2020 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

Congrats on the move. Enjoy spending your tax savings.

It has become obvious that Dom looks like the superior all around player to Alonso. Lets keep in mind that sixty games are a small sampling I would be hesitant to make any personnel decisions on the performance of players solely on this season.
    Thank you. Just a good all around move -- working remotely keeping my NY job. Its a no brainer.............which is right up my alley. LOL

I agree about Dom. I dont want to label Alonso but he has a lot of Kingman in him. Homers, low average, tons of K's. I hope he is more than that, but that is my early assessment.

I much rather have Dom up than Alonso in any situation.

Not a knock on Pete - I still like having him on the team and their is a place for the big power source. Hopefully he develops into more.
    Last edited by Paulypal; 09-19-2020, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Steelers and don’t forget the Penguins. Or Stillers as they say. And jeetjet? One of my favorites.
      One of the bigger adjustments is that baseball takes a backseat to football here. In NY if you listen to WFAN regardless of how good or bad the Giants/Jets are they take baseball calls in December and January. No biggie though

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

One of the bigger adjustments is that baseball takes a backseat to football here. In NY if you listen to WFAN regardless of how good or bad the Giants/Jets are they take baseball calls in December and January. No biggie though
        I know. My western PA family thinks there’s Steelers football season and Penn State football season followed by offseason football season followed by pre-season football season. And the draft of course.

Comment

• Smith goes boom

Comment

• Next up Robbie

Comment

• Cano goes boom

Geez that swing is sweet

Comment

• Mets win 7-2, Peterson strikes out ten and Dom Smith homers

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Freddie Freeman, an unusual golden sombrero and ground into double play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                    Mets win 7-2, Peterson strikes out ten and Dom Smith homers

Peterson looked very good tonight. He is going to be one of the those guys that he has to be pinpoint to be very good, and tonight he was. He doesnt have enough of any one pitch to be off and be effective.

Comment

• Ya know (and dont accuse me of being hopeful), the Mets are only a game and a half out of the final playoff spot. With 8 games left that isnt impossible. Now they havent given us any reason to think that a 6-2 run is coming but it isnt impossible either.

Comment

• If they beat the Rays, Braves and defending WC it’d be a miracle. It is what they’re known for but still.....

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                          Freddie Freeman, an unusual golden sombrero and ground into double play.
                          That doesn't even begin to balance the scales, he's been killing the Mets for years. Freddie's my favorite non-Met player, I wish him all the best, as soon as he's out of town.
                          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                            That doesn't even begin to balance the scales, he's been killing the Mets for years. Freddie's my favorite non-Met player, I wish him all the best, as soon as he's out of town.
                            He has a long way to go to replace Larry Chipper Jones as a Met killer but I’ll say he’s off to a great start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                              Ya know (and dont accuse me of being hopeful), the Mets are only a game and a half out of the final playoff spot. With 8 games left that isnt impossible. Now they havent given us any reason to think that a 6-2 run is coming but it isnt impossible either.
                              True but this is still the mini-season version of what we usually deal with - on the outside looking in, trying for a late hot streak to get the second wild card spot. Ugh.

This has all been a blessing in disguise because they can't just sail along for a year and a half with their 86-76 record and think that they're better than they really are, and have little work to do..

Comment

• First Peterson and now Porcello with 10k’s. Heck of a game.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X