This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    Conforto I'd let walk. Let him play the market. Villar I'd let walk too, unless he can be signed on the cheap as a bench player.
    Sources say the early indication is the Mets will give Michael Conforto the qualifying offer and he will reject it.
    https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...17541597155330
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

Sources say the early indication is the Mets will give Michael Conforto the qualifying offer and he will reject it.
      Conforto's another player where you wonder what went wrong. Was he injured? He's usually solid, at least, when healthy.

He'd be smart to take the QO, and build value. If he thinks he can.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

The following players elected free agency:

Albert Almora
        Roel Ramirez
        Chance Sisco
        Wilfredo Tovar
        Jerad Eickhoff

Comment

I saw that the Mets retained Jeremy Hefner but either demoted of let the rest of the coaching staff walk. I wonder if they would consider making Hefner the new manager next season? The guy obviously knows what he is doing and is in demand as far as pitching coaches go.

Comment

My in-laws in Seattle mentioned they’re seeing articles about the Mariners pursuing him. Just up Jerry Dipoto’s alley, a reclamation project.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

My in-laws in Seattle mentioned they’re seeing articles about the Mariners pursuing him. Just up Jerry Dipoto’s alley, a reclamation project.
              They are the Seattle Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

They are the Seattle Mets!
                The New York Mariners of Seattle. Conforto can join Kelenic, Flexen, Seward and Dipoto.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Plus Conforto's from Seattle, he'd be a hometown hero in Baseball Siberia.
                  They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                    Plus Conforto's from Seattle, he'd be a hometown hero in Baseball Siberia.
                    Can we ship him back there with Cano?

Comment

Can we ship him back there with Cano?
                      And Diaz. Don't forget Diaz.
                      Put it in the books.

Comment

I saw that the Mets retained Jeremy Hefner but either demoted of let the rest of the coaching staff walk. I wonder if they would consider making Hefner the new manager next season? The guy obviously knows what he is doing and is in demand as far as pitching coaches go.
                        Hefner had finally put it all together. He had a pretty long stretch of excellent pitching. Then he was obviously pitching hurt, and never came back. I was happy to see him again, apparently thriving as pitching coach.

Ricky Bones probably knew what he was doing as well. I think the team has to start with a clean slate for the new GM. A problem with the Mets was, the Wilpons were GMs for 34 years, so personnel lingered whenever a new nominal GM, manager, or whoever, was hired.

Hopefully, the new management team will be in synch from the beginning, and a well-oiled machine will emerge.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Jeff McNeil, Aaron Loup suggest Mets lacked clubhouse leader in 2021
                          https://sports.yahoo.com/jeff-mcneil...151101662.html
                          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

They are 100% right!

Comment

Good article. My first takeaway is wondering why McNeil himself didn't become the leader he says was missing. Loup is in the pen so he can't influence the dugout, but what's been stopping McNeil from taking a little of the charge he rightfully claims wasn't there?

I'm hoping the Mets' next manager has leadership abilities. I agree with McNeil and Loup that a winning team should have a captain-type player, but a manager who takes charge is essential. All the antics this season showed how little control Rojas had of his team.
                              Put it in the books.

Comment

But..but... I thought Francisco Lindor was the (self-appointed) clubhouse leader.
                                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X