replied
    Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
    Pedro
    Maine
    Perez
    El Duque
    (vacant)

El Duque might move to the pen.

Putting a stud at the top of that list sure changes things eh?

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
    Too many holes in the Rotation.
    Pedro is an enigma. El Duque, missed more games than he pitches.
    Perez, I like him but he tends to disappear at times. Maine, I like this guy.

So you only truly have 2 Starters. Why don't the Mets start Heilman?
    Pedro, Maine, and Perez are fine. Maine and Perez will probably improve a bit. They just need to pitch more innings and have fewer blow up games. Pedro is Pedro. He'll pitch great but will probably miss some starts. He could have come back sooner than he did. The time off was refreshing for his whole body, not just his shoulder.

They'll likely get Livan Hernandez to be the 5th starter/innings eater. They can't go into next season with just Livan as the only SP acquisition.

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    "Why don't the Mets start Heilman?"

Because truthfully, he's a headcase who lacks the talent and repertoire (only two pitches...fastball and changeup...for whatever reason, he doesn't WANT to throw breaking pitches) to be a starter.

Leave a comment:

• TonyStarks
    replied
    Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
    Pedro
    Maine
    Perez
    El Duque
    (vacant)

Too many holes in the Rotation.
    Pedro is an enigma. El Duque, missed more games than he pitches.
    Perez, I like him but he tends to disappear at times. Maine, I like this guy.

So you only truly have 2 Starters. Why don't the Mets start Heilman?

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    Pedro
    Maine
    Perez
    El Duque
    (vacant)

Leave a comment:

• TonyStarks
    replied
    What is the Starting Rotation for the Mets going into '08?

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    Or where to hide the sandpaper. The Mets do need to teach the splitfinger. Maine would benefit from one as well.

Leave a comment:

• LostMet
    replied
    A friend of mine ahd a good idea. Maybe the Mets should ask Mike Scott to show Pelfrey how to throw the split finger. Scott had similar stuff to Pelfrey and it worked great for him. Pelfrey needs another out pitch. It could turn Pelfrey into the pitcher we hoped he would be.

Leave a comment:

• RubyLegs
    replied
    anythings possible. Pelfrey could become the pitcher we all expect him to be, Maine and Perez could have good years, Pedro could stay healthy all season.

But Will that happen? I'm not sure, and I wouldn't bank on it.

If it works out, Omar looks like a genius, if it doesn't, there will be fans upon fans calling for his head.

I call for El Duque to go to the pen and be a long man. the past 2 years when the Mets really needed him (and the main reason they got him because of his reputation), hes gotten hurt and really screwed them over.

Leave a comment:

• moebarguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Zig Tyko
    Re. Blanton. His most important stat is "W." When and if we get him, you'll enjoy watching someone who does what it takes to win... If Shawn Green has value, so does Delgado.
    I don't see teams lining up for Green's services...

Leave a comment:

• LA Mets Fan
    replied
    I believe if the Mets don't get a #1 or #2 pitcher along with inning eater they may very well miss the playoffs again. Both Phillies and Braves solidified their pitching and in order to keep up with them Mets need to get better with SP and bullpen. At this point I don't feel our team has the talents to land Santana or Haren but maybe Omar will surprise us.

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    Wins are the worst way to judge a pitcher. Blanton is just a younger and slightly better version of Livan Hernandez.

Delgado has no value. His career is on the endangered list, will probably be extinct by the end of the season. His attitude is unwelcomed in any clubhouse and that big salary is not helping.

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    Edit: Double Post

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
    "the only good guy on Detroit is Verlander and he's not going anywhere."

As a Tiger fan, I believe that's bull...Bonderman's collapse late in the season doesn't mean he's an awful pitcher. Nate Robertson is also at least servicable, save for that one awful stretch he had last year.
    Bonderman has bad mechanics and isn't an ace. Robertson is a #4.

Originally posted by Ralph Zig Tyko
    There's not a Tigre in their starting rotation who couldn't solidify ours... Blanton is a winner. He finds a way... Weaver could be had for Delgado and Gomez and I'd do that in a flash.
    There are better options than the guys the Tigers have. Blanton isn't great. He barely strikes out 100 guys and pitches around 250. He's not the dominant ace they need. Weaver won't go anywhere and we won't trade Gomez for him. No one wants Delgado. No one. Not one of the 30 teams.
    Last edited by NYMets523; 12-08-2007, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X