No announcement yet.

2020 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear the Mets are just allergic to taking advantage of opportunities or avoiding dumb mistakes...inning after inning, game after game...
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Mets lose 4-1, tried to make it interesting, left 12 on base.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• 11 hits, 12 men left on base--1 run.

This team has a Cy Young and MVP Candidate--6 games under .500 and essentially dead.

The Mets raise failure to an art form--a Jackson Pollock splatter mess of a season.
        "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• This is the result I get when I Google "why are..."

Screenshot_20200809-170605_Google.jpg

You cannot make this stuff up.
          Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post
            This is the result I get when I Google "why are..."

I'll be honest--the Aquarius result bothers me more...at least the Mets are real...ooooooh the failure is all too real, but still.

Comment

• It seems every year something else goes wrong. One year they have great SP and a bad offense, other years a bad pen and this year they finally have a great offense and a solid pen and then the SP falters.
              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                This is the result I get when I Google "why are..."

Well, my ears are ringing, and my ankles are swollen.

And the Mets are bad. It's part of life.
                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Steven Matz might start this weekend against the Braves, Luis Rojas said.
                  https://twitter.com/timbhealey/statu...29695768719360

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                    Steven Matz might start this weekend against the Braves, Luis Rojas said.
                    https://twitter.com/timbhealey/statu...29695768719360

Since they are punting the season anyway, Rojas should be playing mostly guys from the practice squad to see if there's anything there.

Comment

• This is not good tonight

Comment

• deGrom must be hurt, Michael Wacha has come into the game.

Comment

deGrom must be hurt, Michael Wacha has come into the game.

This sucks. If he is done for the season, so am I. There is nothing to root for this season outside of him potentially winning another CYA.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

This sucks. If he is done for the season, so am I. There is nothing to root for this season outside of him potentially winning another CYA.
                            Jacob deGrom left tonight's game due to a right hamstring "spasm," the Mets announced to their broadcast partners.
                            https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...90448332836868

Comment

Jacob deGrom left tonight's game due to a right hamstring "spasm," the Mets announced to their broadcast partners.
                              https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...90448332836868
                              It is a meaningless season. They might as well shut him down so it doesn't turn into a tear.

Comment

• Mets come from behind to win 5-4, baserunning still terrible though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X