X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB.com has that quote in their article, so I think legit

https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-lose-t...ight-cardinals

Comment

• I've always liked Wainwright. That seals the deall!

Comment

• Dang ...and Braves & Phillies look like they're about to lose. There are 6 outs left, but this loss would suck

Comment

• And Familia gives up the long ball yet again.

I'm telling ya, he and Diaz are the worst relievers on the team, and I hope they're gone by next year.
          Put it in the books.

Comment

• And of course Rojas has no one warming up after that. He wants until Armageddon to get anyone up.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

• The Mets lose 7-6, tried to make it interesting in the end. They could have won it.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                The Mets lose 7-6, tried to make it interesting in the end. They could have won it.

The only person who made that inning interesting was the guy out in RF for the Cardinals . I don’t care if he is an infielder , major leaguers should be able to catch a routine fly ball . Never saw Kingman look that bad on a fly ball and that is saying a lot .

If the Cards sweep , the wild card is most likely gone . The Braves have to play the Giants so the division may be a better chance for the Mets .

What happened to the Padres ? And how bad are the D Backs ? They aren’t even competitive anymore .

Comment

• Well, it's something. The Mets activated Nido and Jake Reed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexS View Post
                    Well, it's something. The Mets activated Nido and Jake Reed.
                    They can deactivate Reed again for all I care. He wasn't fooling anyone last night.
                    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Have you ever wondered why some teams keep recalling the same mediocrity from the minor leagues when there are players performing well who haven’t been given a try? Albert Almora and Travis Blankenhorn are just a couple examples of men the Mets have used time and again with no luck, while the likes of Mark Payton (.316 average at Triple-A Syracuse) still wait their turn. Is Payton hurt?

Also, Edwin Diaz since September 3: 2 BSV, 2 losses, 9.00 ERA. Nothing is more irksome and disenchanting than having such a steaming pile of mediocrity take the mound every night, because I know there is a good chance any lead the Mets have, any chance at victory they might possess, is at risk of disappearing in an instant. New York traded two top prospects, outfielder Jarred Kelenic and pitcher Justin Dunn, for him and the currently suspended Robinson Cano. What a load of hokum and balderdash. The Mets have a history of picking up disappointing closers, including Armando Benitez, Francisco Rodriguez and Frank Francisco. Even Billy Wagner, despite his outwardly excellent numbers, gave fans headaches.

Diaz has proven he cannot close in New York and that his stunning 2018 with Seattle (1.96 ERA, 57 saves, 15.2 K/9) was the exception and not the norm. Though he still strikes batters out with great frequency (12.9 K/9 this year, 17.5 K/9 last season), that ability has become nothing more than a novelty since he flunks at every other facet of his job—most importantly, saving games and ensuring victories. He’s signed through the end of 2021. It might be time to say goodbye.

Then again, every time the Mets seem like they are done, something—or someone—crops up that gives me a little more hope. This time, it’s outfielder Kevin Pillar. Since August 28, he’s slashed .355/.444/.806 with 4 home runs, 10 RBI and 8 runs scored. Its been a rough season for Pillar, who’s hitting just .222 overall and who was clocked in the face by a pitch earlier this year.
                      Last edited by AlexS; 09-15-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Me, were I in the dugout: "Well, at least Megill's giving you some innings. That's the important thing, right, Luis?"
                        Put it in the books.

Comment

• He must've heard me, heh.
                          Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                            Me, were I in the dugout: "Well, at least Megill's giving you some innings. That's the important thing, right, Luis?"
                            Luis replies: "Go get Patrick Mazeika to pinch hit for Nimmo. Lefty righty match up with the season on the line."

You: "But Nimmo has an OBP north of .400 and Mazeika is hitting below .200!"

Luis: "That is irrelevant."
                            Last edited by jjpm74; 09-15-2021, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• It's only been a few years since the Mets' young pitchers were the likes of deGrom, Wheeler, Matz, Harvey and Syndergaard. Then the next batch wasn't too bad, either—Gsellman, Lugo. But you knew it they really had nothing left when they started using guys like Oswalt, Walker Lockett and now Megill. Our barrel used to be filled to the brim. Now all we can do is scrape the bottom of it.

Also you guys remember Paul Sewald, who flunked out of the Mets with a 1-14 record, 5.50 ERA and 73 ERA+ in his career with New York? He's with Seattle now and has a 3.12 ERA, 14.9 K/9 IP ratio, 133 ERA+ and 6,4 H/9.

Comment

• Put this game in the toilet.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X