No announcement yet.

Mets give fans holiday present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, on the bright side, at least they didn't sign Payrod and raise prices 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Blaze View Post
      I disagree. The Mets need to compete with the Braves and Phillies for the NL East. They do a good job of that and the gate will take care of itself. Let the Yankees grab all the headlines as they throw silly money at guys like Pavano and Giambi. If it would take $300mil and 10 years to get A-Rod - no thanks. No player is worth that, no matter how much you buy into the hype.
      Well, judging by the cost of tickets, Mets management thinks that the Yankees and Phillies are worth $25 for the worst seat in the house (the old GA $1.30 seats) and the Braves are only worth $20. The Nats are a bargain at $5...now what happens if Washington has a cinderella season, and the Phillies stink ?

Sorry, but the Mets are rapidly becoming less fan friendly by the day ! Look at other teams web sites and compare prices and packages, even teams like the Angels who sell out 98% of their tickets. Jeez, the Yanks have an 11 game package with UPPER TIER BOX seats for 5 bucks a game !!!! And the Mets stick a 25 buck seat into their Holiday package because its Philly ! Oh Happy Holiday!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
        "I still don't think that expecting a 36/37 year old 1 year removed from major shoulder surgery to be the ace is acceptable."

Why not? It's Pedro, who is a well-aging lock for the Hall of Fame, not some regular guy declining. Your downplaying his presence is ridiculous.
        Pedro is getting into the HoF because he had the greatest peak of any pitcher ever. His peak has passed. He's still a good pitcher but expecting him to be the ace is foolish. They need someone younger.

Hello!? Do you remember his last game and the statements he made afterward!?!? Are you aware that Livan is a Type B free agent and Glavine is a Type A? Or that the platoon split was almost useless with Glavine (in fact, his platoon split was reversed...lefties killed Glavine; compare this to Livan's almost equal platoon split in '07)?
        You're right; Both are garbage.
        "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
          the Yanks have an 11 game package with UPPER TIER BOX seats for 5 bucks a game !!!!
          However... all of the games included in the package are midweek night games, and as far as the seats are concerned, they're the outer boxes - between first and the right field corner, and between third and the left field corner.

That having been said, these are seats that normally go for $45 apiece ($48 day of game), so if you don't mind going to midweek night games it's a very good deal. I've already ordered a package, and I lucked out and got row A in box 669, which is at the very end of the stadium on the right field side, but I've sat out there before and the view isn't too bad, so considering I've got Row A in the boxes I think I've got it made.

The package also offers seats anywhere in the Tier Reserve, including the area behind the plate and between the bases, or seats in the bleachers, for the same $5 per game.
          X
          What's THAT guy doing?
          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
            However... all of the games included in the package are midweek night games, and as far as the seats are concerned, they're the outer boxes - between first and the right field corner, and between third and the left field corner.

That having been said, these are seats that normally go for $45 apiece ($48 day of game), so if you don't mind going to midweek night games it's a very good deal. I've already ordered a package, and I lucked out and got row A in box 669, which is at the very end of the stadium on the right field side, but I've sat out there before and the view isn't too bad, so considering I've got Row A in the boxes I think I've got it made.

The package also offers seats anywhere in the Tier Reserve, including the area behind the plate and between the bases, or seats in the bleachers, for the same $5 per game.

It really is a great deal, considering that they draw 50,000 per game already! And since this is the final season, those seats would sell for full price !!!!
            Could the Yankee brass invite the Mets ownership and Omar over for a class in "How to treat your loyal fans " ?

Comment

Originally posted by m8644 View Post
              unless people want to literally DESTROY the farm system, we just arent getting an ace this offseason.
              It's not as if their farm system is actually good.
              "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

"Pedro is getting into the HoF because he had the greatest peak of any pitcher ever."

Excuse me? Dizzy Dean? Sandy Koufax? To a certain degree Walter Johnson? Go read up on your baseball history. As for expecting him to be the ace, the guy knows how to pitch. Your response, of course, would be "yeah, so did Glavine." But Glavine never acted as a second pitching coach the way Pedro does...he took Peterson's advice, ran with it, and is now dispensing it.

"It's not as if their farm system is actually good."

It's nowhere near as bad as you think. How about actually watching some of these guys in Binghamton as opposed to standing back there in the peanut gallery whining like an absolute fool about how bad they are?

"You're right; Both are garbage."

Never said that and you're being harsh to a ridiculous degree...again.
                "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Excuse me? Dizzy Dean? Sandy Koufax? To a certain degree Walter Johnson? Go read up on your baseball history. As for expecting him to be the ace, the guy knows how to pitch. Your response, of course, would be "yeah, so did Glavine." But Glavine never acted as a second pitching coach the way Pedro does...he took Peterson's advice, ran with it, and is now dispensing it.
                  I rank Pedro's peak as the best. Lower mound, tougher era/league, hitter's park, steroids, etc.

It's nowhere near as bad as you think. How about actually watching some of these guys in Binghamton as opposed to standing back there in the peanut gallery whining like an absolute fool about how bad they are?
                  Their farm system lacks depth. If it was good, the Mets would be more in on trades for big pitchers. It isn't. The problem with their farm system is they're the only ones who like their prospects.

Never said that and you're being harsh to a ridiculous degree...again.
                  They both are though.

Comment

"If it was good, the Mets would be more in on trades for big pitchers."

THAT is how you rank the farm system? Okay then, by that measure, since Colorado hasn't traded for a good pitcher in a while, their farm system sucks, too...

"Their farm system lacks depth."

Above A+? Yeah. Below that? No. Ever take the time to look up some of these prospects as opposed to probably looking at the admittedly barren New Orleans (you can thank Steve Phillips and Jim Duquette for that) and saying "oh they all suck"? Geez...

"The problem with their farm system is they're the only ones who like their prospects."

Put down the copy of John "Johan Santana is a LOOGY" Sickels' latest prospect book and look at some of these guys, for God's sake!

"They both are though."

Absolutely unbelievable...also tired, poorly informed, repetitive, and boring.
                    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

THAT is how you rank the farm system? Okay then, by that measure, since Colorado hasn't traded for a good pitcher in a while, their farm system sucks, too...
                      No. The Rockies aren't even in on big pitchers while the Mets are.

Above A+? Yeah. Below that? No. Ever take the time to look up some of these prospects as opposed to probably looking at the admittedly barren New Orleans (you can thank Steve Phillips and Jim Duquette for that) and saying "oh they all suck"? Geez...
                      So because it's worse in the past is an excuse as to why it's still weak?

Put down the copy of John "Johan Santana is a LOOGY" Sickels' latest prospect book and look at some of these guys, for God's sake!
                      For every guy like Santana who comes out of nothing, there are 100 burn outs.

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                        I rank Pedro's peak as the best. Lower mound, tougher era/league, hitter's park, steroids, etc.

As far as peak period, I like Seaver's stats on the worst hitting team around the period 1969-1973 , a 'bad 1974' and his '75 season.

How in the world could you only be 20-10 with a 1.76 era in 1971? The Mets had the worst offense in baseball !!!!

Comment

Seaver never had a peak in the sense that Koufax and Pedro did. He was great his entire career.

Comment

"No. The Rockies aren't even in on big pitchers while the Mets are."

Then kindly explain to me how on earth you rank the farm system.

"So because it's worse in the past is an excuse as to why it's still weak?"

Never said it was. But you're blaming the current management (aka Minaya). The guys to blame as to why AAA and to a lesser extent AA ball are so awful are Phillips and Duquette. Rome wasn't built in a day. A farm system can't be, either. While it doesn't help to have Tony Bernazard rushing the prospects in '06 and '07, he came under tremendous fire from within the organization, including Minaya, for doing so. That means you can expect our prospects to slow down a bit next year and not be rushed (Deolis Guerra and Ruben Tejada were a bit of a harbinger of this last year...when Bernazard wanted to promote Guerra to AA and Tejada to A long season near the end, Minaya countered and flat out said "no" for the first time in a good while).

Our depth at and below A+ is actually nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be. Guys from the 2007 draft class alone were mostly dominant (ironically, our top pick, Eddie Kunz, has struggled the most...but number two pick Nathan Vineyard seems to have found himself in the off-season).

"For every guy like Santana who comes out of nothing, there are 100 burn outs."

Not my point. My point was that a lot of these guys rating the Mets organization as terrible, ESPECIALLY John Sickels, don't know what the heck they're doing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X