Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
    Pedro
    Maine
    Perez
    El Duque
    (vacant)

El Duque might move to the pen.
    Too many holes in the Rotation.
    Pedro is an enigma. El Duque, missed more games than he pitches.
    Perez, I like him but he tends to disappear at times. Maine, I like this guy.

So you only truly have 2 Starters. Why don't the Mets start Heilman?
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

"Why don't the Mets start Heilman?"

Because truthfully, he's a headcase who lacks the talent and repertoire (only two pitches...fastball and changeup...for whatever reason, he doesn't WANT to throw breaking pitches) to be a starter.
      "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
      -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
        Too many holes in the Rotation.
        Pedro is an enigma. El Duque, missed more games than he pitches.
        Perez, I like him but he tends to disappear at times. Maine, I like this guy.

So you only truly have 2 Starters. Why don't the Mets start Heilman?
        Pedro, Maine, and Perez are fine. Maine and Perez will probably improve a bit. They just need to pitch more innings and have fewer blow up games. Pedro is Pedro. He'll pitch great but will probably miss some starts. He could have come back sooner than he did. The time off was refreshing for his whole body, not just his shoulder.

They'll likely get Livan Hernandez to be the 5th starter/innings eater. They can't go into next season with just Livan as the only SP acquisition.
        "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
          Pedro
          Maine
          Perez
          El Duque
          (vacant)

El Duque might move to the pen.

Putting a stud at the top of that list sure changes things eh?

Comment

To answer the title:

No

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X