes and i'll give odds.
                          Cespedes will be around for the first day of play, to collect his "Opening Day" bonus. I'll give you odds on that.

Lowrie's different. He's a mystery. The club was hush-hush about what was wrong with him last year.. All we know is, his whole left side was affected. We now know Covid19 causes strokes, and Lowrie's debilitated left side would be an obvious symptom. Perhaps the Chinese are right, the virus began here, and Lowrie was Patient Zero. We already know, the Mets' trainer's room is like a combination of a Petri Dish and the Bermuda Triangle. Would anyone be surprised?

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Cespedes will be around for the first day of play, to collect his "Opening Day" bonus. I'll give you odds on that.

Lowrie's different. He's a mystery. The club was hush-hush about what was wrong with him last year.. All we know is, his whole left side was affected. We now know Covid19 causes strokes, and Lowrie's debilitated left side would be an obvious symptom. Perhaps the Chinese are right, the virus began here, and Lowrie was Patient Zero. We already know, the Mets' trainer's room is like a combination of a Petri Dish and the Bermuda Triangle. Would anyone be surprised?
                            Surprised? No

I still got my money Yeonis. He has had his own mystery injuries so this is going to be quite the competition.

Comment

We should have a betting pool for the first Met to catch the Novel Corona Virus.

I pick Jed Lowrie.
                              Lowrie will stub his toe walking onto the field on opening day and miss the rest of the season. Cespedes needs another big contract to support his lavish lifestyle, so I'll go with Steven Matz.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Melky as a back up bat/occasional DH ain't bad. Remember, the team is prepping for a season that will look more like a tournament than a season. Don't think in 162 game standards. Plus, they need lots of over the hill veterans to round out their minor league system.
                                Sounds like the presence of a DH in the NL increased the Mets' interest in Melky Cabrera, who didn't get a minor league deal with any team over the winter. The Mets worked Cabrera out in March and signed him yesterday. Brodie Van Wagenen called him "a perfect fit for us."

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...19606947475458

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X