2020 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
    The Mets plan to activate Steven Matz (left shoulder bursitis) from the injured list "soon," per Luis Rojas. Matz, who has been sidelined since Aug. 30, is throwing a bullpen session today. Could be one of his final steps before returning.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...06494440927238
    Following that report there was a fight at the other teams bat rack.

Comment

• Jacob deGrom getting some decent run support tonight.
      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Jacob deGrom getting some decent run support tonight.
        Sure, on a night they don't need 17 runs to win.

I want the Mets to play against Buffalo more often.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

• Jake wins with a score of 18-1 today and 14-1 the last game he pitched. Probably more runs than they’ve scored for him in his last 10 starts.

Comment

• Mets win 18-1, deGrom gets the win. Save some of these for his next start, guys!

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Mets win 18-1, deGrom gets the win. Save some of these for his next start, guys!

From 14 to 18. Next game Mets score 22 for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

From 14 to 18. Next game Mets score 22 for him.
                I'm going to get greedy and root for 30! Let's get the NL record.

Comment

• Watching deGrom right now, I have never seen him so happy after a start. I think he was thrilled that he actually got run support.

Comment

• The Jets beat the Bills--I mean, the Mets beat the Blue Jays...

To be the pessimist, it's irrational to think so, but I hope they didn't "use up" their runs and hits for the series in one game.

It's telling a "lesser" night for deGrom still means 6 innings, 3 hits, 2 walks, 1 run, and 9 strikeouts.

The Marlins and Phillies are playing tonight and the next several games, and then the Mets face the Phils once more.

This could be the Mets last chance to catch them.
                    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Going into today, 3 of the top 10 batting averages in the NL belong to the Mets:

Conforto, Smith, McNeil.

Am I alone in that I care more about Conforto winning the MVP and deGrom winning a 3rd CYA than the prospect of the Mets maybe making the playoffs as the #8 seed?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                        Going into today, 3 of the top 10 batting averages in the NL belong to the Mets:

Conforto, Smith, McNeil.

Am I alone in that I care more about Conforto winning the MVP and deGrom winning a 3rd CYA than the prospect of the Mets maybe making the playoffs as the #8 seed?
                        Not entirely. There's an impressive scattering of young players on the roster. But the yardstick for excitement remains the early-mid 80s turnaround. Those teams were dramatic, and built to win, not hopefully scrape into a playoff most teams will be in.

I feel badly for any Mets fan that missed them.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

Not entirely. There's an impressive scattering of young players on the roster. But the yardstick for excitement remains the early-mid 80s turnaround. Those teams were dramatic, and built to win, not hopefully scrape into a playoff most teams will be in.

I feel badly for any Mets fan that missed them.
                          Me too. 1983-1990 was a magical time for Mets fans. Even the late 90s/early 2000s teams pale in comparison.

Comment

Me too. 1983-1990 was a magical time for Mets fans. Even the late 90s/early 2000s teams pale in comparison.
                            If the Mets have a "golden era" it was 1983-1990. It really is not close either. The 1999-2000 teams were pretty good but they were not close to those mid 80's teams.

Watching the 1999-2000 team had the full grip of the Wilpons and were lacking in areas. If you recall (I am sure you do) they had Agbayani, Perez, and Payton in the OF. Still not sure how they went to the WS. The mid 80's teams were just so much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

They wasted Endy's.
                              Before my time as a Mets fan but yeah, that must have been hard to swallow.
                              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Going into today, 3 of the top 10 batting averages in the NL belong to the Mets:

Conforto, Smith, McNeil.

I'll always root for another Cy Young for deGrom. And that would put the Mets franchise into second place all time for Cy Young Awards after Brooklyn/LA. They are in second place now but at a tie.
                                Conforto may be in the top 10 in votes for MVP but hard to wrestle from Freddie Freeman or Fernando Tatis, especially since they're both on superior teams. The playoffs this year are so odd it would be interesting to be in them, if for no other reason then to see more games played.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X