2020 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

Bizarre base running in the game tonight on both sides.
    Yeah, I'm with Keith--what as Billy Hamilton doing stealing third with no one out in that situation?

Oh well, all's well that ends well...good they won it for Tom, and that they won at all at this point, I'm guarded for a season-crushing series vs. the Phillies, but you never know.
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Edwin Diaz 2 IP, 1 BB, 4 K, 0 R. I really don't think dumping him in a trade is the way to go. He is too good to just get rid of and he doesn't need to be the closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
        Edwin Diaz 2 IP, 1 BB, 4 K, 0 R. I really don't think dumping him in a trade is the way to go. He is too good to just get rid of and he doesn't need to be the closer.
        I'd move Diaz to the eighth inning as a setup man for Familia in the ninth. Diaz has shown promise in the eighth and Familia (despite his issues) has been a closer in the past.
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

I'd move Diaz to the eighth inning as a setup man for Familia in the ninth. Diaz has shown promise in the eighth and Familia (despite his issues) has been a closer in the past.
          I'd flip flop them and go with whoever is the hot hand at the moment. Both have demonstrated in the past that they can close games and both are still talented pitchers, even if they have had their moments of extreme suckitude the past couple of years.

Comment

• A day after making his second significant baserunning blunder since joining the Mets, Billy Hamilton has been DFA'd.

Last month, the Mets traded 14th-ranked prospect Jordan Humphreys for Hamilton, who hit .045, stole one base posted -0.2 WAR over 17 games in New York.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...02656689508352

Comment

A day after making his second significant baserunning blunder since joining the Mets, Billy Hamilton has been DFA'd.

Last month, the Mets traded 14th-ranked prospect Jordan Humphreys for Hamilton, who hit .045, stole one base posted -0.2 WAR over 17 games in New York.

Good riddance, Eric Young Jr. Clone.

Comment

A day after making his second significant baserunning blunder since joining the Mets, Billy Hamilton has been DFA'd.

Totally worth it!

/end sarcasm
                Put it in the books.

Comment

• 12 in a row by Porcello. Hope he starts the 7th.

Comment

• Nope. His best game though.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Totally worth it!

/end sarcasm
                      The Bug must have remembered Charlie O signing the Olympic Sprinter who had the job of only stealing bases. He was fairly successful for awhile.. Boy, the Bug can really spot 'em!!
                      North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Diaz is making 5.1 million this year and arbitration eligible for two more years The team will have to make a decision after this year if they think he can be a closer in a Mets uniform. I say no way. If they make him a eight inning guy and he is successful someone will sign him as a FA to be their closer.

The best case scenario with him is to get him to succeed as a seventh or eighth inning guy then trade him once his value is high. Right now or probably even after the season is not the right time.

Comment

• Asked directly if Amed Rosario is still his primary shortstop, Luis Rojas answered that the Mets are "basically using some time playing Giménez as the hot hand."
                          https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...38688131698688

Comment

Asked directly if Amed Rosario is still his primary shortstop, Luis Rojas answered that the Mets are "basically using some time playing Giménez as the hot hand."
                            https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...38688131698688
                            Gimenez deserves it during this crazy season. Please don't get picked off first again like last night on your birthday.

Comment

• The Mets have now gone 19 straight games with their starting pitcher not getting a win. The last time that happened to them was 1980.
                              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                                The Mets have now gone 19 straight games with their starting pitcher not getting a win. The last time that happened to them was 1980.

lol... Sssuper.

I still have to think the 1980 team was worse. I haven't looked, but in how many of those games was the starting pitcher pulled in the first 5 innings because he was really a relief pitcher and couldn't go that long?

As well, there's something to be said for having an ample amount of guys in the pen, as opposed to recent years.

I think the rule prohibiting starters from getting the Win if they don't complete 5 innings is antiquated and should be abolished. Whichever pitcher is in the game when his team scores the winning run should be credited for the W, period.

Btw, today will likely be 20. Rojas has been pulling Lugo before he gets the 15th out, and he already looks as is he doesn't have great stuff.
                                Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X