• Show
Clear All

The Mets will finish 38-45

Alonso will hit 19 homers
    deGrom 7-4 2.98 ERA
    Conforto will also hit 19 homers
    McNeil will hit .304

Met sale is finalized between Thanksgiving and Christmas

Nats win the division, and go back to the WS.

Yanks win the WS

NL MVP - Soto
    AL MVP - Stanton.....lets go crazy while we are at it

NL CYA - Walker Buehler
    AL CYA - Gerrit Cole

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

That would be the quickest recovery time in TJS history - 4 months - lets hope that is what happens
      Reread it. Noah will miss four weeks of a regular season. If no baseball this season that puts him at right around May 1, 2021. If baseball this season- it is not a regular season.

Comment

If there is a season this year, it will be 20-30 games and someone will hit .500 for the season for the first time in MLB history.

Comment

The Mets will finish 38-45

Alonso will hit 19 homers
          deGrom 7-4 2.98 ERA
          Conforto will also hit 19 homers
          McNeil will hit .304

Met sale is finalized between Thanksgiving and Christmas

Nats win the division, and go back to the WS.

Yanks win the WS

NL MVP - Soto
          AL MVP - Stanton.....lets go crazy while we are at it

NL CYA - Walker Buehler
          AL CYA - Gerrit Cole
          On March 14th in the Ownership thread I wrote this might push a sale of the team sooner rather than later. You replied you believe the opposite. What changed your mind? I still believe this will push the sale of the team. Possibly still wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
            If there is a season this year, it will be 20-30 games and someone will hit .500 for the season for the first time in MLB history.
            Well the 7 innings doubleheader concept caught my eye. Double up on games and not refund full or partial season ticket holders money. Sounds plausible when you think of it like that. But on a nice summer day I'd love to spend time with my son watching two games at Citi Field.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Well the 7 innings doubleheader concept caught my eye. Double up on games and not refund full or partial season ticket holders money. Sounds plausible when you think of it like that. But on a nice summer day I'd love to spend time with my son watching two games at Citi Field.
              Man, if the games end up only being 7 innings long, the Mets might go undefeated! That means no Diaz or Familia needed and at least 30 more wins for the team.

Comment

On March 14th in the Ownership thread I wrote this might push a sale of the team sooner rather than later. You replied you believe the opposite. What changed your mind? I still believe this will push the sale of the team. Possibly still wishful thinking on my part.
                My mind didnt change. The sale will not happen now. It will happen over the summer and be finalized by year end.

You said now was the time to buy - on 3/14 - I said nobody is parting with that money right now. Still believe that. In a few months we will be looking at a different scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Man, if the games end up only being 7 innings long, the Mets might go undefeated! That means no Diaz or Familia needed and at least 30 more wins for the team.
                  When you put it that way, where can we sign up for mandatory 7 inning doubleheaders?

Comment

My mind didnt change. The sale will not happen now. It will happen over the summer and be finalized by year end.

You said now was the time to buy - on 3/14 - I said nobody is parting with that money right now. Still believe that. In a few months we will be looking at a different scenario.
                    My apologies. It seems like you changed your mind. But I never said now was the time to buy.

3/14-I typed sooner rather than later. This might push the sale of the team. You 3/14- I believe the opposite.
                    3/15- It will be interesting to see who owns the team at the end of the season. You 3/15- I think you are thinking in a very short sighted manner to rush the sale from your point of view.

Regardless I'm optimistic this unfortunate situation the country is in will move along a change of ownership. Sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.
                    Last edited by LI METS FAN; 03-27-2020, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Most of the posts from the past few days in the Offseason thread have been moved here.
                      Put it in the books.

Comment

My apologies. It seems like you changed your mind. But I never said now was the time to buy.

3/14-I typed sooner rather than later. This might push the sale of the team. You 3/14- I believe the opposite.
                        3/15- It will be interesting to see who owns the team at the end of the season. You 3/15- I think you are thinking in a very short sighted manner to rush the sale from your point of view.

Regardless I'm optimistic this unfortunate situation the country is in will move along a change of ownership. Sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.
                        Well we both agree that sooner rather than later.

Comment

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that Major League Baseball is considering expanding from 10 to 14 playoff teams for this season.

Good year to try the new format out I guess being that this year is going to be a mess anyway.

Comment

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that Major League Baseball is considering expanding from 10 to 14 playoff teams for this season.

Good year to try the new format out I guess being that this year is going to be a mess anyway.
                            They should just do what soccer does and relegate the 2 last place teams in each division to the minors and let everyone else play in a tournament at the end of the season.

Comment

Well if virtually 1/2 the teams make the playoffs assuming there is a season I’m thinking it’s in order to refund less money to STHers. Instead of 81 home games they’ll be 50 and the 30 home games won’t be refunded. Credited to your playoff tickets instead. Smaller refund.

Comment

They're running the Post-9/11 Game tonight on ESPN, they'll be running historic games every Tuesday for the duration of coronavirus, starting with this one.
                                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X