X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue387
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Mariano Rivera also came up as a starter.
    7/4/95: Yankees pitcher Mariano Rivera records 11 strikeouts over eight shutout innings against the White Sox.

Leave a comment:

• rjsallstars
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Familia was a starter all through the minors for whatever that is worth.

Leave a comment:

• jjpm74
    replied
    Originally posted by redban View Post

I disagree. He came up as a starter, it’s the role he wants. As a reliever, he has major limitations, such as the inability to pitch back-to-back days. The bullpen is where he is playing out of position.

Leave a comment:

• redban
    replied
    Originally posted by milladrive View Post

I don't. He is clearly not a starter. I'm not sure why people are so keen on taking the most reliable pitcher in the pen and messing with him. He's out of his element and his performance has been extremely lacking as a result.

In my opinion, having Lugo start is the same as playing him out of position. He'll do it, but it's better he doesn't.
    I disagree. He came up as a starter, it’s the role he wants. As a reliever, he has major limitations, such as the inability to pitch back-to-back days. The bullpen is where he is playing out of position.

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied

I've been thinking that myself of late. Today is appropriate punctuation, but I think the way this whole sloppy truncated season has played out is fitting.

I could see this team losing 95-100 games. Thankfully, we'll never know.
    I actually just turned the game on with 2 outs in the 9th as I didnt even realize it was still on.

I want to see the last out of the season -- and the last out of what is going to be the worst ownership group that they hopefully ever have.

Frazier K's and that ends that.

Good riddance Fred and Jeff you two POS's. Dont let the door hit you where Satan split you.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Mets lose 15-5, the season is over.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    A fitting end to the Wilpon Era.
    I've been thinking that myself of late. Today is appropriate punctuation, but I think the way this whole sloppy truncated season has played out is fitting.

I could see this team losing 95-100 games. Thankfully, we'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    My take on 2020 season, now that's it's basically done:

1). I didn't have as much interest in the season as I did last year. I didn't post on this site as much as last year. I think it's the late start to the season, the short 60-game sample, the regional matchups, the player opt-outs.

2). I did not like the playoff format. Mets are 7 games under .500, yet they didn't get eliminated until the end of the season. I know MLB wants to create excitement by having many teams in there, but teams have to be good to play meaningful baseball late in the season. No below-.500 team should be fighting for playoffs, ever.

3). Good bounce-back years for Cano and Edwin Diaz. I wonder if the shortened season can affect Cano's 3000 hit chase. This season cost him about 100-130 hits.

4). I like Lugo in the starting rotation over bullpen. A 120 ERA+ starter is more valuable than a 160 ERA+ reliever.

5). While everyone was raving about Alonso for having one good year, I said that they should be cautious. Baseball is full of one-year wonders. This year, Alonso was basically Adam Dunn. Mets should obviously give him more shots, but they also should be willing to accept that Dom Smith, not Alonso, is going to be the main hitter on the team.

6). I'm fine with Luis Rojas. I didn't notice him too much, which is usually a good sign that a manager hasn't messed up.

Let's hope 2021 is better
    I feel the same way.

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    Well said.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shea Knight
    replied
    A homer and a double--well, if there's a silver lining to the last few days, at least Pete Alonso's finishing the season strong slugging-wise.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied

I don't. He is clearly not a starter. I'm not sure why people are so keen on taking the most reliable pitcher in the pen and messing with him. He's out of his element and his performance has been extremely lacking as a result.

In my opinion, having Lugo start is the same as playing him out of position. He'll do it, but it's better he doesn't.
    My concern about Lugo in the rotation is the torn ligament in his elbow. I would prefer he stay in the bullpen.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    I wonder if a position player will get to pitch before the end of this game? They don't have to save anyone for tomorrow. Will Guillorme or Frazier give up fewer runs than their pitchers? Maybe J.D. Davis will finally get to pitch. At least they're keeping things interesting right up until the end.

on edit: At least Matz has settled down.
    Last edited by Mongoose; 09-27-2020, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    I like Lugo in the starting rotation over bullpen.

Leave a comment:

• Shea Knight
    replied
    Well...can't say this isn't a fitting end to Mets 2020...fitting for 2020 in general...

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X