No announcement yet.

2020 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lugo- unassisted out at third. He does it all.

Comment

• Nice night from Rosario. 3 hits so far.

Lets see if they can put a rally together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
        Nice night from Rosario. 3 hits so far.

Lets see if they can put a rally together.
        Mets lose 3-2, Rosario picked off of first to end the game.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

Mets lose 3-2, Rosario picked off of first to end the game.

Tough way to end a good game for Rosario.

Comment

• Wouldn't ya know it--won by 17 runs last night, lost by 1 run tonight.

That's baseball for you.

If or (increasingly) when the Mets miss out on the final couple playoff spots, games like this are going to haunt them.
            "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Mets lose 7-3, Brad Brach and Jared Hughes walked the first four batters in the sixth.

Comment

• Jeff McNeil left the game Sunday with what a team official called "some gastrointestinal discomfort," but the bigger problem for the Mets was the kind of runs crossing the plate.

https://twitter.com/timbhealey/statu...08871167217664

Comment

• Cohen may be signing the contract as i write this.

1st order of business. Bring in a professional, experienced management staff to include a new manager. Hopefully the days of the Mets being a place to get on the job training will be gone.

Comment

Jeff McNeil left the game Sunday with what a team official called "some gastrointestinal discomfort," but the bigger problem for the Mets was the kind of runs crossing the plate.

https://twitter.com/timbhealey/statu...08871167217664
                    Actually the bigger problem may be is that stomach issues have become more prevalent Covid symptoms as the virus has evolved. Not saying it is but my wife has told me that stomach issues have become more common place with covid patients.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                      Cohen may be signing the contract as i write this.

1st order of business. Bring in a professional, experienced management staff to include a new manager. Hopefully the days of the Mets being a place to get on the job training will be gone.
                      I will be glad when BVW and Rojas are asked to leave. Seems unfair in regards to Rojas but his benching all lefties against left handed pitching to me is absurd and if that is his style - he can go too.

Cohen is apparently into analytics so he needs a "new school" GM and let him run the show. Too bad Theo is signed through 2021 because that guy won with Sox and the Cubs -- he can deliver.

Regardless Cohen needs to make those type of good decisions.

Comment

I will be glad when BVW and Rojas are asked to leave. Seems unfair in regards to Rojas but his benching all lefties against left handed pitching to me is absurd and if that is his style - he can go too.

Cohen is apparently into analytics so he needs a "new school" GM and let him run the show. Too bad Theo is signed through 2021 because that guy won with Sox and the Cubs -- he can deliver.

Regardless Cohen needs to make those type of good decisions.
                        Ben Cherington would have been my pick for Mets GM except for the fact he got hired by the Pittsburgh Pirates last year.

Comment

• https://www.sny.tv/articles/memo-to-...for-many-years

I disagree with Martino on this. I expect Cohen to hire a GM and to let the GM tell him who his manager is. Logic, not dysfunction.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                            https://www.sny.tv/articles/memo-to-...for-many-years

I disagree with Martino on this. I expect Cohen to hire a GM and to let the GM tell him who his manager is. Logic, not dysfunction.
                            Martino makes a few asinine statements in that article -- most notably - Simply put, Rojas is a special manager who has already earned the right to lead the team for many years.

Why is he special? What has he done to earn the right to lead for many years?

I can dispute every one of Martino's arguments for Rojas to be the manager. Maybe he can be bench coach but the team is going to need a manager.

Martino's thought process is absurd.

The players love him? Who cares? -- they Mets are a losing organization - the objective is to win, not to huddle around the camp fire and sing Kumbaya. If they win and they love the manager terrific - all the better, but players "loving" the manger is meaningless if you are not winning.
                            Last edited by Paulypal; 09-14-2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Ben Cherington would have been my pick for Mets GM except for the fact he got hired by the Pittsburgh Pirates last year.
                              I really wanted Chaim Bloom - Boston was brilliant to hire him to break it down and build it back up. Bloom didnt even want an interview with Jeff because he doesnt want to work for a moron. Bloom is just so much smarter than Jeff when it comes to baseball that the relationship would have been a horrible mistake.

When Boston hits the "go" button and they give that guy a big budget the Sox are going to be very tough. What he did in Tampa is nothing short of amazing.

Cherington is a waste on the Pirates because the ownership group is a disaster.

Comment

Martino makes a few asinine statements in that article -- most notably - Simply put, Rojas is a special manager who has already earned the right to lead the team for many years.

Why is he special? What has he done to earn the right to lead for many years?

I can dispute every one of Martino's arguments for Rojas to be the manager. Maybe he can be bench coach but the team is going to need a manager.

Martino's thought process is absurd.

The players love him? Who cares? -- they Mets are a losing organization - the objective is to win, not to huddle around the camp fire and sing Kumbaya. If they win and they love the manager terrific - all the better, but players "loving" the manger is meaningless if you are not winning.
                                I here you. I think Martino is playing politician. Kiss ass and when he needs a favor (scoop on story, better access) Rojas owes him one. Everybody has an angle!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X