X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moebarguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
    We lost Milledge and Lo Duca, as well as Shawn Green. We gained Ryan Church and Brian Schneider. I don't care what you think about Schneider, we did not take an offensive step backwards.
    But it certainly didn't get better (for the present and future).

Leave a comment:

• Silver Blaze
    replied
    Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
    The Twins can push hard. The teams interested are the Yankees, Red Sox, and Mets. All of them have the financial resources to sign him. The problem is do they want to.

I'm just saying I don't see a Haran-level deal. That said, the Red Sox shelled out $50mil just to talk to Dice-K, so I suppose anything is possible.

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    The Twins can push hard. The teams interested are the Yankees, Red Sox, and Mets. All of them have the financial resources to sign him. The problem is do they want to.

Leave a comment:

• Silver Blaze
    replied
    Originally posted by RubyLegs View Post
    I always felt like the mets would never get haren
    omar seems to have no luck negotiating with billy beane...

If the twins accept an offer that doesn't wright, reyes, maine or perez, Omar needs to pull the trigger

I still say the Twins can't push THAT hard with Santana because of the extension. Three prospects is plenty. Do we have them, compared to Red Sox and Yankees? No. Trading Wright or Reyes would be extremely counterproductive. But do we keep them, with modest pitching and don't win, or do we roll the dice and make a huge trade for Santana, and does that guarantee a win? Hardly. It's kinda tough to know how much to go for it now, and how much to save for the future.

Leave a comment:

• RubyLegs
    replied
    I always felt like the mets would never get haren
    omar seems to have no luck negotiating with billy beane...

If the twins accept an offer that doesn't wright, reyes, maine or perez, Omar needs to pull the trigger

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    I didn't say it was a major step backwards, I just don't expect them to be as productive.

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    We lost Milledge and Lo Duca, as well as Shawn Green. We gained Ryan Church and Brian Schneider. I don't care what you think about Schneider, we did not take an offensive step backwards. Not to mention half the lineup was injured last year and there were spots where literally any given player was an automatic out. IMO, the offense won't be as spotty last year. The shakeup of the coaching staff affected it FAR more than you may think.

Leave a comment:

• m8644
    replied
    bullpen pitchers vary so much from year to year. It's very conceivable that our pen could again be a strength in 2008.

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    Yeah, 3 games over. Let's not forget the offense took a step backwards this off-season. Delgado is likely going to slide and Alou will probably miss more games (though I personally believe he will have a career year and play 130). Also, the bullpen still sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    Thanks. Because I'm sure that roughly 20 starts from Pedro along with a healthy, existing number five starter (probably Livan, who is a million times better than the dreck that was appearing in the number five spot last year), plus John Maine and Oliver Perez having pitched full seasons now will make us worse than we were last year...when we won OVER 85 games.

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    You have a deal.

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    "If that is the case, this team wins no more than 85 games."

I'll take that bet. I get the over, you get the under, 85 games neutral. You win and I'll remove my avatar for a week with the subhead "lost a bet." I win and...well...you do the same. How's that sound?

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    It's Santana or bust for the Mets. I rather mortgage the future for the best pitcher in baseball than pray they our prospects become the next Generation K.

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
    I'll say it now...we're not getting an ace. Period.
    If that is the case, this team wins no more than 85 games.

Leave a comment:

• freshprince85
    replied
    Originally posted by mikemets View Post
    well the mets have been out of the haren loop for awhile now, there chances of getting santana are slim to none. there really isnt any chance of them picking up an "ace" there isnt really much out there, and the asking price for any decent pitching is very high.
    "Slim to none" is to much. The chances are 0%!!!
    I looked at the stats of those six guys, and they where amazing!!!!
    Even with Gomez, Martinez, Pelfrey, Humber, Smith, Heilman: forget it.
    Even Reyes straight up for Johan: No way! MAYBE Wright, Reyes, Gomez, Martinez, Humber and Pelfrey, but this isn't happening (which is a good thing).
    Just look at the stats of those six guys and it's clear (for me), that we are at a point in baseball where you need to have a VERY GOOD farm system and must hope for good FAs. You can forget to trade for all-star players.

BTW, here are the stats of the six guys: OF Carlos Gonzales, OF Aaron Cunningham, 1B Chris Carter, and Pitchers Brett Anderson, Greg Smith and Dana Eveland.
    We've nothing close to that, so forget it
    Last edited by freshprince85; 12-15-2007, 02:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    I'll say it now...we're not getting an ace. Period.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X