Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all - Just wanted to stop in and thank some of you for checking in over the last few weeks. All is good - just had to take care of a few things. I hope to be posting a bit more often.

Anyway..........in regards to the Mets -- forgive the two month sabbatical summary below

2021 - season ended up being a disaster. I really thought they were going to hang until the end -- not so much. Losing Jake was a huge reason why. Not the only one but a big one.

Lindor - I pined for this guy for 2 years and I have to say I am very very disappointed. Not so much in his bad baseball season -- that can happen. I believe he bounces back in a big way. I am disappointed in his lack of leadership which he was credited with early in the season. He seemed to fall right in line behind Baez when this was suppose to be his team. Something to keep an eye. He has become a very big question mark for me.

Conforto - I have to agree with Mongoose here. Conforto should take the QO and bet on himself to rebuild his value. He lost 10's of millions in 2021 in my opinion.

Noah/Jake - I would like to have him back, but at what cost? He is obviously a very risky proposition. If you look back when they signed Jake I liked the idea but I figured that the contract would be an issue at some point because of age and his previous TJS.

Rojas/Alderson - glad Rojas is gone...very glad. I will be equally happy when Alderson is gone as well. I want to rid of the Wilpon era mgmt.

Cano - he is back in 2022 - something to consider

Nimmo - as important a player that they have not named Jake

Smith - as unimportant player that they have regardless of name.

I am hoping to fill some holes and trade some pieces that dont fit this off season.

This new group will not get a pass if they are not a serious contender for the playoffs in 2022

Last edited by Paulypal; 10-12-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      Hey all - Just wanted to stop in and thank some of you for checking in over the last few weeks. All is good - just had to take care of a few things. I hope to be posting a bit more often.
      Welcome back!
      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

The Mets are teaming up New York Cares for their 15th Annual Mets “Warm-Up” Holiday Coat Drive on Wednesday, December 15th from 10:00am-6:00pm at the Mets Team Store at Citi Field. Free parking will be available in Lot G on Seaver Way.

Fans bringing a new or gently used coat will receive a voucher redeemable for two tickets to a select Mets home game in 2022. Fans will be limited to one (1) ticket voucher.

We hope to see you all there!

https://www.mlb.com/mets/community/coat-drive

Comment

Anyway..........in regards to the Mets -- forgive the two month sabbatical summary below

2021 - season ended up being a disaster. I really thought they were going to hang until the end -- not so much. Losing Jake was a huge reason why. Not the only one but a big one.

Lindor - I pined for this guy for 2 years and I have to say I am very very disappointed. Not so much in his bad baseball season -- that can happen. I believe he bounces back in a big way. I am disappointed in his lack of leadership which he was credited with early in the season. He seemed to fall right in line behind Baez when this was suppose to be his team. Something to keep an eye. He has become a very big question mark for me.

Conforto - I have to agree with Mongoose here. Conforto should take the QO and bet on himself to rebuild his value. He lost 10's of millions in 2021 in my opinion.

Noah/Jake - I would like to have him back, but at what cost? He is obviously a very risky proposition. If you look back when they signed Jake I liked the idea but I figured that the contract would be an issue at some point because of age and his previous TJS.

Rojas/Alderson - glad Rojas is gone...very glad. I will be equally happy when Alderson is gone as well. I want to rid of the Wilpon era mgmt.

I am hoping to fill some holes and trade some pieces that dont fit this off season.

This new group will not get a pass if they are not a serious contender for the playoffs in 2022

Missed ya Pauly. Pay Cano and send him packing...
          North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynboy View Post

Pay Cano and send him packing...
            Nah, someone needs to clean the toilets. Let him fulfill that role.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

How hot is it inside the Mr. Met costume?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Baseball's only $20M toilet cleaner.. Who said the Mets aren't trend setters??
                North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

How hot is it inside the Mr. Met costume?
                  Heh, Cano's not worthy enough to wear it.
                  Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynboy View Post

Missed ya Pauly. Pay Cano and send him packing...
                    Thank you

Its going to be interesting to see how Deep Pockets Steve handles Cano. There are a few factors at play.....

Do they want to sign Baez?
                    Who plays 3rd?
                    Is Villar a real option?
                    Hopefully JD Davis is not on the roster next year

You may be right Cohen may settle with Cano and let him walk.

I still would put McNeil at 3rd, unless they trade for or sign a 3rd basemen.......if available.

Comment

Thank you

Its going to be interesting to see how Deep Pockets Steve handles Cano. There are a few factors at play.....

Do they want to sign Baez?
                      Who plays 3rd?
                      Is Villar a real option?
                      Hopefully JD Davis is not on the roster next year

You may be right Cohen may settle with Cano and let him walk.

I still would put McNeil at 3rd, unless they trade for or sign a 3rd basemen.......if available.
                      Glad you’re back.
                      I suspect the Cano decision will partially depend on if the DH comes to the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Glad you’re back.
                        Thank you and good point I forgot about the DH thing. Actually that even makes room for Davis if thats the case. Davis can hit but having on glove on him is like letting a child play with the oven

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Glad you’re back.
                          When do we find out about the NL DH?
                          Put it in the books.

Comment

Nice to see you back. You missed little of value, at least in terms of the Mets.

It would be interesting to see some year over year, home run spray charts. I think a less lively ball probably had a bigger impact on some Mets "power" hitters, than most. Dom's batted ball numbers weren't so far off last season's, so he could see a rebound, if they use the same ball as the previous few seasons. Same goes for the rest.

Whatever hitting approach they used the previous couple seasons seemed to work better, too.

I have no idea what conceivable off-season moves could fix the team. Just a healthy pitching staff. The only realistic option is to get the underperforming players back where they were, assuming the problems were more than the dead ball. Otherwise, too much to fix.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

When do we find out about the NL DH?
                              The NL DH is part of the next CBA discussions, so not until the CBA is agreed to by both sides.

Comment

Absolutely no way Wilmer did not check his swing . A great season with two epic teams going for win 110 ends on a bad call . Giants - Dodgers should have been the NLCS , MLB should address the seeding .

As for the Mets ;

Maybe the Mets can start imitating the Cardinals.

What about Mike Shildt ?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X