2020 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

And tomorrow, Guillorme will be demoted because a guy with a 0.0 WAR is rejoining the team. Can't wait!
    Uhhh you are probably right.

Comment

• Andres Gimenez gets his first MLB HR...right as Gary Cohen predicts Camden Yards would be the perfect place, lol. 5-5.
      "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
        Andres Gimenez gets his first MLB HR...right as Gary Cohen predicts Camden Yards would be the perfect place, lol. 5-5.
        That tie game was nice for a few minutes.
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• On another note -- this Cano guy has a future in this game. I know I have been all over Cano, but since he came up in 2005 I thought he had one of the best swings I have ever seen. I love watching him hit. I felt last year was just an off year.

Quick Cano story -- I dont know if you guys notice the equipment that players wear, but I am a glove junkie. Rawlings Heart of the Hides made of Horween leather--- love them.

I was very good friends with Peter Vinci. I am sure you dont know the name, but he is the owner of Vinci Gloves. He had a few major leaguers wear his gloves including someone that played on the Mets....a pitcher I forget his name. Joakim Soria also wore his gloves.

Cano wore his gloves all through the minors and Pete thought he was finally going to have a breakthrough star wear his glove in the majors. Cano promised he was going to wear it with the Yanks. When Cano got called up "they" forced him to not wear the glove because of the unknown brand. They also told him he couldnt wear the Vinci wristbands.

My friend wasnt really mad at Cano because it wasnt his doing but uhhh so close to huge exposure.

The Met pitcher was Carlos Torres.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
            I don't know what they saw in this guy, whoever he is.
            I guess they saw his 5.87 ERA over the last two years with Texas, and couldn't resist.
            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
              I guess they saw his 5.87 ERA over the last two years with Texas, and couldn't resist.
              The Met brain trust did a side by side comparison of him against Matz and figured he is still nearly 3 runs lower -- he is a must have. Its all about perspective. Shrewd cookie that Brodie Van Wagenen.

Comment

• I was listening to Moose and Maggie on the way home just now and it's being reported that JT Realmuto is unwilling to sign any contract this season because he is convinced that if he goes to free agency, the Mets will outbid any offer the Phillies would bring to the table.

Hey, we can dream...

Comment

• To make room for new roster additions Robinson Chirinos, Todd Frazier and Miguel Castro, the Mets optioned:

-Ariel Jurado
                  -Franklyn Kilome
                  -Ali Sánchez

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...18045701033986

Comment

To make room for new roster additions Robinson Chirinos, Todd Frazier and Miguel Castro, the Mets optioned:

-Ariel Jurado
                    -Franklyn Kilome
                    -Ali Sánchez

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...18045701033986
                    Replacing rubbish with rubbish. This team is dead in the water.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Replacing rubbish with rubbish. This team is dead in the water.
                      Have you ever heard right before someone dies their body rallies for a bit and they actually may feel pretty good?

Well in the Mets case the body ( or in this case the owner/management group) are dying and there is no rally.....it has been a long long trip to flat lining. Lets hope there is a DNR signed, and Cohen takes the ship over.

These two lower life forms have had sole possession of the team since 2002, and were probably calling all the shots since way before that - at least most. From what I read the last thing Doubleday had any say in was signing Piazza which those two lower life forms did not want to.

Point is the body has been in a coma for a very long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Have you ever heard right before someone dies their body rallies for a bit and they actually may feel pretty good?

Well in the Mets case the body ( or in this case the owner/management group) are dying and there is no rally.....it has been a long long trip to flat lining. Lets hope there is a DNR signed, and Cohen takes the ship over.

These two lower life forms have had sole possession of the team since 2002, and were probably calling all the shots since way before that - at least most. From what I read the last thing Doubleday had any say in was signing Piazza which those two lower life forms did not want to.

Point is the body has been in a coma for a very long time.
                        Time to unplug the respirator and let it go...
                        North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Well they traded for Frazier, and Chirinos. It was obviously 4th down and 40 yards to go.....the punt unit was sent out.
                          Pauly..the Bug strikes again!!! There is o stopping this guy..
                          North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

• A few positives today:

--Yet another sign Dave Peterson is a back-end #4/5 starter we desperately need, he's a keeper
                            --Michael Conforto and (not playing today) Dominic Smith have really come into their own this year
                            --Pete Alonso still has his power stroke, at least, hopefully in a full season the average will find its way back up
                            --Andres Gimenez is powering my Rey Ordonez nostalgia; nowhere near that level (yet) but still a great glove, AND he can already hit far better than O-for-Four-Donez
                            "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Mets win!

Comment

Mets win!

They really tried to blow it in the 9th inning, but were not able to make enough defensive blunders to blow the lead. Gary and Ron made light of it with the three ring circus reference.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X