X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Whoa, for real? Haha, very good!

...and well deserved.
    And about bloody time. Now they need to get him into Cooperstown. While he's around to enjoy it.
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
      And about bloody time. Now they need to get him into Cooperstown. While he's around to enjoy it.
      Oh, I couldn't agree more.
      Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
        The Mets are hosting their Annual Winter Blood Drive on Wednesday, January 12 from 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. in the Piazza Club at Citi Field.

Fans donating blood will receive a voucher redeemable for two tickets to a select Monday-Thursday Mets home game during the 2022 season with exclusions and based on availability. Donors must be 16 years of age (with parental consent), weigh at least 110 lbs. and be in good health. All participants must show proof of vaccination and wear a mask. Free parking is available in Lot G on Seaver Way.

Limit one (1) voucher per person

https://www.mlb.com/mets/tickets/specials/blood-program
        This and the winter clothing drive are probably my two favorite offseason charitable drives.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

This and the winter clothing drive are probably my two favorite offseason charitable drives.
          The Mets also collect canned food in November usually before Thanksgiving.
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

The Mets also collect canned food in November usually before Thanksgiving.
            The trifecta.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

Very large turnout today at Citi - still on line ! Last year I donated convalescent plasma and got a voucher which I didn’t use. If I get a voucher this season I will
              very gladly give it to a Mets fan on this forum .

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

Very large turnout today at Citi - still on line ! Last year I donated convalescent plasma and got a voucher which I didn’t use. If I get a voucher this season I will
                very gladly give it to a Mets fan on this forum .
                Thank you for doing your part. Generous folks like you literally saved my life last year!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Thank you for doing your part. Generous folks like you literally saved my life last year!
                  Just a small token of trying to help . My sister died of leukemia at age 19 . She was given a lot
                  of blood in her fight .I was 16 at the time and vowed I would donate until they wouldn’t let me anymore . Plasma , platelets , whole blood, double red - whatever they need . My first donation was the year “ The Magic is Back “

so very glad you made it !!!!
                  mandrake
                  Last edited by mandrake; 01-12-2022, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Tyler Kepner with a great article on Keith.

A quote from Darling- “ I didn’t know the game could be played that correctly”.

The Mets had the best record in baseball during his six full seasons in Flushing. (I didn’t know that)
                    Not bad for a player that got traded to baseball oblivion.

My first memory of him was right after the trade. He was being interviewed in the dugout and he looked like he was about to cry.

Comment

• The Mets recently signed left-hander Alex Claudio and right-hander Stephen Nogosek to minor league deals, Chris Hilburn-Trenkle of Baseball America reports. The signings are allowed during the lockout since both players are minor league free agents.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...contracts.html
                      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                        Tyler Kepner with a great article on Keith.

A quote from Darling- “ I didn’t know the game could be played that correctly”.

The Mets had the best record in baseball during his six full seasons in Flushing. (I didn’t know that)
                        Not bad for a player that got traded to baseball oblivion.

My first memory of him was right after the trade. He was being interviewed in the dugout and he looked like he was about to cry.
                        I’ve told the story of going to Philly to see the Mets in a DH about two weeks after getting Keith . They lost the first game due to an error wrongly ( IMHO) charged to Keith . Philly had runners on 1st and 2nd and there was a bunt to first , Keith charged it and fired to third - and Kingman had no idea the ball was coming to him and watched as it sailed down the left field line . I remember Philly hecklers yelling “ You are not in St Louis anymore “ . Going from the 1982 champs to the 1983 Mets .....yikes .... Keith easily could have pouted
                        like Richie Hebner 4 years earlier .

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

I’ve told the story of going to Philly to see the Mets in a DH about two weeks after getting Keith . They lost the first game due to an error wrongly ( IMHO) charged to Keith . Philly had runners on 1st and 2nd and there was a bunt to first , Keith charged it and fired to third - and Kingman had no idea the ball was coming to him and watched as it sailed down the left field line . I remember Philly hecklers yelling “ You are not in St Louis anymore “ . Going from the 1982 champs to the 1983 Mets .....yikes .... Keith easily could have pouted
                          like Richie Hebner 4 years earlier .
                          I have said it a million times - Keith is not the best everyday player they ever had, but he is by far, in my opinion the most important player they ever had.

The Mets never had before or since a player that brought to the park what he did. Excellent hitter, greatest defender ever at his position, and an on field leader like nobody else. Keith was one of those players that numbers alone can not define. His numbers are excellent, but the stability he brought I dont think can be measured.

Put it to you this way - without Keith Met fans would not be looking on the mid-80's as glory years. Again my opinion. As mentioned above the Mets had the best record in baseball during his tenure. I think he impacted everything about those teams --- pitchers included.

I know everyone uses WAR to gauge how impactful a player is. In 1984 his actual WAR was 6.4. I can say watching that team it was more like 15. He taught those teams how to win.

I really wish he would have hung them up after 1988. He would have been a lifetime .300 hitter. I am sure that sticks in his craw a bit.

Herzog couldnt wait to get rid of him. Imagine that. Thanks Whitey!!

I know Met fans always say the Mets had two great leaders in Keith/Carter, but the gap between them is vast in my opinion. Carter was a good leader, but he was not in the vicinity of Keith.

Comment

• The Mets did very well in the International Draft this year, picking up Juan Simon, Willy Fana and D'Angelo Sarmiento. Simon was highly sought after:

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/post...UjMiPfPbZGFUEA

Comment

• Glenn Sherlock it is as the Bench Coach. Bucks choice it would appear. Jon Heyman reporting. More info to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                                Glenn Sherlock it is as the Bench Coach. Bucks choice it would appear. Jon Heyman reporting. More info to come.
                                As it should be. Nice to see these things happening.
                                Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X