Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    I so do not miss the pitcher batting.
    I don’t miss it so far. Peterson’s first career start and first career win. Last Met to do that was Matz five years ago. But Matz also had 3 hits and 4 RBI. Peterson’s bat was quiet

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Me either! I am loving the universal DH. I'd also like to see the teams keep the 30 man roster as a permanent thing. It stinks that they are downsizing in about a week.
      Well we can agree on the DH thing. When I watch I dont even notice the pitcher not hitting. That didnt take very long.

I wouldnt mind seeing a larger roster, but my fear is that teams would load up with 18 pitchers and march a new one out every chance they get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Well we can agree on the DH thing. When I watch I dont even notice the pitcher not hitting. That didnt take very long.

I wouldnt mind seeing a larger roster, but my fear is that teams would load up with 18 pitchers and march a new one out every chance they get.
        30 is doable if they set a limit on how many pitchers a team can carry. The 3 out minimum at least eliminates the 5 pitchers in an inning annoyance we used to see.

Comment

30 is doable if they set a limit on how many pitchers a team can carry. The 3 out minimum at least eliminates the 5 pitchers in an inning annoyance we used to see.
          Very true - I think this year more than any they need a bigger roster. They need to consider leaving it at 30 for 2020.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. All of a sudden, it was the 8th inning of the fifth game of the season when it came in for a landing that the pitcher's spot in the lineup is finally nonexistent. That it's a neverending rotation of 9 actual batters. So refreshing.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

• Jacob deGrom should have won

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Mets lose 6-5, tried to make it interesting in the end, blah blah blah

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Jeff McNeil, JD Davis and Brandon Nimmo are the trifecta of bad fielders. I can see Casey Stengel shaking his head from above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                    Jacob deGrom should have won

How do you figure that? He plays on a team that is defensively challenged. He shouldnt win games that the team is incapable of winning.

On another note it was encouraging to see Alonso put bat on ball.

For an NL team they have way too many DH's. In the off season they needed to get a CF'er - trade JD Davis or rid of Cespedes.

Nimmo would be fine in a corner spot as is Conforto. They needed a CF that could hit his weight and didnt do it. Therefore the whole team suffers.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post

That's what I was thinking. All of a sudden, it was the 8th inning of the fifth game of the season when it came in for a landing that the pitcher's spot in the lineup is finally nonexistent. That it's a neverending rotation of 9 actual batters. So refreshing.
                      I am hoping we never see it again. It is a waste of 1 minute per at bat of my life that I cant get back.

When the whole world was using the DH except for the NL it put pitchers in a very bad position when they had the bat in their hands. It was actually moronic for a very long time.
                      Last edited by Paulypal; 07-30-2020, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                        Jeff McNeil, JD Davis and Brandon Nimmo are the trifecta of bad fielders. I can see Casey Stengel shaking his head from above.
                        They are not good defensively but like I said in the other post - they have too many DH's for a team that up until two weeks ago never had one.

JD Davis should have been traded in a package to acquire a CF'er. Nimmo/Conforto need to player the corner spots.

McNeil was their best defender last year so hopefully its a blip.

Comment

They are not good defensively but like I said in the other post - they have too many DH's for a team that up until two weeks ago never had one.

JD Davis should have been traded in a package to acquire a CF'er. Nimmo/Conforto need to player the corner spots.

McNeil was their best defender last year so hopefully its a blip.
                          Forget the DH. NL can implement Designated Fielders.

Comment

• deGrom has 2 quality starts and is 0-0 with a 1.64 ERA and 253 ERA+. It is truly amazing how the Mets never score runs when he is on the mound.

Comment

deGrom has 2 quality starts and is 0-0 with a 1.64 ERA and 253 ERA+. It is truly amazing how the Mets never score runs when he is on the mound.
                              They mentioned last night that in his 173 career starts I think they said he has 81 games with him giving up 0-1 earned run. The best in history by a wide margin - according to the broadcast.

Comment

They mentioned last night that in his 173 career starts I think they said he has 81 games with him giving up 0-1 earned run. The best in history by a wide margin - according to the broadcast.
                                How crazy is that in terms of (in)validating the opinions of the "experts". Jake was never in the conversation, ever, when we heard about all the powerful starters coming through the system. When he arrived in 2014, it was with Rafael Montero who, we were told, had a higher ceiling.

Montero last pitched for the Mets in 2017 when they were desperate for starters due to injuries; he went 5-11.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X