2020 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister B. View Post

How crazy is that in terms of (in)validating the opinions of the "experts". Jake was never in the conversation, ever, when we heard about all the powerful starters coming through the system. When he arrived in 2014, it was with Rafael Montero who, we were told, had a higher ceiling.

Montero last pitched for the Mets in 2017 when they were desperate for starters due to injuries; he went 5-11.
    Mister B - as we have seen in all sports for as many years as we are watching -- It doesnt matter what sport -- Drafting, and scouting is a big crap shoot. Yes you can put your best guesstimate on it but that is all it is....a guess.

There is no such thing as an expert when it comes to that. Nobody is.

How many 5 tool players did the Mets promise us in the past 25 years. I can still hear the immortal words of GM genius Omar Minaya .. "I wouldnt trade Lastings Milledge for Manny Ramirez".

Ryan Leaf was a cant miss stud QB -- he missed.
    The NBA had Greg Oden in the HOF before he was drafted - injuries derailed that.

deGrom was a huge afterthought. Harvey, Noah, and Montero were all projected to be better....much better.

As of right now deGrom in terms of ERA+ is the best Met pitcher ever with at least 1000 innings. Drafted in the 9th round.

Last edited by Paulypal; 07-30-2020, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Jed Lowrie is suffering from "PCL laxity," per Brodie Van Wagenen.
      https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...20346893193216

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• The Mets have upgraded their charter plane from a Boeing 737 to a 757 to better socially distance en route to Atlanta tonight.

The larger plate is typically only used after rosters expand in September.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...34841334071296

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
          Jed Lowrie is suffering from "PCL laxity," per Brodie Van Wagenen.
          https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...20346893193216
          Put it in the books.

Comment

• Is Dozier this year's Todd Frazier?

Comment

• Watching Steven Matz having his little hissy fits is actually becoming hysterical.

Someone probably told him nobody is every supposed to get a hit off of you.

He will never be good on a game to game basis until he gets that childish behavior under control. Until then I look forward to the next tantrum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                Watching Steven Matz having his little hissy fits is actually becoming hysterical.

Someone probably told him nobody is every supposed to get a hit off of you.

He will never be good on a game to game basis until he gets that childish behavior under control. Until then I look forward to the next tantrum.
                He will never have the coolness deGrom has and it isn't something that can be taught.

Comment

• Honestly, I think the Mets have been very impressive. They have not caught a break in the last two games, but there just seems to be a tremendous amount of talent on this team.
                  https://twitter.com/billjamesonline/...00488525062147

Comment

• Is it possible going from #4 or 5 in the rotation to #2 (behind deGrom of all people) is having some psychological effects?
                    Put it in the books.

Comment

• Drew Smith, small sample size, looks impressive after TJS.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                        Drew Smith, small sample size, looks impressive after TJS.
                        and on the flip side of that, Diaz just looks terrible.

Comment

• Ugh. Diaz blows! I'm turning off the game now.

Comment

• Edwin Diaz:

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                              Is it possible going from #4 or 5 in the rotation to #2 (behind deGrom of all people) is having some psychological effects?
                              No - I dont think so. He has always been a child on the mound. I just figured it would disappear as he matured as a player. He hasnt and it will hold him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

He will never have the coolness deGrom has and it isn't something that can be taught.
                                Forget deGrom he doesnt have any composure at all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X