Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Forget it, it's 8-0 in the 4th and RBG has died at 87, I'm done with this tonight...
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

    Comment


    • Guillorme had a better ERA than Kilome, too.


      "The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

      Comment


      • Todd Frazier pitches a clean inning!

        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

        Comment


        • Pitching and defense. I think we had this discussion earlier in the season. I know Cano is a great hitter and probable HOF but he has to get in front of that ball in the 1st inning. Inexcusable for a veteran player.

          I would not be surprised if we find out Matz has an injury once this season is over.

          The Mets are playing out the string at this point. Very disappointing to not make the playoffs that is rewarding mediocrity. Oh well, but they have already had the biggest offseason acquisition, Cohen!!

          Comment


          • Well I am officially not a NY'er any longer. Posting this from my new living room. The last week has been insane (for me), but anyway back now to post on what has become a disaster of a season.

            53% of the teams are making the playoffs and the Mets still are not going to make it. Boggles the mind how bad this thing is. I really have paid attention much this past week but I saw some scores and it wasnt good.

            The Mets have a handful of players that I consider building blocks. McNeil has proven he is a keeper, as has Conforto, Nimmo, Gimenez, Smith, and deGrom.

            No I didnt forget about Alonso, but I am not going to call him a building block player just yet. I am not saying trade him or anything like that but we still dont know what he is yet. 2021 will be an important year for him.

            Rosario has raised his BA to .266 at this point - hopefully that makes him tradeable.

            This whole Cohen thing gives hope.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
              Well I am officially not a NY'er any longer. Posting this from my new living room. The last week has been insane (for me), but anyway back now to post on what has become a disaster of a season.

              53% of the teams are making the playoffs and the Mets still are not going to make it. Boggles the mind how bad this thing is. I really have paid attention much this past week but I saw some scores and it wasnt good.

              The Mets have a handful of players that I consider building blocks. McNeil has proven he is a keeper, as has Conforto, Nimmo, Gimenez, Smith, and deGrom.

              No I didnt forget about Alonso, but I am not going to call him a building block player just yet. I am not saying trade him or anything like that but we still dont know what he is yet. 2021 will be an important year for him.

              Rosario has raised his BA to .266 at this point - hopefully that makes him tradeable.

              This whole Cohen thing gives hope.

              Congratulations on your new home.

              I was one of the pessimists here and predicted 24-36. Doesn't look like I'm going to miss by much.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                Well I am officially not a NY'er any longer. Posting this from my new living room. The last week has been insane (for me), but anyway back now to post on what has become a disaster of a season.

                53% of the teams are making the playoffs and the Mets still are not going to make it. Boggles the mind how bad this thing is. I really have paid attention much this past week but I saw some scores and it wasnt good.

                The Mets have a handful of players that I consider building blocks. McNeil has proven he is a keeper, as has Conforto, Nimmo, Gimenez, Smith, and deGrom.

                No I didnt forget about Alonso, but I am not going to call him a building block player just yet. I am not saying trade him or anything like that but we still dont know what he is yet. 2021 will be an important year for him.

                Rosario has raised his BA to .266 at this point - hopefully that makes him tradeable.

                This whole Cohen thing gives hope.
                Well now you’ll be rooting for the Pirates or Reds? Or maybe a good team like the Rays. Or you’ll be a transplant like my cousin in Alabama with amazing college sports and still wears his Penn State sweatshirt around town. He gets some interesting comments though.

                Comment


                • Roster move: The Mets, ever in need of long relief, activated Corey Oswalt from the injured list and optioned Franklyn Kilome.
                  https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...06267850387463

                  Deck chairs on the Titanic
                  The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                    Well I am officially not a NY'er any longer. Posting this from my new living room. The last week has been insane (for me), but anyway back now to post on what has become a disaster of a season.

                    53% of the teams are making the playoffs and the Mets still are not going to make it. Boggles the mind how bad this thing is. I really have paid attention much this past week but I saw some scores and it wasnt good.

                    The Mets have a handful of players that I consider building blocks. McNeil has proven he is a keeper, as has Conforto, Nimmo, Gimenez, Smith, and deGrom.

                    No I didnt forget about Alonso, but I am not going to call him a building block player just yet. I am not saying trade him or anything like that but we still dont know what he is yet. 2021 will be an important year for him.

                    Rosario has raised his BA to .266 at this point - hopefully that makes him tradeable.

                    This whole Cohen thing gives hope.
                    Congrats on the move. Enjoy spending your tax savings.

                    It has become obvious that Dom looks like the superior all around player to Alonso. Lets keep in mind that sixty games are a small sampling I would be hesitant to make any personnel decisions on the performance of players solely on this season.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

                      Well now you’ll be rooting for the Pirates or Reds? Or maybe a good team like the Rays. Or you’ll be a transplant like my cousin in Alabama with amazing college sports and still wears his Penn State sweatshirt around town. He gets some interesting comments though.
                      Nah - I already have the MLB Ticket. I cant go without the Mets / Yanks. (watching the Mets as I type this) Where I am is Pirate country so those fans cant say much. Unfortunately I am also a Jets fan and I am in Steelers country - so I keep my head low on Sundays. LOL
                      Last edited by Paulypal; 09-19-2020, 07:57 PM.

                      Comment


                      • A nice outing by Peterson. Very nice.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mister B. View Post


                          Congratulations on your new home.

                          I was one of the pessimists here and predicted 24-36. Doesn't look like I'm going to miss by much.
                          Thank you - so far so good.

                          I really thought they would compete for the playoffs and make the post season by being a bit over .500. Oooops.

                          Good call by you though

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by paulypal View Post

                            nah - i already have the mlb ticket. I cant go without the mets / yanks. (watching the mets as i type this) where i am is pirate country so those fans cant say much. Unfortunately i am also a jets fan and i am in stealers country - so i keep my head low on sundays. Lol
                            lol.......
                            Put it in the books.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

                              Congrats on the move. Enjoy spending your tax savings.
                              My sentiments exactly.
                              Put it in the books.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

                                Nah - I already have the MLB Ticket. I cant go without the Mets / Yanks. (watching the Mets as I type this) Where I am is Pirate country so those fans cant say much. Unfortunately I am also a Jets fan and I am in Stealers country - so I keep my head low on Sundays. LOL
                                Steelers and don’t forget the Penguins. Or Stillers as they say. And jeetjet? One of my favorites.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X